Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 11-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #31
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

It was suggested at a Natsume Yuujinchou panel that more naturey settings make better photos for this series. How do you guys feel about having the gathering at Lindsay Plaza, where there is grass and the palm trees give a little shade? Or the stairs between West Hall and Pico Blvd, which is a common gathering area and has a big shaded overhang, but is mostly concrete? Any thoughts?

Unread 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #32
kazumas

Hm, the Lindsay Plaza is usually packed with people. If our group isn't too big we might be able to manage, but at the same time I'm just worried it'll be too crowded.

But I'm perfectly fine with either place~ Both are great places. ; u;
kazumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #33
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Good point.
I guess it would be nice to wait and see where other gatherings sign up for, to get an idea of which location would be crowded or clearer. Then, decide which place to have our gathering.
Anymore thoughts from anyone else? o.o?
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #34
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer

I have planned Nyanko-Sensei's version of Reiko with the cat mask from season 4 ep 7 i think.

AX 2013 Complete ^^
AX 2014 Maybe...
Shagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #35
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagami View Post
I have planned Nyanko-Sensei's version of Reiko with the cat mask from season 4 ep 7 i think.
O.O!!!!! That's so awesome! Really looking forward to some haughty poses!
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #36
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Bump.
Considering making more than one Natsume cosplay for the con. Question is, which one would you rather see at the gathering? Natsume, Hiiragi, Hinoe, or maybe even Benio?
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #37
SL3661

^ Hirragi

I might show up to take pictures and maybe wear like those mask they used in the anime to disguise themselves as a youkai.
SL3661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #38
pokemongood

A Natsume Yuujinchou gathering sounds like so much fun.This is going to be my first time at AX, so not sure who I'm going to be yet, but I'll definitely try to stop by if it happens. I'm thinking I may either cosplay as Taki in either in her winter uniform or the school festival outfit, or Reiko...
pokemongood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #39
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL3661 View Post
^ Hirragi

I might show up to take pictures and maybe wear like those mask they used in the anime to disguise themselves as a youkai.
Looking forward to your random masked yokai. ...Or is it, human disguised as yokai? ^.^? Feel free to jump into some pictures with your mask.

Thanks for the input! ^_^
It looks like I may have to cut down the cosplay to only 1 afterall. So I'll focus on Hiiragi.

I'm going to try to sign up for artist alley, so I'll probably set the gathering time to work around that. But if that turns out to be absolutely a problem for everyone, I'll see if I can cut out of artist alley early for the gathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongood View Post
A Natsume Yuujinchou gathering sounds like so much fun.This is going to be my first time at AX, so not sure who I'm going to be yet, but I'll definitely try to stop by if it happens. I'm thinking I may either cosplay as Taki in either in her winter uniform or the school festival outfit, or Reiko...
Looking forward to whichever character you chose! We could always use more. But might I suggest avoiding winter clothing versions, if you can. Anime Expo is so frickin' hot and summery. x_x; Wouldn't want anyone to get heat exhaustion. But if you can take it (or if you're going to spend most of the con in the air conditioned rooms), winter uniforms are more than welcome. ^_^
By the way, love that Sensei avatar. ^o^
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #40
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

scheduling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticdragon3 View Post
I'm going to try to sign up for artist alley, so I'll probably set the gathering time to work around that. But if that turns out to be absolutely a problem for everyone, I'll see if I can cut out of artist alley early for the gathering.
Well, looks like artist alley is already sold out, so no need to worry about scheduling the gathering around artist alley's closing/opening times.

Did you guys see that the unofficial AX2013 gathering list is up?
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=313579

Please let's start talking about any other gatherings you are interested in, so we can schedule the Natsume Yuujinchou gathering around them.
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #41
pokemongood

Quote:
Looking forward to whichever character you chose! We could always use more. But might I suggest avoiding winter clothing versions, if you can. Anime Expo is so frickin' hot and summery. x_x; Wouldn't want anyone to get heat exhaustion. But if you can take it (or if you're going to spend most of the con in the air conditioned rooms), winter uniforms are more than welcome. ^_^
By the way, love that Sensei avatar. ^o^
Thanks for the heads up. The material doesn't seem that thick, so I think I'll be okay. Or that's the hope at least. I'm from Arizona so I hope my heat tolerance is greater. I'll definitely be leaving the overcoat at home though.

Thanks! I love Nyanko sensei~ Who I still need to buy...

As for other gatherings, I'm considering going to the SAO gathering too, which I think is the Friday, but I'm not really sure yet either, so I'm pretty open..
pokemongood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #42
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemongood View Post
Thanks for the heads up. The material doesn't seem that thick, so I think I'll be okay. Or that's the hope at least. I'm from Arizona so I hope my heat tolerance is greater. I'll definitely be leaving the overcoat at home though.

Thanks! I love Nyanko sensei~ Who I still need to buy...

As for other gatherings, I'm considering going to the SAO gathering too, which I think is the Friday, but I'm not really sure yet either, so I'm pretty open..
Arizona?! Ok, maybe you'll be fine. ^_^ In any case, we'll be bringing some drinks and light snacks for the photoshoot, so feel free to rehydrate when you get warm.

Still need to buy Sensei? Fortunately, lots of booths at LA cons have been stocking him lately. But some are charging $50, while others are charging $35. So please shop around. I got my $35 Sensei from HobbyFan, who will be at AX2013, according to the AX website's Exhibitor List.

Thanks for the input about your interest in Sword Art Online's gathering. I'll put that into account and try to schedule the Natsume Yuujinchou gathering around SAO.

Anyone else have other gatherings that they don't want to conflict with our Natsume gathering's time/place?
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #43
SL3661

Quote:
Still need to buy Sensei? Fortunately, lots of booths at LA cons have been stocking him lately. But some are charging $50, while others are charging $35. So please shop around. I got my $35 Sensei from HobbyFan, who will be at AX2013, according to the AX website's Exhibitor List.
There was such things!? I need to get me a nyako-sensei then! Didn't see anything from Natsume at ALA though.
SL3661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #44
Shagami
Shy Cosplayer

I also plan to be at the SAO gathering as well
Along with Tales of Gathering, which i think they said the 6th
Which happens to be my birthday.

If I cant find out how to make the mask, I think ill wear my nyanko-sensei jacket xP

AX 2013 Complete ^^
AX 2014 Maybe...

Last edited by Shagami : 03-10-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Shagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #45
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL3661 View Post
There was such things!? I need to get me a nyako-sensei then! Didn't see anything from Natsume at ALA though.
Really? I saw sooo much Sensei merchandise from ALA2013. ...But I think I only went into their dealer's hall on the first day. Maybe they sold out really fast? o.o?