Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
ZeroCosplay

Best thing that ever happened to you during a con?

Best moments, funny, cute moments. Just your best memory.
ZeroCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

The best? Hard to say. One that always crosses my mind was when I was crossplaying as Chii, I was sitting on a bench outside of Dunkin Donuts and an elderly lady came up to me and said "I like your dress. "..... I said thanks, and she sat down, and I started talking with her. She said she was always fascinated over the costumes she sees every year, and she comes to the mall area every year just for that reason. It was a sweet moment for me.

Another was when I trapped a gameshow host and she said into the mic "WAIT, YOU'RE A GUY?"..... then later, my team proceeded to win the event.

Oh, and at a "Name that tune" event, that one awkward song no one knows and being the person to say "Bible Black"..... yep, was a good moment.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
Ilafatyu
That guy

I'm wicked shy IRL, so mine's not going to be very interesting.

Last con, October, I wore my mostly finished Drossel cosplay. Not many people seemed to notice or care, probably because it was pretty crappy and I hadn't put the buttons on and my hat broke ten minutes into the convention. It was a mess. But as I was waiting to be picked up (we didn't drive since the convention was ten minutes from 'home' and we were too cheap to pay for parking) this guy walks past humming London Bridge.

So yeah, not the most interesting thing, but it beat being passed up for Grell like I was all day.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
ZeroCosplay

Both good stories
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
ChatNoir
Lubim Ta

Lots of awesome stuff has happened, but this most recent one is really high up there, maybe number one.

Last weekend at Setsucon in State College, PA, Little Kuriboh was one of the guests. I cosplayed as River Song from Doctor Who, and I'm so glad I did. When my friend and I walked in (late) to his panel, he looked up as we were sitting down towards the back and said, "hold on, did a River Song just walk in?". I raised my hand. He goes, "That's awesome". Then later at his table where he was signing autographs, he asked to take my picture!! It was super cool and flattering and made my day.

Rose Tyler - Doctor Who
River Song - Doctor Who
Kaylee Frye - Firefly
Fem!Sam - Supernatural
Sam Winchester - Supernatural
Fem!Sherlock - BBC Sherlock
Fem!Newt Geiszler - Pacific Rim
ChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Best thing for me is meeting all my wonderful irreplaceable con friends
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
sam vimes
A real live wire

For me, it was realizing I was standing in front of Kevin Sorbo while in line for lunch at Dragon*Con. Upon the realization, I was suddenly eleven and watching "Hercules: The Legendary Journies" again, and began blushing furiously. I may or may not have called him "Mr. Sorbo." He seemed amused at how mousy I was being and just chuckled and shook his head when we shook hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
Ron Jr

Boston Super Megafest 2011. I was at the 501st booth in my Vader and someone bumps into me, I look over and it is Patrick Stewart. I say excuse me captain. He says to me Geek. and walks to his panel. Oh the joy of being snubed by a celeb.
Ron Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #9
kikamontanez

Well, this wasn't mine, but this happened to my best friend and just watching the whole thing go down made me happy. At our last con, she was dressed as one of those think-it-up-yourself sexy no jutsu Narutos. Well, there was a big Naruto photoshoot going on and we just happened to stumble upon it. She started taking pictures and this this super hot Naruto spots her and forces her into the shoot. She was easily the skinniest, prettiest girl in the shoot, and in the middle of all of the female characters together shot, a whole bunch of guys started yelling for her to do a sexy pose. The other girls in the shoot started trying to do them too (showing cleavage and stuff) but the guys kept yelling, "YEAH NARUTO!"
I know that sounds kind of rude the way I talk about the other girls, but imagine if you were finally the skinniest, prettiest, sexiest girl in a group of other girls. That was her turn to be that girl. I felt happy for her
kikamontanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #10
ZeroCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikamontanez View Post
Well, this wasn't mine, but this happened to my best friend and just watching the whole thing go down made me happy. At our last con, she was dressed as one of those think-it-up-yourself sexy no jutsu Narutos. Well, there was a big Naruto photoshoot going on and we just happened to stumble upon it. She started taking pictures and this this super hot Naruto spots her and forces her into the shoot. She was easily the skinniest, prettiest girl in the shoot, and in the middle of all of the female characters together shot, a whole bunch of guys started yelling for her to do a sexy pose. The other girls in the shoot started trying to do them too (showing cleavage and stuff) but the guys kept yelling, "YEAH NARUTO!"
I know that sounds kind of rude the way I talk about the other girls, but imagine if you were finally the skinniest, prettiest, sexiest girl in a group of other girls. That was her turn to be that girl. I felt happy for her
that is so cute
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #11
Touya no miko
TnM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
For me, it was realizing I was standing in front of Kevin Sorbo while in line for lunch at Dragon*Con. Upon the realization, I was suddenly eleven and watching "Hercules: The Legendary Journies" again, and began blushing furiously. I may or may not have called him "Mr. Sorbo." He seemed amused at how mousy I was being and just chuckled and shook his head when we shook hands.
Word can not describe how much I envy you right now. D:

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #12
Aleatory
They call me Lady Luck.

So I bought a lavender colored little Alpaca thing. It was super cute and I kind of fell in love with it. This was just past November 2012 Youmacon. So I love this thing to death and I'm in line for the Team Four Star 18+ panel on Saturday night. I get into my seat and look in my bag and look a second time and a third and I realize my $14 adorable alpaca is g o n e. I proceed to tear up and cry a little because I'm kind of a wuss to be honest.

So after tearing up I decide to loosen up and just enjoy the panel and I'll buy another alpaca I guess.

Suddenly up there I see a little fluffy object being thrown around.

Is it?
It is.

I proceed to watch Team Four Star molest my little purple alpaca and play with it. I was so excited and happy to see it okay! At the end of the panel I go up afterwards and claim my alpaca and that's my best memory and my first memory from a con.
Aleatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Best in recent memory was my friends and I in our Panty, Stocking, and Garterbelt costumes heading for a private photo shoot at A-kon 23. We had just been informed we had won Best Craftsmanship for the Hall Cosplay Contest and then someone walked past us, stopped, backed up, looked at us and goes "You guys totally win A-kon! Best cosplay of the weekend!"

And a few years ago at A-kon 21, my Kuroshitsuji group couldn't stop getting asked for pictures and being told we were the most accurate group ever. That made us all super happy (and that set of costumes also won a Craftsmanship award).

My last one isn't at a con yet, but I was just recently asked to be a guest judge in the Cosplay Contest at Anime Blues Con in Memphis. This will be the third year for it, and the last two years I have won the divisions I was entered in, so it was really awesome to be asked to judge this year.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
interstellarowl

Just the sheer amount of awesome people I met at Otakon last year during the Valve photoshoots, it was totally a blast to have a group cosplay with my buddies and now we try to fit together a group cosplay every con.
interstellarowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

Pedobear hugged me.
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote