Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #136
bana

Hi guys! I want to cosplay Cas, and was looking at wigs on Arda. Does anyone have any suggestions on what wig and/or colour to get? Thanks.

EDIT: Would "Rocky" work? Someone posted a picture of it, shown here. On the site, it seems as it's too thin too work, but seems like it could possibly work in the customer's photo?

Last edited by bana : 12-27-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: .
bana is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #137
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bana View Post
Hi guys! I want to cosplay Cas, and was looking at wigs on Arda. Does anyone have any suggestions on what wig and/or colour to get? Thanks.

EDIT: Would "Rocky" work? Someone posted a picture of it, shown here. On the site, it seems as it's too thin too work, but seems like it could possibly work in the customer's photo?

Imho, I think Rocky is too short for Cas. It's super layered and the layers are short. It seems that the general consensus is that the Roni from Amphigory is the best bet, though for my Castiel cosplay, I purchased a dark brown boycut short from EpicCosplay I intend to dye a little darker with sharpies.

However, if you're set on an Arda wig, I suggest the Jett or Hansel with some trimming and styling. Or some trimming and styling on a Five Wits short black wig.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #138
bana

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
Imho, I think Rocky is too short for Cas. It's super layered and the layers are short. It seems that the general consensus is that the Roni from Amphigory is the best bet, though for my Castiel cosplay, I purchased a dark brown boycut short from EpicCosplay I intend to dye a little darker with sharpies.

However, if you're set on an Arda wig, I suggest the Jett or Hansel with some trimming and styling. Or some trimming and styling on a Five Wits short black wig.
Thanks for your opinion! I may go on doing Sam now, I'm not so sure between the two. Any ideas on what wig/colour from Arda would be good for him? I'm aiming around season 4-5 if that helps. I was looking at Hansel in spanish brown or dark brown, but I'm not too sure again. I like to make sure.
Thanks!

Last edited by bana : 01-27-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: .
bana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #139
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bana View Post
Thanks for your opinion! I may go on doing Sam now, I'm not so sure between the two. Any ideas on what wig/colour from Arda would be good for him? I'm aiming around season 4-5 if that helps. I was looking at Hansel in spanish brown or dark brown, but I'm not too sure again. I like to make sure.
Thanks!
I've actually asked this question and gotten a lovely answer, and I've ordered the wig but I sent it home rather than to university because I didn't need it quite yet, so I can't help you with what it looks like. Yazoo_the_Kazoo recommends the Lulu from Arda in Spanish Brown. I have Lulus in different colors and it's actually a great wig that only needs a bit of styling. If you part it down the center, it doesn't show 'like woah here's the net!' so it's quite nice.

But if you feel that the wig would be too long for you and you don't want to cut it, since you're aiming for 4-5 Sam, the hansel or the derek are really nice wigs that you can comb and get to lie flatter, and the layers would already be there. Be sure to look at as many customer photos as you can to see what people have done with theirs and what length and style you like the most.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #140
bana

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
I've actually asked this question and gotten a lovely answer, and I've ordered the wig but I sent it home rather than to university because I didn't need it quite yet, so I can't help you with what it looks like. Yazoo_the_Kazoo recommends the Lulu from Arda in Spanish Brown. I have Lulus in different colors and it's actually a great wig that only needs a bit of styling. If you part it down the center, it doesn't show 'like woah here's the net!' so it's quite nice.

But if you feel that the wig would be too long for you and you don't want to cut it, since you're aiming for 4-5 Sam, the hansel or the derek are really nice wigs that you can comb and get to lie flatter, and the layers would already be there. Be sure to look at as many customer photos as you can to see what people have done with theirs and what length and style you like the most.
Oh I see, thank you! I'll have to figure out on a wig then, hmmm.
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #141
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

Anyone planning on going to the Supernatural convention in Dallas? It's in September. I'll be Gabriel with 6 giant wings.

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
soraKHdemyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #142
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Hey, guys, long time no see! Tumblr has sucked me into their grip, alas... XD

Anways, a few new cosplays for you guys, so sorry, very photo heavy post.

First off, finished Coach!Dean:

Added 2014!Cas to my Castiel rep:

As well as Meta!Misha:

And Leviathan!Cas, which I wore for karaoke at the Supernatural con in Chicago, but sadly only a few pictures exist of. It was a killer makeup job, I swear:

I have a Garth cosplay now too:

And Jo Harvelle is in the works:

Also planning to work on Dean's LARP outfit from LARP and the IT Girl (wig, face paint and all), possibly to make some wings for Cas, and maybe pull together Anna Milton... I've kind of gotten into the SPN cosplay in a big way, you could say. ^^;

And it's been over a year! Usually I move on by now!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Abaddon, The Doctor, Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish, Darth Revan and The Mighty Monarch
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #143
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

[actually cries over yazoo's amazingness]

Your Coach Dean is perfect. You look incredible.

I especially love your Meta!Misha. Where did you find that sweater!? I NEEEED ITTTT.

Unread 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #144
Mango pancakes

I am starting to work on A dean cosplay, I just need to figure out witch wig (arda) I want to use. I was thinking about a Jett in Spanish brown
Mango pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #145
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

Anyone going to A-Kon is their SPN cosplays? And seriously Kazoo, your cosplays are AMAZING. I am in awe.

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
soraKHdemyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #146
Aciano
Light and Shadow

So I've been thinking of doing a Kevin cosplay from season 7 LOL. Mainly because I can't pull off the really short hair look that he has in 8 :X But ended up coming out with this out of boredom.

Chess!China - APH
Fem!Bilbo Baggins - The Hobbit
Kinomoto Sakura - CCS
Yazawa Nico - Love Live
Shiro - NGNL
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Nishinoya Yuu - Haikyuu
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Mitsumine Mashiro - Mikakunin de Shinkokei
Aciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #147
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciano View Post
So I've been thinking of doing a Kevin cosplay from season 7 LOL. Mainly because I can't pull off the really short hair look that he has in 8 :X But ended up coming out with this out of boredom....
Omg, I recognize you from tumblr. You are too precious. What a great Kevin! We need more Kevins! /spreads kevin love

Unread 03-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #148
ChatNoir
Lubim Ta

So my friend and I decided just today that we're going to do fem! Sam and Dean cosplays for Tekkoshocon, which is in less than two weeks. XD This was not in the original game plan, but we wanted to do matching/group outfits and her Doctor Who one isn't going to be done on time.

We're not going for super!fem but just like...if they were still badass hunters, just women.
I'm being Sam, and I have a blue and white plaid shirt but I'm still looking for a jacket. Then I'm going to wear jeans and boots, plus the anti possession tattoo and ruby's knife. To fem it up a bit I was going to do some neutral-ish makeup (browns and greens) and maybe get boots that have a bit of a heel on them. Luckily, I already have season 8 Sammy hair so I won't need a wig.
My friend who's being Dean is deciding between a black jacket and a plaid one, I don't know other details except that she's going to do red nails I think.

Basically, any suggestions for us, especially throwing these together so last minute? ^^;

Rose Tyler - Doctor Who
River Song - Doctor Who
Kaylee Frye - Firefly
Fem!Sam - Supernatural
Sam Winchester - Supernatural
Fem!Sherlock - BBC Sherlock
Fem!Newt Geiszler - Pacific Rim
ChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #149
Meredith

I'm planning on doing a shoot with my (very tall) friend as Sam/Lucifer and myself as Adam/Michael over at a graveyard behind my house (it's an empty lot and we're going to be respectful, no worries)

I'm trying to figure out the contouring though. I know my face is already pretty similar to Adam's (YAY) but I can't tell what I should shade/highlight. Can I get some suggestions? I know my bangs are a bit too long and my eyebrows need to be done- any other suggestions?

My face:
http://imgur.com/2EL0oxV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250px-Adamnewcap.jpg (12.0 KB, 0 views)
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #150
Meredith

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraKHdemyx View Post
Anyone going to A-Kon is their SPN cosplays? And seriously Kazoo, your cosplays are AMAZING. I am in awe.
I'll prob be walking around totally unrecognized as Adam Milligan... I'm deciding if I should have some sort of sign on my back or something about "you all forgot about me" or the infamous "still in the Cage" or something so I don't get confused with Dean...

I'm not buying a badge though, so I won't be able to do much- I'd love to hang out and do a shoot with someone or at least meet other fans from Dallas as I just got into the fandom a month ago and don't know anyone in my area I can fangirl with.
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote