Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3960 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #63601
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Yesterday Brando and I went to his aunts house to celebrate his uncles birthday. We also stopped by a Mexican restaurant where a friend was celebrating his birthday as well. On the way to his aunts we stopped by a new Asian grocery store/market that opened up near his work. As we where checking out the young and very pretty Asian girl who was running the register commented that she thought I had cool hair, asked me if it was my natural color, and said it was really pretty.

I felt really good that's for sure.

It's super weird that someone would compliment me like that.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #63602
Headphone Actor
Local KagePro loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Never fear, it's also quite easy in real life.
I thought I just was NATURALLY creepy though.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
Headphone Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #63603
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
ditto.
Or me. I'm Canadian, so Disneyland trips are even more monumentally expensive with having to fly more than halfway down the continent. Obviously I always wanted to go as a kid, but my parents basically didn't take vacations. Even camping (not visiting grandma at the seasonal campground/trailer park, actual legit camping). The only actual vacation I remember taking as a kid as a family was a trip to Niagara Falls/Marineland when I was six. Fortunately I remember a ton of it and had a great time, plus a bunch of souvenirs. We also went to Calgary (especially their zoo) to visit one of my Aunts when I was two and a half, but I don't remember anything of it, I just saw the pictures. I also managed to convince Mom and her boyfriend at the time to take a day trip to the Toronto Zoo in the summer when I was 15, but that wasn't exactly a big vacation (it's three hours on the highway to Toronto, so it was only a one-day trip). We also went to Ottawa to visit a family member a lot for one year and went to a lot of their museums. Also, yes, I love zoo and aquarium trips, if it weren't obvious enough. XD If I both lived AND drove in Toronto I'd get a season pass to theirs.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 01-27-2013 at 12:20 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #63604
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Or me. I'm Canadian, so Disneyland trips are even more monumentally expensive with having to fly more than halfway down the continent. Obviously I always wanted to go as a kid, but my parents basically didn't take vacations. Even camping (not visiting grandma at the seasonal campground/trailer park, actual legit camping). The only actual vacation I remember taking as a kid as a family was a trip to Niagara Falls/Marineland when I was six. Fortunately I remember a ton of it and had a great time, plus a bunch of souvenirs. We also went to Calgary (especially their zoo) to visit one of my Aunts when I was two and a half, but I don't remember anything of it, I just saw the pictures. I also managed to convince Mom and her boyfriend at the time to take a day trip to the Toronto Zoo in the summer when I was 15, but that wasn't exactly a big vacation (it's three hours on the highway to Toronto, so it was only a one-day trip). We also went to Ottawa to visit a family member a lot for one year and went to a lot of their museums. Also, yes, I love zoo and aquarium trips, if it weren't obvious enough. XD If I both lived AND drove in Toronto I'd get a season pass to theirs.
I always wanted to go to Disney when I was younger, too. It was way too expensive for my family which I realize now! We would, however, take trips to Aquariums and zoos as a family, which was actually better and I have a lot of fond memories of it. I'm not really a big amusement park person, rides scare me to death since I'm so neurotic I'm always afraid they'll break down and I'll get hurt.

I love the zoos and aquariums, also. They're probably my favorite vacations to date with my family :>.

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
Medli; Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #63605
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I was born, raised and will always be a nerd, so I always go for educational vacations (aside from cons. Lol) . Since I'll be living in Toronto for college (again. My first time was a waste. FYI, I'm 23) next year I was debating on a season pass to either the Royal Ontario Museum or the Science Centre.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #63606
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Usually our 'vacations' are visiting family too, with some combination of us doing 'educational' things along the way. For example, we drove to see family in Maine, but did it over a couple days (stopping to check out colleges, Salem in MA, a battlefield or two) along the way.

I have been to Disney, though-- with family one time when I was younger, and the second time with the school's band to march in the parade. Lots of fun indeed!

Speaking of aquariums and science centers, I highly recommend the ones in Baltimore! If you guys ever decide to go to Otakon and want something else to check out while you're in the city, those are both great choices (and are close to the con center too!)
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #63607
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

My internet connection keeps dropping off.

You'd have thought that would happen before the snow melted, not after....

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #63608
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Guys I'm really scared. I apparently have an ovarian cyst...before, they thought I had one, but my Mom didnt take me to actually get it checked, but we got it checked...
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #63609
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Guys I'm really scared. I apparently have an ovarian cyst...before, they thought I had one, but my Mom didnt take me to actually get it checked, but we got it checked...
I am so sorry, we're all here for you and care about you very much. If you ever want to talk with me, you can come to me anytime.

Have you had any testing done yet?

The most common ovarian cysts are actually benign and can be removed with surgery if they're on the larger side. 95% of all ovarian cysts are actually not cancerous and can be removed with surgery and have no lasting issues after removal, sometimes surgery doesn't need to happen and the cyst can be treated with other methods depending on the size.

I hope any treatments that are scheduled for you go well and your feeling better sooner rather then later.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #63610
LoliLovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I am so sorry, we're all here for you and care about you very much. If you ever want to talk with me, you can come to me anytime.

Have you had any testing done yet?

The most common ovarian cysts are actually benign and can be removed with surgery if they're on the larger side. 95% of all ovarian cysts are actually not cancerous and can be removed with surgery and have no lasting issues after removal, sometimes surgery doesn't need to happen and the cyst can be treated with other methods depending on the size.

I hope any treatments that are scheduled for you go well and your feeling better sooner rather then later.
We're going to get some more tests done. I just hope I'm not infertile. I mean, Im not gonna have babies now, but in the future I may and most likely will want a few. It should be alright though.
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #63611
OswaldnOrtensia

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I haven't. I read the book. I've read all the books. I keep meaning to get my hands on a copy, and yet I never do. I did see Hogfather and part of The Colour of Magic. Are you a Pratchett fan? If so, what did you think of the adaptation?
Sorry it took so long to reply. As with any adaption there are some changes, but I really enjoyed it despite them and thought they did a really good job with keeping to the spirit of Disc World. I would totally watch it again/cosplay from it :P oh and I absolutely adore Terry Pratchett and have read all of the Disc World series as well.
OswaldnOrtensia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #63612
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

We're here for you Loli, <3

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
Medli; Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #63613
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Your mother is infuriating wtf she should bring you to get things checked when you ask her.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #63614
LoliLovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Your mother is infuriating wtf she should bring you to get things checked when you ask her.
This isnt the first time I havent been taken to get checked for things, but im used to it, so its okay. My parents assume im seeking attention a lot. But the whole reasoning and sad story of why I sometimes do seek attention isnt good to put here. I digress, I believe I should be fine, it just hurts a lot.
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #63615
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
We're going to get some more tests done. I just hope I'm not infertile. I mean, Im not gonna have babies now, but in the future I may and most likely will want a few. It should be alright though.
Since your still so young hopefully this was caught early enough that any major issues the cyst could have caused are minimal. Even if your doctor does recommend surgery, many times the cyst can be removed without damaging the ovaries.

I hope this goes well for you, I cannot imagine how you must be feeling.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○