Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

View Poll Results: Does it work for you?!
I have not met or spoken to anyone even after a week of my post. 56 81.16%
I have talked to someone as a friend or set up a date. 7 10.14%
I have met a few people on here that catch my interest as friends or more. 5 7.25%
I now have a BF or GF because of my post 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.83 average.
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #316
Kiro

Larcenciel:

Half of my friends work or are finishing up school, the other half laze about at home. It's actually distance more than time that keeps us from hanging out often. I'm usually the busiest one, though that may have changed this semester. We make the effort, whether it be for cosplay or just to watch a movie.

10-17k is actually more than I was expecting. Currently paying $15k/year, which is much less than the $35k I paid for during my first year up in Boston ($30k tuition + $20k room/board - $15k scholarship). I will owe about $90k when I graduate. The number is intimidating, but what I'm betting on is this: working hard while I'm young and relaxing when I'm older vs. working harder and harder my entire life until I'm burnt out. There are no guarantees, of course, but this path has a little more statistical certainty than most other paths.

You're right, though: family is important, especially a supporting one. I can't pretend to know your situation, but what I would consider is enroll as a part-time student at a cheaper local college and try getting at least the general requirements done (chances are that the credits will be transferable, though you should ask first of course), even if it means taking a single class per semester to keep costs down. At least you'll be getting yourself started. My dad spent nine years to complete his four year degree because he had to work full-time. It wasn't easy, but it got him out of the slums. I'm sure you can do the same or better.

Keeping it a secret for now. I need to finish it within the next couple weeks, but if it's successful, I'll let you know.

The AMV I made was, ironically, for a high school English project. Linkin Park probably reflected my musical tastes at the time. I've changed musical tastes several times now, the latest band I'm hooked on probably being Shanghai Restoration Project. Sort of a nice transition from listening to Yoko Kanno. Prior to that was Lisa Miskovsky, Massive Attack, Skillet, and Within Temptation. I'm always surprised when I find another Within Temptation fan. Not too many people I know have heard of them.

So, yeah. SAO to Within Temptation. I can see it. You'll do fine.

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #317
jrockfreak

Figured I would repost this and try again

Davius Reid

Male

friendship: male or female, relationship: female.

Im a pretty shy person when i first meet people, but i like to hang out with friends and game and listen to music. Im a college student. and big fan of kpop and jrock.

anime: naruto, bleach, flcl, darker than black, ouran host club, corpse princess, sands of destruction, princess jellyfish, mayo chiki!, lots more.

my favorite manga right now is Kekkaishi

you can pm me on here.
jrockfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #318
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
Larcenciel:

10-17k is actually more than I was expecting. Currently paying $15k/year, which is much less than the $35k I paid for during my first year up in Boston ($30k tuition + $20k room/board - $15k scholarship). I will owe about $90k when I graduate. The number is intimidating, but what I'm betting on is this: working hard while I'm young and relaxing when I'm older vs. working harder and harder my entire life until I'm burnt out. There are no guarantees, of course, but this path has a little more statistical certainty than most other paths.
I'm sorry I saw this and had to comment. i am paying back 50k. All on my own. I have a good job but between this and all my other bills I can pay the minimum each month. Basically I am paying a ton more in insurance, but unless you strike it rich right off, you will be paying back more than the loans you took out. So as long as you know this and plan for it, you will both be fine.

Ok, sorry I cut in, wandering back to my corner now.
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #319
Kiro

I didn't take out any loans: the 90k that I owe is to my parents with no accumulation of interest. If I can get a full-time job, my expected starting salary for my working experience and major is around $60k. If I live frugally, I might be able to save $15k/year after taxes and living expenses. At this rate, I should expect to pay off my debts in about six years. That's quite a long time imo with a lot of if's attached to it.

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #320
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Kiro:

That's awesome. Yeah, only three of us live in our town. Two live in Maryland, and the last one lives in New Hampshire. Both kind of kill us. The one in New Hampshire and I, we have been talking alot lately, and she really wishes we were closer because we found out.... or, she found out, we both have alot more in common than thought. D:

True. Honestly, I never really looked into college, and I really don't know numbers too well. :/.... It would be about 10k if I don't live on campus that is. I always thought though, if I got that friend from New Hampshire to come down, and we both were to go, this could be worth it. I seriously think college is out of the question at this point though. Maybe I will give it serious consideration once the company I work for goes under.... and it will eventually, I just know it.

Maybe. :/... but I just don't think I will get to college. My family is so darn poor, and I hold more money than even my parents do. I have given them well over 20k over the past I dunno, 5 years, and we are still in jeopardy of things. It sucks ass.

Awe, poo. :P

Ah. Yeah, I think Linkin Park really was an influence and reach out to our generation. s:.... That's the thing though..... too popular, everyone uses it, and it becomes a joke. .... And my 2011 AMV to AB was using a Skillet song. ... Specifically, "Hero".

Thanks, I hope so!

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #321
Kiro

I can only imagine the challenges you must be facing, and it isn't a pretty picture. The only thing I can say right now is to stay strong and keep college in mind. Maybe you'll catch a lucky break. If and when that opportunity comes, take full advantage of it. Even if the future seems bleak now, tomorrow brings a new day.

Wow, that's a neat coincidence. My favorite Skillet song is The Legion of Doom remix of Hero.

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #322
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
I can only imagine the challenges you must be facing, and it isn't a pretty picture. The only thing I can say right now is to stay strong and keep college in mind. Maybe you'll catch a lucky break. If and when that opportunity comes, take full advantage of it. Even if the future seems bleak now, tomorrow brings a new day.

Wow, that's a neat coincidence. My favorite Skillet song is The Legion of Doom remix of Hero.

We will see.... :/.... So much I NEED to do before then. Therapy being one. Coming out to the rest of my family is another. Having SOME cash is another..... but I will do whatever I can to hopefully work this out. :/

Yeah, I never heard the remixes, however, I never been a big fan of many remixes either. Hero IS a terrific song though. I was pretty sure I was going to win in 2011 too. ):

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #323
Kiro

Unfortunately, I can't help you along with any of that. I do, however, wish you the best of luck. If you need another person to talk to, please feel free to PM me or friend me on Facebook.

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston
AnimeNEXT
Katsucon?
Otakon
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #324
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I can't help you along with any of that. I do, however, wish you the best of luck. If you need another person to talk to, please feel free to PM me or friend me on Facebook.
I don't have facebook, but I appreciate it. Thanks alot.

Unread 01-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #325
starnes82

i started cosplaying last year. i read the forums to get advice and tips on things. it'd be cool to talk to people here.
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #326
MrParadox
Friend or Foe

Eh, sure, why not? THis could be fun.

Name: Classified (If you would rather not call me by my screen name or "Hey, you!", just call me Terui Ryu for now since that's my last cosplay)
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ. Will be moving to Union County in September.

Summary: I am a 23 year old hispanic guy who is currently enrolled in college and has a steady part time job. I am pretty skinny for a guy. I enjoy cosplaying and taking pictures at cons, in fact I plan on doing photography as a serious hobby and would love to get some advice from people. I am a somewhat private person online but don't let that fool you once we meet in person as I do enjoy talking and making friends but it takes a lot more for me to be open online than in person. I am often described as quirky and humorous but at the same time, very perceptive of the world around me and would rather have long discussions about stuff. I also enjoy helping others and is willing to help out with a problem.

Likes: Besides cosplay, I enjoy, anime, manga, video games, comic books, toku, photography, listening to music (I'm a rock, jazz, and electronic kind of person), bike riding, cats (and other animals, generally), learning about foreign culture, and traveling (although that is on hold due to saving money for cons). I am also recently getting into western cartoons and live action shows again.

Dislikes: I do not enjoy homophobes, racists, and/or immature people. I also do not like extremely judgmental people, especially if you label them opposite to what they actually are. On a more mundane note, I have cynophobia (fear of dogs) from an accident I had with one when I was three years old. I also do not like being touched unexpectedly so please let me know before you suddenly decide to glomp me (unless we are in a relationship).

What I am looking for: Generally speaking, I am always looking for friends. Although I prefer to find friends locally, I don't mind if you want to get to know me but you are from somewhere like Florida, there may be a chance we can meet up for cons. I am not actively looking but I am open to having something more. I am bisexual so I won't discriminate between guys and girls, however I will not do any long distance relationships since its just not my thing.
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #327
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

1. Celia

2. Idaho

3. 20, female, Aries. (ha!) I'm a full-time college student and full-time pre-school teacher with training and certification for special education for young children. I make stuff--art, cosplay pieces, jewelry, headbands, etc. I'm a glossophile who is currently studying Korean, and I'm also teaching myself hip hop dance, guitar, and piano.

4.Likes:
-singing
-hip hop/rap (current addictions include Tyga, Nicki Minaj, Macklemore, and Jinusean)
-BIGBANG
-fashion & shopping
-chai tea
-Big Bang Theory
-bowling
-snapbacks & tattoos (lol)

Dislikes:
-coffee
-negativity
-EDM and most dubstep

5.What you are looking for:
I'm looking for friends to hang out with, either at home or in the Seattle area, since I'm there at least twice a year for cons and baseball. I'm preparing to back out of cosplay for a little while, since I'll be transferring to a university within the next year, but I'm always up for hanging out (if you're local)!
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #328
Unaki

Name: For now call me Unaki. I am a 22 year old male (23 on Jan 28)

Location: Southern Kentucky (No I am not a hick nor do I sound like one) I live somewhat close to Nashville, TN too.

Summary: I have lived in KY all my life and have traveled to several states on vacation trips. I have family in the northern states, in the east and even in the southern states. My family is quite large but that is besides the point. I spend most of my time on my computer and working on side projects including costuming. I am not the best costumer but I have the resources to get something done when I need it. I tend to try and fill up my time with as many conventions as possible and cosplay at each one.

I can easily travel to a lot of non-local conventions and my home convention is MTAC in Nashville during the spring season. Outside of that I regularly attend AWA and even Momocon with many smaller outings in between.

When I am not costuming I am working my way, or at least trying to, into the professional scene in League of Legends or I am playing around with LEGOs or hanging out with my friends. Lately though I have been feeling a bit lonely and would love someone that could be a little closer than my friends could ever be.

I am a loving and caring individual and help those out who need it when I can and don't mind spending a little money on my friends especially if it means I can hang out with them. I don't actually have a job (Medical reasons, nothing contagious, lets not discuss yet) but I am constantly on my feet and can support myself and others without trouble.

Interests: GAMES! Lots of them! No I am not a "Mario gamer" who only likes Mario. I have a Wii U, 360, 3DS, PS Vita, Genesis, NES and emulate a lot of other systems I own titles for. I play games to have fun and recently I have been wanting to expand a little bit. I hope to expand and become known within the gaming communities as a strong League of Legends player and spend a lot of my free time bettering my gameplay so I may one day end up on the season championships stage and possibly have my name engraved on the Summoner's Cup. For those who wish to know, my main champion is Elise.

My current non-gaming interest is LEGOs. Yes I am nearly 23 years old and I play with LEGOs. They really are quite fun to mess with.

ANIME! Of course I love anime. In my opinion Gurren Lagann is one of the best series to ever be conceived and will always have a place in my heart no matter what comes along. I myself am not too big on over-done anime that extends past 100+episodes or spans 1000s of chapters in a manga (Bleach, naruto, etc.) and tend to avoid them though it doesn't mean I wouldn't cosplay a character if it were desired. The only exceptions to this rule at this time are Fullmetal Alchemist (The series is just so...GOOD! The story is very gripping and its hard not to like the characters) and Soul Eater. Black Star is the most overpowered character in the series. Who else can bend plasma beams with their bare hands?

As far as nonstandard stuff like OVAs are concerned my favorites have to be Star Driver, Summer Wars and Redline. Redline of course is quite possibly my most favorite movie in recent years that isn't live action due to it being completely hand drawn and featuring crazy vehicles reminiscent of Wacky Racers. My current project with LEGOs is to build the Crab Sonoshee hoverjet and I am slowly getting started there.

Small side interest that really isn't a big deal: I like MLP. No I am not a "brony" and no I don't go crazy over figures and such. I just think the show is cute and fun.

I have a ton more interests other than what is listed and I don't want to take up a lot of space.

Looking for: New friends, people to hang out with at conventions, etc. Also seeking a relationship with someone who doesn't mind someone who can get a bit more "nerdy" than most. Other than that I am looking for buddies who wouldn't mind trying to do group cosplay (Currently into Sengoku Basara). Maybe even someone who doesn't mind my own group of friends that can get a little...weird in a fun sense.

Note on travel: I can easily make a somewhat distant relationship work. I honestly don't consider anything less than 2 hours long distance as that is merely a chunk of time rather than a long drive. Gas isn't an issue.
Unaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #329
Vaesauce

I have no idea what I'm doing Lol.

Name: Vae

Self Summary: Hmm, where do I even start xD. I'm 23 years old and turning 24 in Summer '14. I'm a photographer. I do
Weddings and Motorsports and it keeps me occupied. I want to take up Cosplay Photography but I just haven't commited to it lol.
At the moment I'm not attending College, however if the situation is right, I will return back to College but at this rate... It looks
like college won't be necessary at the moment.

Anyway! I'm originally from California and I've technically lived there my entire life. I finally moved away from California and to Arizona.
I lived in Arizona for a good year or so and then from there I moved to Maryland. I had a lot of good friends in Arizona, Cosplayers
if you will lol. But the move to Maryland has left me pretty lonely as I've yet to find any friends T-T. Searching though haha.

I suppose I should cut to the chase. I'm pretty outgoing, however I will not go out if there is no one to go out with. I'm a loser like that :>.
I also dance! I play the Guitar, Piano and Violin. <=== Typical Asian huh? T-T. None the less, I'm pretty much a kid at heart. I'm a kid most of time
and a grown up when I have to be one. I'm also really stupid most of the time but smart when I want to be. I've got a great sense of humor... but I think
that's just me being biased haha.

Likes: Blaaahhhh, I don't even know lol. I like a lot of things I guess. Anime, Video games, Mangas, Cosplaying, making music, animals....FROGS <3.
Uhhh. My likes are pretty vague :\ but I don't think I know too much about myself in terms of likes :C

Dislikes: Hmmm, I hate people who think they're above someone else because of their popularity or status. Heights, Spiders, Scropions
Annnnddd chyeah. That's pretty much it.

(I'm a pretty simple person as you can probably tell >.>)

What I am Looking For: To be honest, I'd just be happy to have friends lol. And if you're in Maryland or near the Frederick area... I'm
usually available. We can grab something to munch on or just watch anime or play video games, cosplay, and whatever we feel like doin.

As for relationships, I'm straight but I don't mind having gay friends as I actually have a few of them. On the other side,
Long distance relationships are no biggie for me and I don't mind them. BUT, in terms of a relationship, I'd like one but at the same time...
I wouldn't. Bad experiences I suppose but unless someone can prove to me that I won't be treated like poop then maybe.

^ Tired of being Romeo, I wanna be Juliet lol.
Vaesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #330
EmperorTKetchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetaliacosplay∞ View Post
Name: call me Pocky
General Location: Arizona
Self Summary & Gender:I'm 5'2", i'm Native American girl (FBI), And i started cosplaying this past summer. I'm rather lively and weird(just the way i am). i'm sort of a tomboy and is really up for anything that a usual girly girl wouldn't do.i can be a fan girl at times I can break a bone if i need to and i like to be really random.I'm really fun and tend to stick on the bright side of things. You don't have to hide anything from me because i keep secrets and i generally don't care what your like as long as i like you
Likes: Anime and Manga, I really love pocky and pizza! I love gorey horror movies and i love to cosplay. i like to draw, make cosplays, and play music. I like video games and fat cats >o<. i like to randomly put things on ppl's heads and hug them. oh and i'm really in love with this one Anime/Manga called Kuroshitsuji. i love to cosplay as those ppl. ohh and i ♥♥♥ CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dislikes: i hate liars and smartasses. I don't like soda or watermelon( even though i'm around a family who eats watermelon and drinks soda all the time). I hate it when ppl annoy the crap outta me and and just try to push my buttons. I hate full of themselves and generally just plain Jerky ppl.
What are you looking for: some more cosplay friends or a relationship. I really only care about how you treat me and what your personalities like. And to love me no matter what and to have a cool convo with.
What part of AZ do you live in? I can do with a cosplay partner

Cosplay WIP's
Negi Springfield - 75% completed
Spike (MLP:FIM) - 40% completed

Cosplay-in-plan
Yui Hirasawa - would-be first crossplay
KitsuNegi - Delicious trap...?
EmperorTKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote