Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 01-30-2013, 01:48 AM   #61
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Yea, being a, I guess you'd call it "beginning MtF" (I don't like saying it that way, but it's the only way I can think to say it lol), I will be needing all the help on make up I can get lol

I will also be doing a MASS ammount of female cosplays in august, so I need to learn exactly what you posted this this thread about. Can you say life saver? lol
Hey, as long as you can make it work in your favor. .... Yeah though, between this thread and my thread in the makeup board, I got so many links and references to get a grasp of what needed to be done. Definitely look for those sources. I did use practically every makeup video person at least once. I remember using Misty Eyes before, but never worked out. I remember GossMakeupArtist helped me figure my eye type and early contouring. Pixiwoo, I just used her today to help with eyeshadow (though this will take a while).... Pertrilude for the eyebrow concealing (Which I think in the end, I am going to thread. My brows are stubborn as hell) and TheMakeupChair for today's try at contour again.

I got to subscribe to a few of them, especially Goss. For some reason, I really like him. He amuses me.

Anywho, who are you looking to do? s:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyronami View Post
Lookin good! I remember when I first started the hardest thing was makeup, but slowly you learn. You just gotta keep doin it! every day if you can!
Yes I shall.....IF I can. xD.... Makeup is INDEED tough to do, but I suppose I am over the "lollipstickneyeshadow=pretty" hurdle. ....

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.

Last edited by Larcenciel : 01-30-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #62
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Yea, I been reading that other thread too. VERY helpful. The HUGE problem is my facial hair..I get it growing back just later that night. Lik eit only last fully shaved about 10 hours..Which is bad for conventions lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:08 AM   #63
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Yea, I been reading that other thread too. VERY helpful. The HUGE problem is my facial hair..I get it growing back just later that night. Lik eit only last fully shaved about 10 hours..Which is bad for conventions lol
Me too.... mine stays shaven down for a day at least, but in my pictures, I have covered my moustache area and beard area with pinkish cheap lipstick before applying my foundation and after I set my face primer. s:.... Seems to help. As someone said, it cancels out the blue tint of the 5 oclock shadow. Always keep a pink or orange lipstick on ya.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #64
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Wow! You have made such amazing progress!!
Those pictures look great! (:
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #65
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Thanks again Ichigo. :3..... Amazing is what I aim for.

Will say, I need a tutorial for your eyes. Everytime I see your avvie here, I get jealous of those eyes and wanna emulate them. Sorry if that is creepy, because it isn't meant to be.

Unread 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #66
CobaltTempest

Looks like it's coming along very well! Keep at it, and I look forward to seeing some fantastic results when you start with the actual cosplays!

My cosplay/photography work
Facebook | tumblr | deviantArt | World Cosplay

Yaoi-Con 2014 - MAYBE

Pacific Media Expo 2014
Kagamine Rin (Christmas) - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva
Kosaka Honoka (僕らは今のなかで) - Love Live! School Idol Project

Last edited by CobaltTempest : 01-30-2013 at 10:31 AM.
CobaltTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #67
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Thanks Cobalt. If there is anything I learned from all of this,, makeup has nothing on the difficulty of cosplay choice. ... especialllllllllllllllllly when you don't follow much anime anymore. D:

Unread 01-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #68
CobaltTempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
Thanks Cobalt. If there is anything I learned from all of this,, makeup has nothing on the difficulty of cosplay choice. ... especialllllllllllllllllly when you don't follow much anime anymore. D:
Oh? Maybe it's just me, but I end up changing up makeup schemes depending on the character, which sometimes makes it difficult to coordinate different combinations and whatnot. It also does not help if you have a bunch of friends or are part of a cosplay group that suggests you cosplay from this and that.

Getting the basics of makeup down sure comes a long way, though.

My cosplay/photography work
Facebook | tumblr | deviantArt | World Cosplay

Yaoi-Con 2014 - MAYBE

Pacific Media Expo 2014
Kagamine Rin (Christmas) - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva
Kosaka Honoka (僕らは今のなかで) - Love Live! School Idol Project
CobaltTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #69
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltTempest View Post
Oh? Maybe it's just me, but I end up changing up makeup schemes depending on the character, which sometimes makes it difficult to coordinate different combinations and whatnot. It also does not help if you have a bunch of friends or are part of a cosplay group that suggests you cosplay from this and that.

Getting the basics of makeup down sure comes a long way, though.
Lol, not sure if you misunderstood me, but I meant it as a joke, how choosing someone to cosplay is harder than makeup.

But hey, at least you have ideas on who to cosplay at times. I run dry. My friends DO want to do a group collaboration sometime though, so it would be fun if we ever get one going. Closest we MIGHT get going is a Madoka one. I know one girl in the group wants to do Akemi, then we know a girl not in our group possibly doing Madoka..... and the Akemi told me I should do Sayaka. s:.... Someone else told me I would make an "adorable Sailor Jupiter".... which is funny because I considered Sailor Moon (Anime not character) before, but yeah, that isn't going to be a group thing if I did. s:

But yeah, it totally does. I can't wait to show it off to everyone once I get to the con this year.

Unread 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #70
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
Thanks again Ichigo. :3..... Amazing is what I aim for.

Will say, I need a tutorial for your eyes. Everytime I see your avvie here, I get jealous of those eyes and wanna emulate them. Sorry if that is creepy, because it isn't meant to be.
I'm actually planning on making one real soon. xD I'll let you know when I post it. (:
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #71
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
I'm actually planning on making one real soon. xD I'll let you know when I post it. (:
Oh, really? Yeah, PM it to me whenever you do it if you seriously were going to. c:

Unread 02-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #72
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Okay, I am just having fun now.

http://i.imgur.com/blExdvE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G8drd1i.jpg
http://imgur.com/Wg90ptB

Eye makeup skills getting soooooooo much better. (':

Last edited by Larcenciel : 02-01-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #73
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Much better!

Two things: brows and throat. The brows are looking unnatural. Check some easy brow shaping videos or tutorials and play around. Yours are too thin, and they make you look surprised. Some light plucking/waxing/threading will definitely help. Without making you look too femme.
Throat looks too dark. Can't tell if it's makeup or beard stubble.

You've come a long ways, haven't you? I'm really happy to see your quick learning and progress! Please keep us updated, too!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #74
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Lol, it's shadow, not stubble. s:.... and the brows, yeah, I honestly kind of BS'd them tonight. Focused moreso on the eyes, and forgot the brows at the end. -_-.... I still hope to thread my real brows.

Lol, yep. Practically having just fun now, xD.... Still looking up youtube things, and eyes were the focus of the night.

Last edited by Larcenciel : 02-01-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #75
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Your eye have certainly improved from your first pics
You're making an increasingly pretty lady, too!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote