Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 310 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #19981
Ilafatyu
That guy

I'm one of the people who thinks it's awesome to be called by character name. It gets my attention quicker than my given name, to be honest. I call people by their character's name at conventions, and unless I'm in a conversation that lasts longer than ten minutes, I don't want everyone knowing my name.

My peeve is that my only convention company are bouncy fourteen-year-old conventiongoers. I can't keep up with that kind of enthusiasm, hell no.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #19982
UrbanVermin

The competitive attitude that people seem to get OUTSIDE of the masquerade.
UrbanVermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #19983
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I'm one of the people who thinks it's awesome to be called by character name. It gets my attention quicker than my given name, to be honest. I call people by their character's name at conventions, and unless I'm in a conversation that lasts longer than ten minutes, I don't want everyone knowing my name.

My peeve is that my only convention company are bouncy fourteen-year-old conventiongoers. I can't keep up with that kind of enthusiasm, hell no.
I'm thirteen and my mom would slap me if I was anything like that XD I'm one of the more civil young con-goers.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #19984
emmisu
King of Toast

Haha we were all 13 once, not all 13 year olds are the same level of maturity. Hell, not even most adults act the right age lol

As for my peeve, when USPS delivers my wig to A DIFFERENT TOWN.
My address is on the south shore and they've just delivered it to the north shore WTF I'd like to know where on the mailing label it said 'Levittown" instead of "Greenlawn"

There's a rather -large- distinction, I wonder who freaking noticed the issue first? Glad that person didn't just TAKE it also.

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #19985
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
I'm thirteen and my mom would slap me if I was anything like that XD I'm one of the more civil young con-goers.
Thank you for being awesome, Lux. -highfive- I had no idea you were so young, I thought you were 16 or so.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #19986
ZeroCosplay

pet peeves... i love how people make there costumes, and i love bought ones. I have bought them, and i am in the process of making my own. its due to time restrictions. So i don't see why people think they are better for making there own, although i do have much respect for them. secondly, i don't mind seeing skin or skimpy outfits, not because im a perve, but because people feel comfortable and they look happy to be the character. Now if a girl is acting like a total skank in the "skanky" outfit, that is unattractive.
my biggest pet peeve which just happened during the masquerade last weekend... there were a set of rules to follow and everyone was playing along, and there is always that one person that thinks he is better than everyone and tried to play by his own rules. just annoyed me I guess.
ZeroCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #19987
ShadowCharizard
Pokétopia Master

Newfound pet peeve of mine: cutting insulation foam. LIKE WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME SUCH A WORKOUT?!

Now I'm really dreading the sanding portion... P.S. I'm a foam n00b
ShadowCharizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #19988
Little Shadow

Pet peeves...Oh man. Well, personally, I really don't mind if you want to wear a huge wig/hat. Great. But please, don't wear it while sitting nice and tall right in front of me in the viewing rooms. I am trying to watch the show, and I'm having a very hard time seeing it past your massive headgear.

If you are wearing a huge wig, I do understand that taking it off isn't really an option. So I suggest either not wearing it in the first place when you are headed down to watch something, sitting in the rearmost row, or sitting on the very outside edge seat (not the end seat towards the middle aisle, the seat nearest the wall, please!), or, if you can't manage to do any of those things (and if there are available seats, generally tapping someone sitting in one of those listed seats and asking them to swap so you don't block the view of those behind you does work!), scrunch down in your seat! Yes, it might make it harder for you to see. But you wore that sight-blocking item of doom, so I believe you should be the one to suffer, not me.

If you are wearing a massive hat: Take. It. Off. I don't care if you have hat-hair. I don't care if your (more moderately sized) wig isn't styled under the hat. I don't care if your head gets cold. I don't care if you are wearing the hat for "religious reasons" (Tip: if you wear a headcovering for religious reasons, and chose your massive cosplay hat as your headcovering for today, bring another, smaller, hat/headcovering to wear in viewing rooms. I respect your religion, but you cannot tell me your two-foot-tall-feather-and-ribbon-whatever is your usual, religion-based, headgear. Please do not insult my intelligence by telling me it is.). If your hat is not glued/sewed to your hair/wig, remove it! If it is, please see above for my suggestions regarding those in massive wigs.
Little Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #19989
SecretCosplayer
KuroShi-Tan Cosplay

I'm not a seamstress, so I need to buy my cosplays from sites and commissioners. I've noticed A LOT that a lot of sites have cosplays that are wrong. I was looking for a suiseiseki cosplay last year and all the ones on the major sites were wrong. It's like' you have a ref pic for a reason!!!! Use it!!!!!' Ugh.....

Future Cosplays
Fem!Canada/Canako - Hetalia , Anjo Naruko "Anaru" - AnoHana , Kyoko Sayaka - PMMM

Convention List:
Sac-Anime Summer 2013, ALA 2014, Fanime 2014, AX 2014 (pending), Sac-Anime Summer 2014 (pending)

Do you live in California? Ever wanted to be an Idol? You can be!
Join SBA0048 today!
SecretCosplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:51 AM   #19990
Reily96
Zelda Obsessed

Quote:
I'm like this too. XD

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #19991
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCharizard View Post
Newfound pet peeve of mine: cutting insulation foam. LIKE WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME SUCH A WORKOUT?!

Now I'm really dreading the sanding portion... P.S. I'm a foam n00b
You're gonna want a shop-vac when you start sanding. The stuff gets EVERYWHERE. I worked on my pieces outside and had to get vacuumed off and then strip at the door to get back in the house without bringing in a pink dust cloud.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #19992
interstellarowl

Trying to find a more than decent cosplay of captain america for sale. XD
interstellarowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #19993
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Thank you for being awesome, Lux. -highfive- I had no idea you were so young, I thought you were 16 or so.
Don't forget to thank my awesomely strict mom for being awesome as well. -high five back-
:P

Another peeve: designing Pokémon gijinkas. Well, actually...I love designing Pokémon gijinkas for myself (my designs are decent, I suppose), but why must it be so tedious at times? ;_; It took me 3 tries to get a Wingull and Glaceon gijinka right and twice for a Growlithe, Jolteon and Shinx one. And I know that's not many that many tries, but you do not know how long as I sat in front of my computer monitor, at a blank MS Paint page, brainstorming, mentally rejecting one idea after another. >>

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #19994
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

My current one is having no idea who to cosplay. I'm about ready to add another one, considering that most of my projects are done, but I'm really uninspired. No characters are jumping out at me. This has never happened before 0.o
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #19995
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Patterns with weird cutting layouts. I just bought the materials to make Tepig, but I need to get more interfacing. Right now I'm working on a vest. Having made a couple vests before, I figured one yard would be enough interfacing. But the way this pattern has you cut it out requires a lot more. I guess I should have listened to the back of the pattern instead of going with my gut.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is online now   Reply With Quote