Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-02-2004, 01:08 AM   #31
sharasun
Desert Chikin

Good ideas, I look forward to seeing your finished costume. I should have my pics up Friday afternoon or evening, I'll post here when I do (I hope they turned out well!)

Unread 09-02-2004, 01:09 PM   #32
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

very nice I look foward to seeing them when you get them up, also I decided to throw one last thing into the mix, I found the right kind of shoes, they were at claires, I think they were a type of sno boot imitation thing but who knows, they looked exactly like Ravens, only I have to wait for them to get a darker color in.....
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2004, 01:05 PM   #33
katabulous
Palace of Justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorKnight
Raven is not an anime character. She is a character created by DC and the idiots at CN decided to be cool and pretend it's an anime.
Just a note to everyone... this is a little off the topic.
Cartoon Network never claimed Teen Titans was an anime.
Teen titans is one of a couple "anime inspired" cartoons you'll find in america. (see also; Xiaolin Showdown) I've discussed this with a friend; and I believe the creator of the cartoon is either Japanese or Japanese American, and either way a HUGE fan of Anime. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Anime purists annoy the hell out of me.
katabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2004, 10:33 PM   #34
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

I was watching Teen Titans "x" tonight and I noticed a difference with Raven's outfit, her communator was black insted of red, Im guessing thats because the Titans were all together but for the costume profectionists like me, its the small details that get you, so to myself and anybody else, the communactor brooch can be either, gold rim with a black center, or gold rimmed with a red center.

addon: I also thought of somthing probably so simple I didnt think of it but, what would one do for Raven's Chakura, im thinking standard face paint, but more realistic would be nice.....

Last edited by Ami : 09-05-2004 at 11:29 PM.
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2005, 02:18 PM   #35
RAVEN_FAN

well y dont u go as ami?
RAVEN_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #36
Mpulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharasun
spray paint and styrofoam don't play well together. the spray paint will deteriorate the styrofoam ball until it's just a mishapen lump.

The Krylon Fusion spray paint is supposed to work well with things like Styrofoam, might try that if they have the color you want!!

M
Mpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #37
shinespirit
shinespirit

This may be late, but I found this picture of Raven's belt that someone did. I'm looking for ways to make one too, so it caught my eye. She made the jewel pieces out of wooden discs (found at craft stores with woodworking materials or online) that she painted gold and glued on jewels she had made herself out of cast resin and connected the pieces to a gold ring belt with metal loops screwed into the side of the wood.

Personally, I found cast resin to be expensive, unless you are going to be making lots of your own jewels in the future, because you have to buy the resin, resin dye, components to make a mold, and mold release spray; which can total upwards of $50. I'm planning on just buying flat back craft jewels either from eBay or allstarco.com, because the craft stores in my area don't carry any that are big enough (I'm going to use 50mm.)

For the jewels on Raven's gloves, I would just take very short screws and some tiny washers (to keep the screws from being torn out of the glove) and screw the pieces on from the underside. As for the jewel over her chakra, I'm personally just going to paint it on with acrylic paint so I don't have to worry about it falling off. But if you aren't very arty or want to be a little more true to the show, you can get a red marquise flat back jewel and adhere it with spirit gum. Halloween and theater stores should carry it, or you can buy it on amazon.com. Hope this helped!
shinespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:14 AM   #38
squeakum

I cosplayed as Raven last year and this is how I did the whole costume.
Leotard: Bought on Amazon its a capizo turtle neck long sleeve leotard
Gloves: regular gloves i de-fingered the gems for the belt are the same as the ones on the gloves only this time i put wire throught the clay with loops at each end of the wire to i can sew the gem to the gloves (ran out of time to sew the cuffs on)
Cape: Was a pattern I had I think it was Mccall, i want to redo it so i can line it and add a peek to it
Belt and gems: i did it by getting a gold chain which you can find at craft stores or even a gold belt at walmart, then i a big glass gem from Michaels arts store and made a mold of the top part (i did a couple molds so i could cast more than one gem at a time). I used a silicon putty castn' craft from Michaels and clear resin mix by castn' craft and resin dye also from Michaels. once all my gems were made I mounted them on gold clay to and to the belt. Put a clasp at one end of the belt so it can be adjusted.
Cloak pin: I bought a set of sofa movers i believe to be 3inches painted the whole thing red then painted a black raven on it (a small detail that is greatly over looked) covered the border in gold clay and glued a pin the the back...make sure its a strong pin.
Boots: Bought white boots on ebay and painted them white but they chipped so i am redoing them.
Forehead gem: I made of clay then molded and casted
wig: i bought on Ebay. (also i was told i was one of the best ravens at the con)
I know you only asked for the belt but i thought this might be helpful sorry if it too late to be useful
squeakum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #39
DarkKiska

Raven's Belt

I am making one this weekend.
Would you like me to share the results?
It is June 19th 2014
DarkKiska is offline   Reply With Quote