Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 349 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 12-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #7861
Dadderface
unusually hip-hop

I have a theory that when I don't check the MGS cosplay thread that nobody else is.

Unread 12-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #7862
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

Don't worry Dadder, I check it daily, lol.

Speaking of MGS cosplay, I'll be taking it easy at Anime LA from Jan 4-6th with Tuxedo Solid Snake. I've worn standard Snake to two cons already, so this will be a nice change-up. Probably gonna bring my Stinger along with the Socom. I wore Revengeance Raiden to PMX in November, so it's time to show some love to Snake.
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #7863
KeronSHB

Oh wow it's been awhile since I've checked up here. There are some great pictures that have been added!
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #7864
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadderface View Post
I have a theory that when I don't check the MGS cosplay thread that nobody else is.
Actually I've been checking it pretty frequently... It's just that no one's been posting! D:

I forgot to tell you all how Halloween went (If you even want to know, haha).

Despite my lack of certain things (makeup, ammo packs, proper wig, contacts), people still recognized me for the most part. A couple of guys even asked for pictures! And a random Deadpool asked to fight me... XD

A couple of downsides were that my boots were a size too big (I sent a friend to get them and he got me the wrong size on accident), and for some reason my harness kept slipping down from the weight of the metal hardware. I'm not sure why it didn't do that earlier at home. Maybe when the packs are on the belt it'll stop.

Unfortunately, I did bring a camera, but forgot to take pictures... ^^; One of these days I'll put it back on and take some. Maybe after I've fixed up the packs and stuff.

I also realize I really should get contacts... Glasses over an eyepatch look absolutely ridiculous. Or maybe I should roll with it and buy a lab coat for a Scientist disguise.
Umbra.Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #7865
color
Phantom Detective

I'm working on a Gray Fox suit at the moment. Helmet turned out great. Pretty stoked.
Unread 01-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #7866
Toy_Snake
Metal Gear Fanatic

I'm going to be attempting Crying Beauty for a con in the summer. My first cosplay and i'm determined to make that suit perfectly..i'm a masochist. ;.;
Toy_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #7867
KeronSHB

I've been trying to update my Snake, but I can't find any tailors/commissioners around my area. I'm pretty sure what I want done is really simple.
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #7868
starnes82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbra.Exe View Post
Actually I've been checking it pretty frequently... It's just that no one's been posting! D:

I forgot to tell you all how Halloween went (If you even want to know, haha).

Despite my lack of certain things (makeup, ammo packs, proper wig, contacts), people still recognized me for the most part. A couple of guys even asked for pictures! And a random Deadpool asked to fight me... XD

A couple of downsides were that my boots were a size too big (I sent a friend to get them and he got me the wrong size on accident), and for some reason my harness kept slipping down from the weight of the metal hardware. I'm not sure why it didn't do that earlier at home. Maybe when the packs are on the belt it'll stop.

Unfortunately, I did bring a camera, but forgot to take pictures... ^^; One of these days I'll put it back on and take some. Maybe after I've fixed up the packs and stuff.

I also realize I really should get contacts... Glasses over an eyepatch look absolutely ridiculous. Or maybe I should roll with it and buy a lab coat for a Scientist disguise.
i did big boss for halloween also but nobody knew who i was. everyone kept asking me if i was trying to dress up as a SEAL.
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #7869
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnes82 View Post
i did big boss for halloween also but nobody knew who i was. everyone kept asking me if i was trying to dress up as a SEAL.
Aww, man, I've had that happen to me when I went as Solid Snake one year. People guessed everything from a pro wrestler to a Ninja Turtle... My eight-year-old neighbor was probably the only one to guess right.

As Big Boss, I only got three wrong guesses; one from my Japanese teacher, one from my Animation teacher, and one from some giggly group of girls walking nearby me.

My Japanese teacher guessed Rambo, and my Animation teacher guessed a G.I. Joe. Those I think were kind of close. But the girls?

..."Oh look, it's a pirate!"

*facepalm*
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #7870
color
Phantom Detective

Gray Fox complete! Next up, an arm canon...and lots of blood.

Unread 01-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #7871
starnes82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbra.Exe View Post
Aww, man, I've had that happen to me when I went as Solid Snake one year. People guessed everything from a pro wrestler to a Ninja Turtle... My eight-year-old neighbor was probably the only one to guess right.

As Big Boss, I only got three wrong guesses; one from my Japanese teacher, one from my Animation teacher, and one from some giggly group of girls walking nearby me.

My Japanese teacher guessed Rambo, and my Animation teacher guessed a G.I. Joe. Those I think were kind of close. But the girls?

..."Oh look, it's a pirate!"

*facepalm*
a pirate? *shakes head* i might do big boss again for animazment this year.
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #7872
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

So holy crap, guys! I've been so busy with all of the volunteering I do and the conventions I run and my real job that I haven't had anything like time to get on cosplay.com. This thread has sure grown in a couple of months.

I have a question... or a call for advice, rather. I've always done The Boss with my real hair because it's usually one of those "comfortable" costumes for me, but in the past year, I've been growing out my hair. Whereas last year at this time it was just about the perfect length, it is now sneaking suit Boss length and style (I guess if I find an excuse to wear that again soon, I won't have to wig it!).

I'm emceeing at a convention in two weeks. This is a thing I do every year with my friend Jon who plays Snake. We write these fun little bits to do between entries, and it's honestly one of the reasons our masquerade gets so many people watching it (or at least I've been told). I'd like not to have to wear a wig for it because some of the stunts we do get us sweaty (fight choreography and such). Sweating in wigs, as most of us know, is not fun. I have three options - 1.) wear a wig and be sweaty, 2.) find a way to tuck my hair away where it won't come out during stunts, or 3.) wear my hair long and hope no one cares.

If I could do this perfectly, I'd have time to change into my sneaking suit, but because that takes a good 45 minutes, I don't think I'll try it.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #7873
Diegator
User of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
Gray Fox complete! Next up, an arm canon...and lots of blood.
You got the suit color match spot on! Great job.
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #7874
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

color: Love it! I wish I could make a Gray Fox cosplay some day. And I agree with Diegator, great job on the color match! I like the light in the "eye" as well.

supergeekgirl:
I would say just leave your hair long. My hair is nearly mid-back, and I couldn't get a proper wig in time for Halloween. So I was Big Boss with super-long hair. ^^; No one cared! (They did keep mentioning my glasses though. Oh, how I wish for contacts... XD)
Unread 02-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #7875
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

supergeekgirl: My recommendation for using your real hair, if you want to go to the trouble, is to perhaps get your hair layered in such a way so that some of your hair is teh appropriate length. After that you can try and hide the rest under the uniform! (I had to do taht a few times, seemed to work decently). It's a good compromise between cutting it completely and having to wear a wig I suppose?

Man, haven't visted this thread in too long! I've been doing a bunch of other cosplays, but it's high-time I get around to reworking my Ocelot uniform top. I realized recently that it's actually a bit small and not as well fitted as I'd like (Plus it was the first time EVER I made a shirt with a collar and everything, honestly I'm surprised it came out that well :''D )

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote