Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #226
Rah

I'm looking for someone to make a Lancer cosplay from Fate/stay zero. I live in Ohio and would like this either by Halloween. If that's not possible then December 20th.

e-mail: metal_gears@hotmail.com

Thanks
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #227
MetalGearDANTE

Cosplay Commission

Greetings!!

I would like to inquire about possibly having a cosplay made for me.

The character is Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 4.

Here are various pictures:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nja_Raiden.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3427/...986c46de_o.jpg

http://www.playzine.fr/images/jeux/mgs4/news/raiden.jpg

A price would be much appreciated!

Best regards!

-Danny
MetalGearDANTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #228
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

^^Both posted above me. Just some info here, this is a thread for people to list that are DOING commissions not wanting them. Look at the marketplace and look under commissioners for hire. PM some of those pweople as they will more then likely never see your posts here.

And since you both are new please do not post an ad there either. Just look at a thread for a commissioner that looks good and reply to that thread or PM them
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #229
MomoTarts

Hello! Do you think you can make a Malon costume from the Legend of Zelda? & If so, how much will you charge?
MomoTarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #230
MomoTarts

Hello! Do you think you can make a Malon costume from the Legend of Zelda? & If so, how much will you charge?
MomoTarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #231
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoTarts View Post
Your going to want the marketplace. Not this thread. This thread is for people to say "hey I am a commissioner" you need to message someone specifically
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #232
Cyanna
Yarrrrn Pirate

I've had a thread up but it can't hurt to post here too.

I've recently opened myself up for knitting commissions. My specialty is sweaters.

The nitty gritty details are all in my thread. I know it's a big wall of text. I just like to lay all my cards on the table upfront so that everyone knows what to expect.

I currently don't have a big cosplay related portfolio but my DeviantArt showcases many of the necessary skills to complete your cosplay, including cablework, a variety of colorwork, and that I can put together a sweater. I hope to have more pieces as time goes on. Just because I don't have it doesn't mean I can't make it. It only means the opportunity hasn't presented itself.

I also have a special running right now in exchange for the opportunity to add to my portfolio. If you approach me with a piece I've never made before, and are willing to pay for supplies and shipping, then labor is free. Although it depends entirely on your fiber choice, in most cases this won't exceed $50. But I won't be offering this for very long.

I just finished my first job and it was a total blast.

Next conventions: Otakon, Anime Weekend Atlanta
Currently working on (commission): "Companion Cube" [custom] Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls)
Currently working on (personal): Fem!Pacha (The Emperor's New Groove), Spidermom ver. 3 (Homestuck)
Cyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #233
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

I also have a thread open in the marketplace, but figured I best drop it here too. I spend a lot of time this winter learning (to the point that i quit WoW!) and now that I have a reasonable handle on what I'm doing, I'm going prop-crazy. I currently have 2 clubs, a staff, a spear, an FF7:CC Shuriken and 2 swords on my bench and each is moving along pretty quickly compared to my learning pieces. Doing this for myself has been a ton of fun--frustrating at times, but a blast.

I work with semi-professional materials--sintra, apoxie sculpt, wood, silicone molds, urethane resin, fiberglass. My parents are both union contract painters and drywall finishers--being picky and good finish work is in my blood, cuz I swear that's where my eye for details comes from.. I'm looking to expand my portfolio beyond Sword Art Online and Final Fantasy XI, so anything goes! Any new experiences welcome!

You can find my full info, including contact and policies, here, or the facebook page in my sig,

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Bard and Dragoon
KOTSProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #234
Turtle528

Turtle528 Commissions - From Petite to Plus Size Costumes, Clothing and Accessories

Though Iíve been a member of Cosplay.com for almost two years, it wasnít until a short while ago when a potential client suggested that I advertise on the Commissions For Hire forum that I began to think about it. I took that advice to heart. So here goes.

Years of Experience:

12+ years -
10+ local, 2 yrs online

Costuming and Apparel (From Petite to Plus Size):

Bunny suits
Cocktail dresses
Party dresses
Suits (jacket, pants, skirt, shirt, tie)
Bustier
Corsets
Overcoats
Scarves
T-shirts
Shoes
Boots
Boot Covers
Belts
SMT/Persona outfits
Homestuck-type hoods and horns
Leotards
Cloaks
Hats
Final Fantasy Costumes
Power Rangers Costume
Sailor Moon Costumes
Assassins Creed
Medaka Box
K Project

Props:

Wings (large and small)
Weapons
Plushies
Holster
Badges
Artist Portfolio

Materials:

Leather and Pleather
Satin
Stretch Satin
Spandex
Toile
Tulle
Wedding Satin
Cotton: Broadcloth
Jersey
Twill
Tweed
Denim
Taffeta
Organza
Lace
Silk
Dupioni Silk

Skillset:

Sewing
Stitching
  • Hand and Machine
Custom Painting
Hand Embroidery
Applique
Pattern-making
Drafting
Draping
Cutting
Measurement taking and fitting:
  • Local and Remote
Pleating: simple and complicated

Priorities:

Accuracy, Construction, Fit

Payment in at least 2 stages: downpayment and upon completion

Timeline: 8-10 week min, rush orders accepted if needed sooner

Portfolio:
http://turtle528.wordpress.com

Contact Me: Via PM
Turtle528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #235
.Kairi.Yuna.
GET UR PINK ON! >:(

Hi! My name is Kikiyori. I've been cosplaying for 6 years now, I'm an average seamstress that can make things from scratch. I'm most known for doing Final Fantasy cosplays.

I'm a made to your liking commissioner. You pick what you wanna look like, what materials you'd like and if you have an idol, I will try to recreate the outfit your idol wore.

You can find my cosplays on Facebook. Here a few examples:

Vinyl Scratch: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...26903308_n.jpg

Rikku: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...07073763_n.jpg

Serah: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...17874201_o.jpg

(I've also made the Noel cosplay.)

Yuna: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...34170690_n.jpg

Kairi: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n..._3453321_n.jpg

I can do small props depending on what, and my commissions usually aren't any more than $120. I will let you know what i can do and what i can't. I can redirect you to some friends who are also commissioners.

I like to do full cosplay commissions. Including wigs, contacts and shoes etc. (Costume max is 120. These are extra items.)

Payment: In 2 steps, Usually half then the next half.

I love accuracy, making sure its comfortable, and makeing sure it fits. I will redo anything if its not to your likeing, and I will try to keep you as a client, happy. Because if you're happy in the outfit, I'll be happy you liked it.

I'm very good at communication. I like to make sure everyone's on the same page.

Materials: As for materials, I will ask how you'd like it, and what you'd like.

UPCOMMING CONS: Anime Midwest, Soycon, Daisho con.
Upcomming Cosplays: TBA

Like my cosplays? Help me out by sending me a small donation.

. .: Donations :. .
.Kairi.Yuna. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #236
tsukeru

I am now open for cosplay commissions! I do not do props nor wigs, but I do sew. I have been sewing since 2006. I had an etsy shop since 2010 (with a 100% feedback).

To find out more about my services:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...79#post4733979
tsukeru is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #237
Sassy Stitches

Hello, and thank you for viewing my commissions page! My name is Caitlin, also known as Adaria. I have been sewing for over ten years and I am professionally trained as a costume designer and costume craftswoman from High Point University. I graduated in December 2012 with my degree in Technical Theatre and since then have run my own business, Adaria Designs, through Etsy starting in early May. Prior to, I designed costumes for our local theatre companies! I am very proud of my work and always looking forward to new challenges proposed to me by my wonderful clients.

You can also find my work as posted on tumblr. I am the SassyxStitcher. The images I post on tumblr are often only of my completed costumes, with very little information on the costume itself. Though I am always happy to answer any questions about my construction process and assist new cosplayers in any way I can! If you want to see in-progress photos of costumes I have worked on in the past, or follow me while I work on yours, I have a more casual Facebook! Finally, you can also view my costume and makeup portfolio or costume design portfolio!

Now, onto information about my work itself...

What To Include When Contacting Me For A Quote

Know that I will most likely not be able to give a quote on the initial email, as I ask questions (see below) to get an accurate read on just how long it is going to take me to complete your commission.
  • Due Date; I want to know when you need this costume by. Please be aware that while I request at least a six-week advance notice, I do NOT take rush orders and, most likely, my schedule is booked. It is best to make the request WELL IN ADVANCE of your convention, party, photoshoot. I have lost more customers because they're making requests for Halloween costumes five weeks before they need the costume by, and I already have others lined up with payments in hand and committed due dates.
  • Budget; What are you willing to spend on this costume? Be realistic with yourself, and consider your financial situation. I will do all I can to make you the costume of your dreams, but please realize this is not a cheap hobby and if you want it done cheaply, I am sadly not the commissioner for you. I cannot make an Anastasia Ballgown for $300 with the way materials cost and the time it takes me to build the perfect pattern to your measurements and then build the final costume. I am fast, but I cannot beat the clock.
  • The Character/Costume/Wig; Please tell me the name of the character and what they are from. I need this information for my personal records, whether we go forward with a contract of business or not. I also need this in case I want to look up more images of the character and do research beyond that which you send me--which is always.
  • Character Variation; While your pictures will help me understand what you're looking for, there are in some characters minute details that come with different variations! If you want to be Rogue from X-Men, please do your research and inform me of which version/timeline/universe/publication year you would like. "I would like a Rogue from X-Men" will result in my asking, "which Rogue?"
  • Images; Always send images. The more photos you have of the character from any and all angles possible, the better I can serve you. The chances are, despite my vast knowledge of anime, manga, and video games, I don't know who you're requesting, so I can't say, "oh well I know she has a cross on the back of her shirt, it just hides underneath her hair." You need to tell me, or show me in photos, if that is a part of the costume you want. If I don't see it, it doesn't get made.
  • What You Want/Need Made; You want to be Sailor Moon? Oh, but you only want her shiny Super Sailor Moon wings? Check. You want to be Miku, but you only need her shirt? Got it. You want a costume of Lilith and need everything from vest to chaps and the pants underneath? Can do. Tell me what you need!
  • Additional Information; Anything you find important that I need to know. I think some things to keep in mind, but are not necessary, are your size, if you're crossplaying/gender, any kind of disability or situation you are in which would require an alteration of the costume, etc.

What To Expect When Emailing Me
I like to get all of the details up front, before I begin working, and so when you send me a request, I will reply as quickly as I can with a list of questions that come to mind while I do a bit of research on the costume. It is likely you will get "a book" in response, as I am very thorough, so please keep this in mind when you're contacting me. I am not a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants commissioner. I want to know every detail, every stitch you want me to put into your costume. It is yours and I am merely the hand crafting it. Now, I realize not everyone knows or understands the process of sewing and creating clothing, which is also why I ask so many questions. We don't always think about the construction process, especially if we do not know where to begin or what that entails. I will work out with you everything down to how you will get into the costume, if it's complicated. At the time of writing this, I am in contract with a client looking for a ballgown, which will consist of a corset, crinoline, and the dress itself which will come in two parts. We have discussed how she'll dress underneath, how she'll put the costume on, and how she will move in it--and she doesn't even have the costume yet.

I want you, my client, to know exactly what is happening as if you were making this for yourself. I wouldn't have it any other way, either.

Payment
The following information is a basic layout of how I go about quoting and pricing commissions:
  • I currently charge between $12/hr and $15/hr. Labor hours are estimated and includes travel and shopping for materials, and the build of the costume. The cost per hour itself depends on the difficulty of the costume.
  • I request a $50 non-refundable scheduling fee, which holds your place on my schedule. This $50 will go toward my labor (about 4 hours worth, which covers my time in research and shopping), but will not be returned to you should you have to cancel. (It is unfortunate I have to ask for a holding fee, and say these things, but I have been canceled on and as such have had to take measures not to lose money.)
  • You are responsible for the payment of all materials; fabric, thread, etc. If, for example, I make an estimate of needing $100 in materials, and only spend $80, the remaining $20 will be put toward my labor, and you will have to pay less in the end!
  • You are responsible for the payment of shipping and handling. Normally, this cost is about $20, depending on where in the USA you live. If you live outside of the USA, that will obviously reflect in the cost of shipping. The estimated $20 also covers the box, which I have to purchase on the day of shipping, as I do not have boxes on hand. It also covers shipping insurance, for if in case the post office loses the package in the mail, we will be refunded.
  • There is a 2.9% transaction fee that Paypal charges to be used, which I also require my clients to pay. When I send an invoice to request money, it will include whatever that percentage is.
  • Finally, I require the payment for materials quoted plus half of my labor estimation to be paid up front. If I estimate $100 in materials and 20 hours in labor, I will request $227 (includes transaction fee). Likewise with the non-refundable fee, this is largely required now due to my having lost money in the past on canceled sales midway in production. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Your $50 holding fee will come out of your final payment, so rather than say paying for a full 10 hours, you would only pay six! Know that I am a flexible person, and if you request a costume that is going to take 100 hours, and cannot pay for 50 hours up front (because that is a lot!) I fully understand and I am happy to work out something else with you that is in your price range.

The following are images of some of my recent cosplay work. You can see more at my above tumblr or Facebook, as well as at my theatrical portfolio.

Loki (The Avengers), Mistress 9 (Sailor Moon S), Colette duBois (Malafaux)

"Hello Kitty is my mascot. All of my friend's know it's me from the other side of campus or the, especially on a rainy day! I'll be in my rain boots with my umbrella, purse, and sweater."

Planned Cosplay; Haruka Tenoh (Art Book) "Sailor Moon" | Sailor Uranus (Fuku) "Sailor Moon" | Susukihotaru (Kimono) "Otome Yokai Zakuro"
Sassy Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #238
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

Hello, I am a fellow cosplayer and commissioner looking to make your next cosplay AMAZING!
The costumes, props and other items that that I make are well constructed and are fit to your needs and measurements. It is my goal to be to provide as much information that I can so you feel confident and comfortable with my work as I know how important it is for your costume to look accurate and amazing!
Commissions, Props, Wigs and other cosplay items i've worked on can be seen here;
http://ayaseshin-cosplay-comissions.tumblr.com/
My website is http://AyaseShinCosplay(weebly.com)
My pricing is depending on each project breaking it down with fabric cost, material cost, and production cost.
Shipping is calculated as an addition to all quotes unless specified in individual qoute. (State, Zip)
International is offered with applied rates*
BOOK NOW for Christmas!
(Only between November 15 - December 31 shipping)
FREE SHIPPING
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commissions are based on a measurements provided by customer and are made to order, this includes costumes, props, accessories and wigs. Below are some prices for production and estimated turn around times.
Payment plans are an option on any commission requested through me. Please Note me if you have any questions or requests.

COSTUMES:
Minimum production price - $100
Takes usually 2-4 weeks depending on complexity of design, size and details.

PROPS:
Minimum production price - $75
Materials used are expanding foam, wood, plasticard, plastic styrene, acrylic and craft foam.
Turn around: 3+ weeks, 1 week for smaller requests.

WIGS:
Minimum production price - $20
Wigs are supplied from Arda Wigs and styled to buyers needs.
Turn around: 1-2 weeks

SHOES/BOOT COVERS:
Minimum production price - $35

Please PM me if you are interested in a custom made costume, prop, or wig commission.

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/

Last edited by Ayase Shin : 09-16-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #239
NaruParu

I style wigs, sew cosplay, make accessories.
I can do props no matter what size.
Pictures of the cosplay I have made will be on my profile ^^
NaruParu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #240
Haruchii
the journeyman

I've already posted in the Marketplace, but I'll post here too.

I'm Haruchii, been cosplaying for around 5 years and sewing for over 10. This past year I worked with a professional costumer (http://susandicks.com/, absolutely fabulous lady to work with and every customer's dream). Some of the work we did can be seen in the second season of the TV show 'Copper'.

I can do sewing-only projects, as I have never touched props or armour and do not like to disappoint. I am a stickler for costume accuracy, and I will communicate and work with you until you are 100% satisfied.

Finally, my rates are quite low, because:
a) I am just starting commissions
b) I sew because I love to, not to get paid.

If you want something commissioned, please contact me via PM or at priskarebelo@hotmail.com with the following information:
Character Name and Series/Film
Reference Pictures
Due Date
Your Budget
Special info/requests

Monokuma (Dangan Ronpa) - 0%
Sae (AKB0048) - 30%
Kanata (AKB0048) - 0%

~Completd Cosplays~
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - Miki (Shugo Chara) - North Italy (APH) - America (APH) - Erik Lensherr (X-Men:First Class) - Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon) - Merlin (Merlin) - Loki (The Avengers (2012)) - Butterfree (Pokemon)

https://www.facebook.com/CosplayByHaruchii
Haruchii is offline   Reply With Quote