Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Making Chris Ayres really excited by cosplaying Lucy. He did some bit parts in Elfen Lied and when I came up the autograph he said "I HAVE to get pictures with you." It's even better in hindsight as I now know the wig I was using was bad and yet he was still that excited. The pictures even went up on his site, I also put them in my gallery.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)

Last edited by Shana05 : 02-06-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #17
Shinigami Desu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Making Chris Ayres really excited by cosplaying Lucy. He did some bit parts in Elfen Lied and when I came up the autograph he said "I HAVE to get pictures with you." It's even better in hindsight as I know know the wig I was using was bad and yet he was still that excited. The pictures even went up on his site, I also put them in my gallery.

Personally I think the wig is perfect and so is your cosplay :3

Sailor Uranus

Youmacon 2014 Cosplay:

Arystar Krory: D.Gray-Man
Phyrra Nikos: RWBY
Shinigami Desu~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #18
PLUNDERNOOB
Lv. 68 porcastinator

It was my first cosplay fashion show, the second time wearing my psycho costume (thank god it was indoors, the weather sucked that day) and I participated in a cosplay fashion show. I was one of the last to come up, and though we heard the occasional applause it was nothing grand. However, as it was my turn my name was aannounced. Silence. Then I show myself and the audience started cheering like madmen. Definitely made my day.

afterwards, one of the judges showed up and told me that, despite me not winning, I had the highest score in act originality by far. Also made my day.
PLUNDERNOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

So, I've got two that I think I'll always remember.

The first was way back in the far off land of 2010. I brought Pedobear to Fanime and it was probably the most fun I've ever had at a convention. My most memorable being while walking down the hall after getting my badge, I hear "PEDOBEAR!" I turn my head and I see the most accurate Coach from Left 4 Dead 2 jumping over the ropes and barreling towards me. He picks me up with a huge grin on his face and I'm laughing to hard I can barely breathe. I need to post that picture my friend took of that. Then there was also helping do the hand check for Hentai Nights. Sure, I couldn't see a dammed thing, but it was worth it.

Second is a little more of the 'feels' variety. I have never felt very attractive. And after having a really tough year (boyfriend breaking up with me, getting medically discharged from the navy, not being able to find a job blah blah blah, my needs) I gained a lot of weight. But for the past six months I've been working to change all of that. I lost almost twenty pounds, asked for nice MAC makeup for the my birthday and learned how to actually use it.

ALA rolls around and I pull out my Fem!Phoenix Wright cosplay and newly redesigned wig. The actual costume fit me a little better then I last remembered which was a pleasant surprise. But the real surprise came from all of the compliments I received. People told me how good I looked and how pretty I was and if I wanted to hang out with them. I know that you're not supposed to let other people's words dictate how you feel about yourself, but it was nice to hear. For once I felt that maybe I could finally pull off my two dream cosplays: Rapunzel from Tangled and Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect. Hooray confident boost!
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

This thread is fun!

My best con moment happened this past year at Anime Fest 2012. I was already WAY TOO EXCITED because my all time favorite manga-ka, Arina Tanemura, was a guest. On friday of the con I attended her first autograph session and the person working the line announced that there would be not photos allowed. I was pretty bummed because I really wanted a chance to get a photo with her in one of my cosplays from her series later that weekend. SO, fast forward to Saturday and I am anxiously checking in at the panel room where her panel will be in case a line forms. On one of my trips over there someone stops me from behind and asks for my photo.

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

It was ARINA TANEMURA! She wanted my photo *___* so I say yes but then I ask for hers. It was pretty amazing. I almost cried, no lie. My dreams came true.

you can see the photo on my website
http://www.catchancosplay.com/site/a...12-con-report/
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #21
shmac

I've only ever been to two cons, so I don't have that many good stories, but one does come to mind:

My friend and I were standing around at Youmacon and we saw a BBC Sherlock cosplayer pass by, so my friend yelled "Sherlock!" so we could get a picture. We didn't realize they had a Moriarty with them, though, so both of them walked over and instantly just SNAPPED right into a pose, with Moriarty pointing a gun in his mouth.
Neither my friend nor I were prepared for this, so I ended up yelling "OH MY GOD" and falling over in a fit of laughter/dry sobbing.

The cosplayers just didn't expect that reaction, I guess, so Moriarty was laughing at us with the gun still in his mouth.

We got the picture... Moriarty is still half-laughing, as are the people in the background.
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #22
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmac View Post
I've only ever been to two cons, so I don't have that many good stories, but one does come to mind:

My friend and I were standing around at Youmacon and we saw a Sherlock cosplayer pass by, so my friend yelled "Sherlock!" so we could get a picture. We didn't realize they had a Moriarty with them, though, so both of them walked over and instantly just SNAPPED right into a pose, with Moriarty pointing a gun in his mouth.
Neither my friend nor I were prepared for this, so I ended up yelling "OH MY GOD" and falling over in a fit of laughter/dry sobbing.

The cosplayers just didn't expect that reaction, I guess, so Moriarty was laughing at us with the gun still in his mouth.

We got the picture, and Moriarty is still half-laughing, as are the people in the background.
Do you have that picture? I wicked want to see it. xD

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
shmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Do you have that picture? I wicked want to see it. xD
AW MAN, I made it sound so much better than it is. :P

shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmac View Post
AW MAN, I made it sound so much better than it is. :P
Aha, Sherlock looks so 'wtf' in that picture. xD

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
ShadowCharizard
Pokétopia Master

Probably not the best thing to happen during a con, but I was pretty proud of myself.

Sitting in a generic Pokemon panel, the girl running it decides to ask some trivia and give out plushes as prizes. She asks, "What was the first 2nd-Gen Pokemon to appear in the anime?" I thought, "All right, simple enough, I'll let someone else scream out the answer." A bunch of people simultaneously shout out "TOGEPI!!" and (surprisingly) seem shocked to learn that this is incorrect. I was appalled at their surprise. I shot my hand up and, in my Wes (Pokemon Colosseum) cosplay, yelled out "Ho-Oh." It felt so good to say that as Wes, since Ho-Oh is a key legendary in my character's game. My prize was a little Aipom plush, which was for some reason hurled across the room and hit me square in the face.

IT WAS A SHADOW AIPOM

tl;dr: A Shadow Aipom attacked me in a Pokemon panel while I was in my Wes cosplay
ShadowCharizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #26
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCharizard View Post
Probably not the best thing to happen during a con, but I was pretty proud of myself.

Sitting in a generic Pokemon panel, the girl running it decides to ask some trivia and give out plushes as prizes. She asks, "What was the first 2nd-Gen Pokemon to appear in the anime?" I thought, "All right, simple enough, I'll let someone else scream out the answer." A bunch of people simultaneously shout out "TOGEPI!!" and (surprisingly) seem shocked to learn that this is incorrect. I was appalled at their surprise. I shot my hand up and, in my Wes (Pokemon Colosseum) cosplay, yelled out "Ho-Oh." It felt so good to say that as Wes, since Ho-Oh is a key legendary in my character's game. My prize was a little Aipom plush, which was for some reason hurled across the room and hit me square in the face.

IT WAS A SHADOW AIPOM

tl;dr: A Shadow Aipom attacked me in a Pokemon panel while I was in my Wes cosplay
Yeah, that was in, like, the first episode. I have no idea how they missed it. xD

That's pretty awesome, though. Hope your face was okay.

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #27
MagicalStar
Just a tiny magical star

At Ikkicon, we had to go from our hotel room to the parking outside in cosplay [Meloetta for her and Hina from Toohoo for me], and there was this family who was checking in, and they were giving us the oddest look.

And then! The daughter was like pointing and us and go, “Mom, they have GREEN hair!”

My friend just kinda smiled while I tried to hide behind her in vain, because it was really starting to make me question my life choi- eer, I mean, embarrass me.

It was kinda embarrassing and funny at the same time.

…Mostly embarrassing when it happened.
MagicalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #28
Major Panda

I got to meet James O'barr, and the commission he did for me was amazing.
Major Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

First day of my very first con...one person told me she loved my costume. Best thing ever as a newbie.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #30
touchmon
Make All The Things!

AnimeNext last year, the persona shoot. Met so many awesome people, had a great time together. I think almost all of us from last year are going to be meeting up again this year at AnimeNext. Really can't wait, it's going to be awesome.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote