Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
rair
Rair

Pacific Mall (Toronto)-Contact Lenses

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for advice on buying contact lenses from Pacific Mall; Toronto (Ontario, Canada). Mostly I'm wondering if anyone has bought the coloured contacts from any of the stores in the mall and if so which stores and have the contacts been good or bad (please elaborate on both). I've heard some sketchy things about generic products in the mall and wondered if this extended to contact lenses.

I had laser eye surgery two years ago so I don't need prescription lenses, but just want blue and green lenses for a few cosplays (I have hazel eyes).

Any help and advice would be great. Thanks everyone.

(I searched the forum for Pacific mall, but didn't find any info, so if there's a thread I missed please send me that way)
rair is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
RainbowScars

I've heard sketchy things from there...
My friend bought some contacts, from one of the stores, and she was fine, but only used them once.

I'm getting contacts from http://www.pinkyparadise.com/default.asp

If not, I would honestly go too Walmart.
Their colored contacts are actually pretty good.
RainbowScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Aki_90
Aki

My friend wears contact lenses from Pacific mall all the time. I can't remember which store they were from off the top of my head, except I think it was on the same hallway as Sunny LTD, and was an accessory store. I bought some from the same place as well and wore them once (they dried out in the solution; entirely my fault).
They felt slightly thicker than my regular contacts, but not uncomfortable. I purchased green and violet lenses and the color was pretty good, definitely better than the freshlook lenses from my eye doctor that I bought later.
So, I had a good experience, along with my friend. However, this was around two years ago; the quality may have changed. I will try to ask my friend for the name of the store, she would probably remember.
Aki_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
rair
Rair

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowScars View Post
I've heard sketchy things from there...
My friend bought some contacts, from one of the stores, and she was fine, but only used them once.

I'm getting contacts from http://www.pinkyparadise.com/default.asp

If not, I would honestly go too Walmart.
Their colored contacts are actually pretty good.
I've looked into buying online, but I'd much prefer to get them in person. I never knew Walmart sold contacts, I'll have to check that out. Any idea how much they cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki_90 View Post
My friend wears contact lenses from Pacific mall all the time. I can't remember which store they were from off the top of my head, except I think it was on the same hallway as Sunny LTD, and was an accessory store. I bought some from the same place as well and wore them once (they dried out in the solution; entirely my fault).
They felt slightly thicker than my regular contacts, but not uncomfortable. I purchased green and violet lenses and the color was pretty good, definitely better than the freshlook lenses from my eye doctor that I bought later.
So, I had a good experience, along with my friend. However, this was around two years ago; the quality may have changed. I will try to ask my friend for the name of the store, she would probably remember.
If you could get the store name that'd be great I don't suppose you remember the price since it was two years ago?

Thanks for the replies
rair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Aki_90
Aki

My friend's contacts cost about $27 for a pair. Unfortunately she can't remember the name of the store, but apparently it is close to the bubble tea place called happy tea house (I think she remembers it by it's appearance). She says that it mostly sells contacts, but with some trinkets as well. Not really helpful, considering how many stores sell contact lenses there but that's what I know.
Aki_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I remember seeing EOS contact at one store but most of them carry a brand call Barbie eyes (B.Eyes).

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
emm_gee

i heard they're sketchy and usually knockoffs
i feel much better buying them from a reliable online shop that has a good reputation, it is your eyes we're talking about here. i got mine from honeycolor, but pinkyparadise is very popular too
if you really want to buy them in person, try a costume store. there's loads of good ones in toronto! my favorite is candy's costume shop, but theatrix and malabar have very good reputations too. their contacts are a little pricier
i would try looking up reviews of the pmall's contacts, see what others have to say. i'm sure there's some shops that sell legit circle lenses
emm_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

I get my contacts from pmall but I get a brand and I look for the labels to make sure they are not knock offs. GEO is the brand I go for. There are signed you can look to see its not a fake.

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote