Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 119 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #286
Arlette
Let it Go

More Warrior!Belle progress! I have big plans to go finish Rumple in a bit while my hubby watches football, but I was working on this last night.

First, here's a horrid picture of me in it before I finished the sleeves and shortened the jerkin thing.

And then here it is with the fininshed sleeves and the scarf, hanging off my dressform. I shortened it because I realized that hers actually doesn't cover her butt, lol.

Wheeeeee! Excited!

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #287
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

@Arlette: Holy crap, woman, that was fast! I envy your sewing skills

Still patiently watching the show, looking for cosplay ideas. May have to wait until season 3. Although, with the mention of a particular baddy, I may not have to...
I enjoy seeing everyone's pics, please keep them coming!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #288
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Arlette, that is looking great. You make such a pretty Belle and your costumes are beautiful. I can't wait to see it all done up and your husband as Rumple with you. That's going to be awesome.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #289
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

@Arlette - It's looking great!

Ahhh, finally some progress on Red. All the material finally cut out in a huge blitz. Now I have to just...well, sew it. Maybe even start sewing this week . Perhaps, I shall start on the cloak..... And wash out that stain on my peasant blouse. No idea how that even got there. Still, I'm excited to finally be starting it.

And on tonight's episode - Gotta love how Regina's got her favourite outfits in her hideaway. She may be in hiding, but she'll never overlook the chance to appear fabulous.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #290
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
@Arlette - It's looking great!

Ahhh, finally some progress on Red. All the material finally cut out in a huge blitz. Now I have to just...well, sew it. Maybe even start sewing this week . Perhaps, I shall start on the cloak..... And wash out that stain on my peasant blouse. No idea how that even got there. Still, I'm excited to finally be starting it.

And on tonight's episode - Gotta love how Regina's got her favourite outfits in her hideaway. She may be in hiding, but she'll never overlook the chance to appear fabulous.
Good luck on your sewing!

But OMG yes, Regina has to always be fabulous. She doesn't know how to be any other way! And it's so in her character to have her clothes displayed like that. Wish I had a room like that...
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #291
siyrean

I love once and am doing a really simple closet cosplay for Emma, but I just wanted to share what I spent this morning working on.

I couldn't think of a way to make the actual stamp likeness, but I think this looks fairly close. I haven't seen pics of how other people did it without buying the actual necklace.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver. Emma Swan OUaT, Queen of Mars Archer
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #292
ashleyin1drland

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyrean View Post
I love once and am doing a really simple closet cosplay for Emma, but I just wanted to share what I spent this morning working on.

I couldn't think of a way to make the actual stamp likeness, but I think this looks fairly close. I haven't seen pics of how other people did it without buying the actual necklace.
That is BEAUTIFUL!! By any chance could you shed some light on how you made it?
ashleyin1drland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #293
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:

This looks awesome! Very much like the original. What did you use to make it? I'd love to make one for my friend who loves Emma, since the actual necklace is so expensive. I understand WHY it's expensive, but unfortunately I don't have that kind of cash to throw around on a gift. You got the details just right, IMO.

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Unread 01-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #294
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Man, I was so ready to have my cloak done by now, but I'm getting behind. I have sitched a single seam. Hopefully I can at least get the fabric and the lining individually sewn together, if not sewn together by tomorrow night. I kinda wanted to start on the skirt this week. Ahhh well. Life.

Quote:

Ooh, that looks really, really good. I second on asking how you did that.

All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Unread 01-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #295
siyrean

Thank you.
I tried it first with marker and didn't like the way it looked, it was too dark? not sure how to describe it. but i was going to try paint next (i got about 10 backs for $4 on ebay) but i was feeling lazy, so I decided to try my liquid eyeliner and the eyeliner can be scraped off so i used a pin to smooth the lines. only down side is because it can be scratched, i'm not sure how durable it'll be for casual wear.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver. Emma Swan OUaT, Queen of Mars Archer
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #296
MedievalGirl

Clear fingernail polish? As long as you are using cosmetics...
It is lovely.
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #297
defectedmodel
Android

Omg, Once Upon a Time fans <3 This make me so happy =D
I've yet to decide who I could cosplay from the show..
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #298
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by defectedmodel View Post
Omg, Once Upon a Time fans <3 This make me so happy =D
I've yet to decide who I could cosplay from the show..
After looking at your gallery, I think you would make an amazing Princess Abigail! (I personally adore her costume from "What Happened to Frederick.")

Unread 01-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #299
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@defectedmodel: I totally agree with Arlette. You could definitely pull off Abigail. You have a very similar face and she does have some really fabulous costumes.
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:55 PM   #300
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Finally, success! Red's cloak is done!

Have some blurry pictures

It's a might heavier than I thought, but once it's on it's not too too bad.