Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: Does it work for you?!
I have not met or spoken to anyone even after a week of my post. 57 81.43%
I have talked to someone as a friend or set up a date. 7 10.00%
I have met a few people on here that catch my interest as friends or more. 5 7.14%
I now have a BF or GF because of my post 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 01-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #301
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
Name: Mark Cloud [29/Male]
General location: Chicago
Likes and or dislikes:

- Long sits by the beach; walks are fine, too!
- Oh, and trying new food! If I ever go to a restaurant or food dealer, specials will always be the first to be read over then the menu.
- Thoughtful conversation.

Dislikes:
- Cosplays don't assemble themselves...

Mangas:
- Naruto [Just to see it to the end]
- Bartender [Really interesting and gives me something to order when I hit up the bars]
- Genshiken
- Mysterious Girlfriend X [Slow and agonizing but want to see it to the end]
- The World God Only Knows [Has been my main cosplay, also kind of recognized for]

Animes: Don't quite follow

What you are looking for. (Be it just friends or more):
- Anyone for friends, yay! You can friend me on facebook, click the link in my signature!
- Females for cos-PlayDates... err... cosplay partner! If something more develops, sweet!
Self Summary: Will update later, for now, I'm an INTP.
Updated once more
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #302
Kiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
You know, I was planning on it, but when I talked to them, they told me that I would need my primary doctor in their clinic for me to see them. My family doctor, I cannot give up on. ):....

Sucks too because I am by that area almost every day. My job actually is to take people from the Sheraton right outside of Anime Boston, and bring them to Time Square and make another trip back, which is right down the street of Fenway Health. :/.... It's a shame, but I am hoping to see a therapist near my town soon. I talked to a Thomas Lewis at Fenway Health who told me this. ):....

Well, DW7 is being remade for the 3DS if you ever pick that up. I just..... adored DW7 in practically every way. Characters could have been better, but it was terrific. Great to see another Dragon Warrior fan in the Boston area. :3
I'm actually not in the Boston area. Went to college up in Boston for a year and met a few people, one of whom now works at Fenway Health in the TG department.

I am, however, coming from NJ and leaving from NYC for Anime Boston. I usually take Megabus or Boltbus, though they leave from NY Penn Station. Didn't know there was a service that leaves from Time Square. Will have to look into it.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #303
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
I'm actually not in the Boston area. Went to college up in Boston for a year and met a few people, one of whom now works at Fenway Health in the TG department.

I am, however, coming from NJ and leaving from NYC for Anime Boston. I usually take Megabus or Boltbus, though they leave from NY Penn Station. Didn't know there was a service that leaves from Time Square. Will have to look into it.

Oh, no kidding. That would have been cool if I got in there then. ):..... Was really hoping to get in there too. :/

And wow, how funny. Taking our competition I see. Fair enough. We actually drop off right at the Sheraton AB takes place, and the other point is 53rd and 6th specifically in NYC. Not exactly Time Square but close. Our service is kinda costly though. Something like 89 one way, so yeah, I honestly would say, from con-goer to con-goer, go the cheap way. .... All we offer on my service that is different is A sandwich (or salad), beverages (Sodas, juices, coffees, teas, and water), and a server (My job) who changes movies, offers headsets, cleans the bus, and so on. It's like 40 more for our service, and trust me, the drinks and sandwiches aren't worth the extra 40. ... Megabus looks kinda fun with the double decker thing going.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #304
Kiro

lol What was nice about Megabus, at least when I first used their service, is their really affordable price. I think the lowest I've paid for was $13 round trip, but that's because I care about the times I leave and arrive. Haven't checked recently, but if I only cared about the lowest price, I think I could have gotten it down to $2 round trip. I don't really expect anyone to compete with that.

Don't know if I'll be picking up a 3DS. I literally have three games now for the DS, and I've only played one of them. >.<

Anyway, it looks like you're planning on attending Anime Boston. Maybe I'll see you there.
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #305
bana

Doubt I'll meet anyone from where I'm from, but why not? uwu
1. Skylar, but I go by Sky or Skippy.
2. Northern Ontario, around four hours from Toronto. There are literally no cosplayers or anyone from online up north!! Find a fandom friend would be awesome.
3.Self Summary & Gender Female. I'm thirteen, but many people mistake me for an older age. I love roleplaying, cosplaying, gaming (PS3, PC) and apart of various fandoms. I spend most of my time on Tumblr, actually and often browse these forums. I don't post any pictures on Cosplay.com, seeing as I'm a bit intimidated by all these amazing cosplayers, so I tend to link people to my Tumblr's face tag. (x)
4. I love animals, mostly wolves, deer, moose, birds! I don't really have many dislikes I guess other than people that annoy/piss me off; as in close minded people?
5.What you are looking for. Pretty much just a friend!!
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #306
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
lol What was nice about Megabus, at least when I first used their service, is their really affordable price. I think the lowest I've paid for was $13 round trip, but that's because I care about the times I leave and arrive. Haven't checked recently, but if I only cared about the lowest price, I think I could have gotten it down to $2 round trip. I don't really expect anyone to compete with that.

Don't know if I'll be picking up a 3DS. I literally have three games now for the DS, and I've only played one of them. >.<

Anyway, it looks like you're planning on attending Anime Boston. Maybe I'll see you there.
Oh, we have one driver who is always behind schedule. Funny thing is, I am working now, and he is my driver. :/.... Was late getting into New York today. All my other drivers get there with decent time, as long as traffic is good.

Sounds like me. :/.... I have DQ4, My Japanese Coach, and Pokemon Black. Win? Win.

Perhaps. Any cosplay ideas or plans you have that I can watch out for?

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 01-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #307
Kiro

I'd think the drivers would want to be ahead of schedule so that they'd have a larger break between trips. :/

Have Pokemon White, Pokemon White 2, and now Dragon Warrior IX. Current game I'm playing? Legend of Dragoon for the PS1. Have three games on Steam I haven't touched yet. Overall, I have enough games to hold me off for the rest of the year. (-_-);

Don't have anything firm yet. Been considering the Gun Gale Online version of Kirito (Sword Art Online), but I might be too stocky to pull it off successfully. Other than that, I really have nothing in mind. Definitely cosplaying, though, even if I have to bring back an old one.
Unread 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #308
tamachan247

Name: Nora/Natalie

Location: Chicago, IL but will be moving to Orlando, FL by the end of the year.

Summary: I'm an 18 year old girl who is finishing her last year of high school. I want to go to college and study Film Production. I started to cosplay in 2009 with Code Geass. I love to cosplay and be someone i'm really not. Other than cosplay and anime I really enjoy reading comic books and I like hanging out with friends. I'm a pretty out there type of person and i love to have a conversation with people.

Interests: Anime, Cosplay, Film, Comics, writing, psychology

Anime: There is a lot I like FMA is on the list along with Hetalia, Code Geass and much more.

Music: I enjoy J-pop and K-pop. My favorite band is Led Zeppelin and I am a BIG rock fan.

Seeking: I am seeking any type of relationship. I just want someone who is nerdy but someone i can have a good conversation with. Ages should be between 18 and 32
tamachan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #309
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
I'd think the drivers would want to be ahead of schedule so that they'd have a larger break between trips. :/

Have Pokemon White, Pokemon White 2, and now Dragon Warrior IX. Current game I'm playing? Legend of Dragoon for the PS1. Have three games on Steam I haven't touched yet. Overall, I have enough games to hold me off for the rest of the year. (-_-);

Don't have anything firm yet. Been considering the Gun Gale Online version of Kirito (Sword Art Online), but I might be too stocky to pull it off successfully. Other than that, I really have nothing in mind. Definitely cosplaying, though, even if I have to bring back an old one.

Me too.... *Sigh* And he is always disliking not getting a break. It sucks when he has this tendency to walk away from the bus to go and use the bathrooom at a Dunkin Donuts across the street when we have one on the bus and are far behind schedule too. I couldn't believe he did that before. >_>;....

Ah. I think I might be done with my NDS already. Just losing my interest in games. :/... LoD was pretty good as much as I have played. I just got Ninokuni and still haven't even played it yet. Kinda sucks. Work, life problems and more taking the spotlight.

Oh, nice. I don't know GGO Kirito, but I have watched 16 episodes of SAO. Even making an AMV for it for Anime Boston.... of only the first arc though. Coming out rather nice. Hope yo come up with something. Hell, at this point, I hope "I" do.

Unread 01-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #310
Kiro

Yeah, I pretty much stopped gaming as soon as I got a part-time job: I might get in two hours/month on average, but that's about it. Gaming just isn't as appealing to me as it once was, though I like to have a few in hand just in case.

I currently have a very light class schedule (I graduate this May), but I'm also maximizing my hours interning. Commuting 100-170 miles/day + class + work makes little time to do anything else. I admit that having my weekends free is nice, though I'm currently using them to finish commissioning a prop for a friend for the upcoming Katsucon. After Katsucon, I guess I need to figure out what cosplay I want to do, start working on it, and apply for full-time jobs. I would also like to get my project car back on the road, but that's taking a back seat for now as it has for the last couple years.

I don't know why choosing a new cosplay is so hard. My friends don't seem to have this problem. <_<

GGO Kirito is currently only in the light novel, though we might see him if there is another season of SAO. The second arc isn't that spectacular compared to the first arc, so you picked the right arc to make your AMV. I look forward to seeing it. ^_^
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #311
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Yeah, I pretty much stopped gaming as soon as I got a part-time job: I might get in two hours/month on average, but that's about it. Gaming just isn't as appealing to me as it once was, though I like to have a few in hand just in case.

I currently have a very light class schedule (I graduate this May), but I'm also maximizing my hours interning. Commuting 100-170 miles/day + class + work makes little time to do anything else. I admit that having my weekends free is nice, though I'm currently using them to finish commissioning a prop for a friend for the upcoming Katsucon. After Katsucon, I guess I need to figure out what cosplay I want to do, start working on it, and apply for full-time jobs. I would also like to get my project car back on the road, but that's taking a back seat for now as it has for the last couple years.

I don't know why choosing a new cosplay is so hard. My friends don't seem to have this problem. <_<

GGO Kirito is currently only in the light novel, though we might see him if there is another season of SAO. The second arc isn't that spectacular compared to the first arc, so you picked the right arc to make your AMV. I look forward to seeing it. ^_^
Yeah, I haven't touched my PS3 since I finished Legasista on Thanksgiving. :/.... sucks because Ninokuni, I been hyped for it forever, and still want to play it, but.... :/...

Wow. x_x.... how do you do it? Lol. And grats on college. I really wish I was able to afford to get to one. Reaaaaaaaaaally would have loved it. :/... Ahh.... I just made my first prop last year myself. Was a clow staff and it looks pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself. .... Good luck with landing a full timer!

YOU AND ME BOTH. >_>

Awesome to hear. .... If I make it into the contest this year, we will see!..... I made it in in 2007 (Or 8, I forget) and 2011. Cmon 13!

Unread 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #312
Kiro

Same with me and Warface. Waited years for it to come out, but when beta was finally released in North America... haven't touched it. I feel like Metro Last Light will get the same treatment, seeing as I still haven't started its prequel Metro 2033. Over the past few years, I discovered that I enjoyed socializing. It's a relatively new thing to me, considering my long history of being a shy introvert. I guess it's sort of like my past self and my current self are fighting each other: if I had $30, would I spend it on a game or to hang out with friends?

It's... exhausting. There isn't much physical movement when driving, but it can really wear you out. The only way I've managed is by taking short naps before work and before class. College is great; I will definitely miss it once I graduate. Getting a higher education can be ridiculously expensive out here on the east coast, but I believe it's worth the trouble. For those less fortunate than myself, I always recommend community college and county college as a starting point. Easier said than done, I know, but even if it takes you years working full-time and going to school part-time to graduate, if you choose a good major, it will be rewarding in the end.

I believe my first cosplay prop was Kyoya Hibari's tonfas (Hitman Reborn). My second was a pair of Beretta 76's for Mr. Chang (Black Lagoon. Pics are in my album). The prop I'm working on now will be my third and most challenging item I've ever constructed. It's fun imo.

The AMV contest must be hard to get into. I've made one AMV before (FLCL w/ Linkin Park's Faint) and it came out okay, but definitely not nearly as good as the worst AMV's shown in any convention's AMV contest. That said, you must be pretty good to have made it past the initial selection process twice. I wish you the best of luck.
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #313
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Lately, to me, friends. I rarely hang out with them anymore because we all work. I can game any time I am not working. If an opportunity opens to hang with my friends I see once a year, I think I am going to take that. Hell, I spent well over 30 to hang out with ONE friend in Boston on the 12th for a day and watch the Madoka movies with her at a theater, and we talked and walked for a while. Wouldn't trade moments like that for a game, no way.

Yeah. I have actually looked into one (trade one, not community) and the total said something like 10-17k for a year, which isn't so bad, since you don't need too many years in this particular trade. Definitely true though. Thankfully, my job pays off very nice, and I get alot of days to work too. Just.... family is in a nasty money state right now, so I dunno what will happen. I just can't leave to college and let my family go homeless....

Oh I bet. More challenge, and the better it looks, the more satisfying. .... What is it?

Yeah, I am decent. I recommend staying away from Linkin Park though. Linkin Park songs in AMV contests are always seen as jokes..... like "Oh great, another DBZ video set to Linkin Park!"..... I dunno, it always has been. >.o.... Most of my AMVs use Within Temptation's music. This year is no different. xD And yeah, it's hard sometimes. Never know what you are up against, and some of these BiS offerings are TOUGH to kill.

Unread 01-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #314
Talismand

Trying again hopfully with better luck this time ^^
Name: Timmy
About myself: I am currently working at the Mercedes Benz dealership in Delray. I like in my spare time to hang out with friends watch movies, anime, play video games ect. I practice martial arts and know 3 different sword styles (a bit rusty though) I am also a writer and do so when i have the time to. I play hockey and every other sport that i can. I am very active and like to have fun and joke around. I also shoot guns when i can and own a Glock 36 (looking to get a mosin nugant) i play league of legends as well and diablo 3 Demon Hunters FTW!!! random sorry ^^. Anything else you want to know simply ask and i will replay.
Looking for: Friends or a relationship i honestly would need a chance to hang out and get to know the person relationship women only
Likes: Anime, sports, movies, music (country hiphop techno rock mostly anything ^^) video games, guns
Dislikes: whinny people, dishonesty, judgmental people
Hope to hear from someone ^^ and thanks for reading nerd on everyone ^^
Talismand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #315
AnnaJieJie

Name: McKenna
General location: Central NY state, though this will change come the summer.

About Me: Female, 22, currently in my last semester of college with a major in Film and Media Studies and a minor in Creative Writing. I want to go into either journalism or publishing. I would love to live in Boston, but realistically speaking that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. I have a rather eclectic fashion sense; I like dressing up and looking classy, but "classy" may mean button-up+vest+tie one day and 1920s-style dress and hat another. It all depends on what I'm in the mood for. My politics lean heavily toward the liberal end of the spectrum.

Likes and or dislikes: Cosplaying, obviously. All of my hobbies require creative thinking in one way or another, though. In addition to cosplay, I sew everyday clothes and Lolita outfits. I draw, write, and cook (and have some measure of skill at all three). Tabletop games are another big love of mine. I've played Dungeons and Dragons, Spirit of the Century, Little Fears, and World of Darkness. I'm running Changeling: The Lost this semester. My fave video game system is the PS2, followed shortly thereafter by the DS and 3DS. I mostly play RPGS, puzzle games, and Pokemon. Also, I drink a LOT of tea.

Anime/Manga I'm into: Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Digimon, Durarara, Baccano, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Descendants of Darkness.

Other Shows I'm into: Supernatural, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Adventure Time, The Mentalist, Law and Order SVU

What I'm are looking for: I don't know, exactly. I highly doubt something will actually come of this post. I'm sort of in the market for a relationship, though, so why not see? And I could always use some new people to talk to, so if someone just wants to make a new friend, that's cool too!
I like a people who are intelligent, good listeners, and tolerant of other peoples' opinions. Interest in the same series as me would be amazing. Meeting another tabletop gamer would also be amazing.
My ideal romantic option is male, but if that right lady comes along I won't pass her up. Someone between 22-30 years old. Living in New York State (especially in Upstate) is preferable.
AnnaJieJie is offline   Reply With Quote