Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #31
pltshp
i did what i have to do

it was super flattering when someone wanted her picture taken with me, and even more so when i saw after the con that it was her profile picture on facebook! i don't mind it in the slightest.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #32
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I don't mind when people do it except for creepers of course.

If we're cosplaying from the same series, it is even better. If I see someone that's cosplaying from the same series as me, I will go up and get a picture with me in it because it makes sense. The random, characters from different series,shots can be really funny too.

Of course, it's good to set boundaries for yourself of what you are willing and not willing to do with others in a picture.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #33
PK.love

I think it is pretty fun when other people want photos with you despite the fact that they aren't in a matching cosplay or anything! I don't usually find it creepy but there are always exceptions.

When I wear my Lucas cosplay from Mother 3, since he is also in a Super Smash Brothers game I get a lot of people coming up all excited because they play as him in the game. Usually it is guys and at first I admit it did weird me out, but I learned to have fun with it. If I didn't feel completely comfortable I would just hand them a prop (since they were not breakable at all!) and do a silly fighting pose with them so they could be happy and it was just a normal photo for me.

I think it is flattering when people want to do that though!
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #34
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

It's not creepy at all! It's only creepy if you make it creepy, touching without permission and stuff.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #35
BlazeofWar60
lolz

It's only creepy when some people go over the boundaries (you know what I'm talking about). Otherwise I don't mind it at all. Last time it happened was at Ohayocon on the last day, and I found it flattering :3

"This world is hell, we were born into hell. That doesn't change the fact that I can find ways to enjoy it."
"It's simply a matter of choice - this world sucks to you because you choose it to be so to you."
BlazeofWar60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #36
Ilafatyu
That guy

Funny story from Fayt.

I was going around as Drossel at AAC, and was asked a few times for a picture in the morning. In the afternoon someone else asked for a picture, so I got into pose-mode. I stood there a bit, posing, getting increasingly confused as nobody was doing anything. It was a good ten seconds of posing later that the guy told me he wanted a picture with me, not of me.

That's the only thing I have against pictures with people.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

I'm that con person that politefully asks for one with and one without me in the pictures, lol.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
Ron Jr

Happens to me all the time. We do events ranging from big cons like NYCC to concerts and all sorts of charity events. Kids love to have their picture taken with Star Wars characters.
Ron Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #39
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Not creepy at all, it even seems to be the norm in some countries. XD I love to take photos with my favorite characters as well.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #40
nyditch
Protector of Innocence

Some friends and I went as a small Smash Bros' group, and we had a BUNCH of people ask to get a picture with us. It was a lot of fun, especially since we had stuffed pokemon, Link's sword and boomerang, and Pitt's.... blade thingy... and we'd let other people hold them for pictures.

Whenever I see a cosplay I'm a HUGE fan of, I will often go ask to get a picture with them. Who wouldn't want to get a picture with their favorite character?!
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #41
Holygamer99

As long as you're not trying to grope them, it should be okay right?
Holygamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #42
Ron Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygamer99 View Post
As long as you're not trying to grope them, it should be okay right?
I have the opposite problem Vader gets groped all the time.
Ron Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #43
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

I know it's rhetorical but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyditch View Post
Who wouldn't want to get a picture with their favorite character?!
/raises hand

Seriously I'm too old for that. I know it's not the character, it's a person in a costume.

/gets cane and chases people off the lawn

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #44
Major Panda

I like it especially when they are other cosplayers that are related to the character.
Major Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #45
nyditch
Protector of Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp View Post
I know it's rhetorical but...

/raises hand

Seriously I'm too old for that. I know it's not the character, it's a person in a costume.

/gets cane and chases people off the lawn
I beg to differ with your physical age being too old, as I am about the same age. Mental age, however, is fully up to each individual's decision, and thus it matters not how many years are behind them.

It's just like when you're watching a movie, let's say with Mike Meyers in Auntin Powers. Do you look at the characters and refer to them as Mike, or would you refer to them as Dr. Evil, Fat Bastard, and Austin Powers?

It's understandable to not be able to suspend reality IRL as easily as it is to do so when watching the screen, but I certainly do to an extent. When I saw a girl dressed as Lina Inverse at my first con, I was like, "OMIGOSH! It's Lina Inverse! I have to get a picture with her!" I was almost to the point of squeeing, which is unusual for me. Note, this was only 2 years ago, so not like I was a little kid either.

Shall I revise my statement? How about this.
I would not pass up the opportunity to get a picture with someone in a really convincing cosplay of one of my favorite characters.

Last edited by nyditch : 02-05-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Blackberry jam
nyditch is offline   Reply With Quote