Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 11-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #721
astronological
Delirious Biznasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuyoDa View Post
I think that would look good for Rhyme! It looks like a good length, and the color looks more natural than something too yellow :3
aaaah, thank you so much ! i was so worried sticklers would pick at me for having a shorter wig. ;;

my tumblr
astronological is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #722
crystalamaris
The Reaper Review

Yay! Just got done running around as Tenho! New pictures posted!
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #723
girlinthestars
Lunarex

Thus thread is kind of dead, but I'm planning on cosplaying Neku. I just got the fabric for his shirt but I think the lighter color I got it too blue. It's kind of a light blue with a tint of purple. My whole family says it will look fine but still. Anyone think it's alright if it's more blue than purple?

Next Costumes

Recent Completed Costumes
Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
girlinthestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #724
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinthestars View Post
Thus thread is kind of dead, but I'm planning on cosplaying Neku. I just got the fabric for his shirt but I think the lighter color I got it too blue. It's kind of a light blue with a tint of purple. My whole family says it will look fine but still. Anyone think it's alright if it's more blue than purple?
I think I see more Neku cosplayers using blue in the middle than purple. You're probably fine :3
PuyoDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #725
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

Indigo. Neku is Indigo. Lol.
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #726
girlinthestars
Lunarex

Haha thanks. It kind if is the same shade as the Ouran uniform. Anywho, I'm excited for this, I'm making the headphones to play music. I ripped up an old pair of headphones and I'm going to put the in it. Any advice for the shoes?

Next Costumes

Recent Completed Costumes
Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
girlinthestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #727
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

I fully realize that I'm bumping an old thread, but has everyone seen the new TWEWY counter on the Square-Enix site?

Sooo hoping for some new designs!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #728
Little Shadow

Hi all! I'm planning to do my first crossplay as Neku at this year’s Fanime (California con held in May). I just backread all 49 pages to try to make sure I didn't miss completely obvious questions and answers. I found some great tips (mascara for eyebrow coloring! Awesome idea!), and some helpful suggestions. Unfortunately, some of the links and products suggested are no longer available. So, I have a few questions:

1) What currently available wig is recommended for Neku? I’ve seen Punky listed, but can’t find that particular style on the linked pages. I’m guessing that that style has been discontinued? Scruffy was suggested as an alternate base, opinions? Also, I've never worn or styled a wig before, so I'd prefer one that is fairly easy to work with, and like a lot of others, I don't want to go neon with this. Suggestions are very welcome here!

2) The endless color debate. Center stripe of the shirt looks purple to me, but what is the main color of the shirt? Black, dark navy, dark purple, charcoal? Pattern recommendations would also be very welcome, as would links to instructions/how-to vids.

3) Does anyone have any suggestions for the shorts? I can sew, though I've never made shorts, but fabric and pattern recommendations would be very welcome, as would links to how-tos.

4) Anyone have a currently available headphone brand/style to recommend?

Thanks!
Little Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #729
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Shadow View Post
1) What currently available wig is recommended for Neku? Iíve seen Punky listed, but canít find that particular style on the linked pages. Iím guessing that that style has been discontinued? Scruffy was suggested as an alternate base, opinions? Also, I've never worn or styled a wig before, so I'd prefer one that is fairly easy to work with, and like a lot of others, I don't want to go neon with this. Suggestions are very welcome here!
I used the Punky, which is a New Look wig. Other online sites carry that brand, like here:
http://www.thewigs.com/view_detail.asp?indx=2848
The back was a little on the thin side, so I had some trouble at first, but I was able to spike the whole thing.

I'm not really sure how well the Scruffy works for spiking. I have one of the older versions of the Scruffy, but I don't own the new one.

Quote:
2) The endless color debate. Center stripe of the shirt looks purple to me, but what is the main color of the shirt? Black, dark navy, dark purple, charcoal? Pattern recommendations would also be very welcome, as would links to instructions/how-to vids.
I went with dark navy for the main color. I feel like black would be too dark. I didn't buy a pattern for it, but based it off one of my shirts and then added a cowl neck:
http://www.ehow.com/how_8676871_make-cowl-neck.html

Quote:
3) Does anyone have any suggestions for the shorts? I can sew, though I've never made shorts, but fabric and pattern recommendations would be very welcome, as would links to how-tos.
I also based the shorts on ones I had instead of buying a pattern. (Well, based on my husband's shorts since I wanted them to be large and baggy, haha.) I used cotton, which I had to double layer, so it wouldn't be see through. That might not have been the best choice, but it worked out.

Quote:
4) Anyone have a currently available headphone brand/style to recommend?
Instead of using real headphones, I made mine with a headband and craft foam. You can kind of see how it's done when you view the under side of it:
http://cosplay.silent-white.com/?attachment_id=731

If it helps any, I've documented my progress while I was working on my Neku costume:
http://cosplay.silent-white.com/category/twewy/neku/

Good luck!
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #730
Little Shadow

Thanks! For the Punky wig...what do those confusing colors mean? Is there somewhere I can see the colors that go with those numbers? Is there a shade a little more subdued than the one you used? Yours is pretty accurate to the game color, but I'd like to tone it down to something a bit closer to the Dark Orange listed for the cosplay.com wigs, rather than the classic orange it looks like the Punky orange is.

For the shirt, did you use a jersey knit, or something else? I really like the navy, glad to know what you actually used, since photo colors can be hard to pin down.

When you say cotton, do you mean quilter's cotton? Lots of fabrics are made from cotton, but I am thinking that was what you meant? I've had limited luck with quilter's cotton. It comes in so many colors and patterns that it is hard to resist sometimes, but often looks utterly wrong for modern clothing due to the way it drapes. But I'll keep it in mind as a usable fabric if I can't find another option.

And thanks for the headphones tips and the in-progress log! Those look like they will be useful to refer back to! Thanks for giving me so much help so fast!
Little Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #731
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

Quote:
Thanks! For the Punky wig...what do those confusing colors mean? Is there somewhere I can see the colors that go with those numbers? Is there a shade a little more subdued than the one you used? Yours is pretty accurate to the game color, but I'd like to tone it down to something a bit closer to the Dark Orange listed for the cosplay.com wigs, rather than the classic orange it looks like the Punky orange is.
There's a color chart next to the zoom button that has the colors. I was going to suggest 25BC (Honey Gold Blonde) or F.Red (Fire Red) if you didn't like the orange, but it looks like those aren't available in the menu =/

Another option is Arda Wigs: http://arda-wigs.com/
They have a gallery where people altered the wig, so you can find one you like and see which one they used as a base: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ardawig...7626374056722/

Quote:
For the shirt, did you use a jersey knit, or something else? I really like the navy, glad to know what you actually used, since photo colors can be hard to pin down.

When you say cotton, do you mean quilter's cotton? Lots of fabrics are made from cotton, but I am thinking that was what you meant? I've had limited luck with quilter's cotton. It comes in so many colors and patterns that it is hard to resist sometimes, but often looks utterly wrong for modern clothing due to the way it drapes. But I'll keep it in mind as a usable fabric if I can't find another option.
Ah, sorry! I should have been more specific. I did use quilter's cotton for both the shirt and shorts, since I didn't know how to dye fabric back then. But yeah, not the best choice, but it worked out ^^;;

Quote:
And thanks for the headphones tips and the in-progress log! Those look like they will be useful to refer back to! Thanks for giving me so much help so fast!
You're welcome! Glad I could help!
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #732
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Since this is possibly the only thread I'm not necroing, I'll post here lol

I'll be making a Shiki cosplay. Well part of it. I'm probably gonna buy the skirt and some boots to alter, but that hoodie/vest won't be so easy to get ahold of lol And I'll be making a hat. Or rather, building it on an existing hat.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #733
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

This year I've finally decided to fulfill my dream of cosplaying Joshua this year. <3
I hope to have it done for gamescom this August, but since the outfit is pretty simple, it shouldn't be a problem.
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Final Haikyuu Qest!Tooru Oikawa - 80%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote