Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 01-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Umichan40
Umichan40

Awesome Con D.C. 2013

New con in D.C.! This is Awesome Con's first year and it will be held at the Washington Convention Center on April 20-21, 2013. I literally just discovered this con a few minutes ago and wondered if anyone would want to go. This is the website for the con:

http://awesomecondc.com

Since this Awesome Con is a relatively new con, I don't really think that a lot of people will attend but I really want to get it going!

Unread 02-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

OH! Looks exciting! I should really go. About time D.C. got a comic-con!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

I actually think I'm coming down from NYC for a day. Some friends local to the area want to go, and hey, it looks fun

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
girlswithcomics

I went to the Annapolis Comic Con last year (which is hosted by Third Eye Comics. Technically that con evolved into this one if my sources are correct). Third Eye puts in a helluva show. I can't wait!
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlswithcomics View Post
I went to the Annapolis Comic Con last year (which is hosted by Third Eye Comics. Technically that con evolved into this one if my sources are correct). Third Eye puts in a helluva show. I can't wait!
Let me start off by saying your mutant power of finding me on Tumblr is a tad frightening :P

And I'm fairly jacked for this show. I have to watch my $$$ because I have c2e2 the following weekend, but I'm sure the only thing I'll end up buying is a cheap trade or something.

I also need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with my HAWKGUY bow. Kinda crucial to my costume and all.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
girlswithcomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Let me start off by saying your mutant power of finding me on Tumblr is a tad frightening :P

And I'm fairly jacked for this show. I have to watch my $$$ because I have c2e2 the following weekend, but I'm sure the only thing I'll end up buying is a cheap trade or something.

I also need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with my HAWKGUY bow. Kinda crucial to my costume and all.
I AM THE BATMAN.

Anyhow, it'll be rad! Jeff Shultz is gonna be there, and that's pretty awesome in my book!
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I AM THE BATMAN.

Anyhow, it'll be rad! Jeff Shultz is gonna be there, and that's pretty awesome in my book!
I assume you were just stalking people on the Katsucon tag and recognized that handle. Also your Archie-boner is showing, Betty or Veronica, discuss* :P

Joking aside, I kind of hope the Comics Guest list gets some move love. Nothing againist the show, but I've been spoiled by a ton of awesome comics con in the past with awesome guests, so I'm a tad bias. AT LEAST BRING OUT MARK WAID, HE IS HILARIOUS!

I do hope Phil Lamarr and Billy West do some sort of a panel. I mean it's a given, but West is hilarious and Lamarr is super nice, so I'd love to sit in on something like that.

*Spoiler- the answer is both. Femslash jokes go here.

Unread 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
Kimmu
silly pervert

My friend has a table in the artist alley, so it looks like I will be attending. Not sure if I'll actually be in costume though. I don't anticipate either of my in progress ones being done in time. If they're done by Otakon I'll be happy.
Kimmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
girlswithcomics

Quote:
I assume you were just stalking people on the Katsucon tag and recognized that handle. Also your Archie-boner is showing, Betty or Veronica, discuss* :P

Joking aside, I kind of hope the Comics Guest list gets some move love. Nothing againist the show, but I've been spoiled by a ton of awesome comics con in the past with awesome guests, so I'm a tad bias. AT LEAST BRING OUT MARK WAID, HE IS HILARIOUS!

I do hope Phil Lamarr and Billy West do some sort of a panel. I mean it's a given, but West is hilarious and Lamarr is super nice, so I'd love to sit in on something like that.

*Spoiler- the answer is both. Femslash jokes go here.
Yea more or less. I check that tag a few times a day for new pics.

I'm pretty sure they have more planned, but I just don't know who. I also hope this show really takes off, as it would be a nice addition to my con circuit.
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmu View Post
My friend has a table in the artist alley, so it looks like I will be attending. Not sure if I'll actually be in costume though. I don't anticipate either of my in progress ones being done in time. If they're done by Otakon I'll be happy.
Couldn't you just rewear Kid Loki? I know I'm planning to get a new costume up and running for a show the weekend after, but I'm rolling Hawkeye because pants. Also Cyclops and the Avengers is something that wouldn't make much sense, especially post AvX.

Quote:
Yea more or less. I check that tag a few times a day for new pics.

I'm pretty sure they have more planned, but I just don't know who. I also hope this show really takes off, as it would be a nice addition to my con circuit.
I could deal with it as well. It's on the cheap and I know cool people in the area who will let me crash there!

Also nice Archie dodge :P

Unread 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
Kimmu
silly pervert

Quote:
Couldn't you just rewear Kid Loki? I know I'm planning to get a new costume up and running for a show the weekend after, but I'm rolling Hawkeye because pants. Also Cyclops and the Avengers is something that wouldn't make much sense, especially post AvX.
I guess I could... actually now that YA has started, I've finally got a Loki with that design who matches more with how I actually enjoy him as a character. Creeper Loki is where it's at.

The more Hawkguy cosplay there is, the better. I eagerly await the issue all about Pizza Dog.
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
girlswithcomics

Quote:

I could deal with it as well. It's on the cheap and I know cool people in the area who will let me crash there!

Also nice Archie dodge :P
We would be here all day talking about Archie. I'm pretty sure a certain Archie artist I know is even sick of my weird obsession with it. I feel for that poor, poor man.
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #13
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I guess I could... actually now that YA has started, I've finally got a Loki with that design who matches more with how I actually enjoy him as a character. Creeper Loki is where it's at.

The more Hawkguy cosplay there is, the better. I eagerly await the issue all about Pizza Dog.
YA is so good. But if you want to be super accurate to the book, you need SASUAGES for your cosplay. Get on it.

I've always dug HAWKGUY, mostly because he was a jerk, but this new book has taken it to another level. One of the brightside to Katsu this past year was people in the know coming up to me about their feels. A friend and I did formal Kate and Clint from issue 2 and asked me how good I am boats. HAWKGUY fandom is best fandom.

And the minute I can figure out how to get a Pizza Dog plush/accessory, my life is complete.

Quote:
We would be here all day talking about Archie. I'm pretty sure a certain Archie artist I know is even sick of my weird obsession with it. I feel for that poor, poor man.
I've been around the internet, I guarantee I've seen people with weird obessions. Unless you comission some terrible* rule 34 art. Then it is weird.

*-Good rule 34 art will not get you judged. But you'll be asked to share.

Unread 02-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
Kimmu
silly pervert

Quote:
YA is so good. But if you want to be super accurate to the book, you need SASUAGES for your cosplay. Get on it.

I've always dug HAWKGUY, mostly because he was a jerk, but this new book has taken it to another level. One of the brightside to Katsu this past year was people in the know coming up to me about their feels. A friend and I did formal Kate and Clint from issue 2 and asked me how good I am boats. HAWKGUY fandom is best fandom.

And the minute I can figure out how to get a Pizza Dog plush/accessory, my life is complete.
For without diabolical breakfast meats, what is Loki?

I've always liked Clint because he's a jerk and really sort of fail but also somehow successful at the same time as he is fail, and man, Fraction has run with that. Though I do feel pretty sorry for Kate and the whole credit card fiasco, unless she and Clint are into that sort of thing.
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
For without diabolical breakfast meats, what is Loki?

I've always liked Clint because he's a jerk and really sort of fail but also somehow successful at the same time as he is fail, and man, Fraction has run with that. Though I do feel pretty sorry for Kate and the whole credit card fiasco, unless she and Clint are into that sort of thing.
My friend wore Kid Loki at Katsu and lacked meats. She got a stern talking to by the Avengers.

I don't ship HAWKGUYS, but god I love Kate Bishop. She is a good bro. The relationship Fraction has developed for the 2 of them is pretty great.

The thing I like the most about the new on-going is Clint's determination to help people all the time, despite the fact that it sometimes ends with Bros trying to kill you, cheating on your gf, and feeding pizza to dogs. And carts getting wrecked. THEMES YO!