Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 01-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Caeron

Druid from World of Warcraft

Hey all! Would really appreciate some critique on my Tier 2 Druid from World of Warcraft (its the one of the right in the photo if you're not familiar). This is the best photo I have, but I can take specific pictures of the costume itself it that helps.

I know of the following things and I'm currently working on them:

-The arms aren't supposed to be black, so I'm finalizing those and working on my gloves
-The tabard is being attached directly to the dress as I had issues of it flopping around
-Had some leaves falling off/gaps. I know this is a problem, but I'm not sure of a quick way to solve this. Each one is currently sewn on at the top of the leaf, but I need a better way to make them stick in place without sewing the entire leaf on (way too much time)

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated. This has been over a year in the making because each Con shows me something I want to fix on it :P

Thanks!
Caeron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
kidcyco

Just curious,what race are you cosplaying?
kidcyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
Caeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcyco View Post
Just curious,what race are you cosplaying?
I haven't really decided / Not sure I will do a race. I would love to do tauren as it is the race I play, but that doesn't seem very feasible. The only one I can attempt to pull off i Nelf, but I'm not fond of that.

Probably just going to do the costume without a race. Was thinking of adding the makeup that is found on the bear form to bring my spec into it.
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I like it! I love World or Warcraft inspired cosplays. I may have to do one in the near future.

I know you mentioned the sleeves, what are you planning to do?

Will you have a weapon? It's been a while since I've played so I don't know if there is a standard weapon or not.

As for the leave, have you tried a type of glue? A super glue perhaps?

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Caeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
I like it! I love World or Warcraft inspired cosplays. I may have to do one in the near future.

I know you mentioned the sleeves, what are you planning to do?

Will you have a weapon? It's been a while since I've played so I don't know if there is a standard weapon or not.

As for the leave, have you tried a type of glue? A super glue perhaps?
For the sleeves I'm trying to follow the model. There is a grey material under the shoulders. Mid arm will be a band of white fur like the belt, and then the rest of the arm is brown. The gloves are supposed to be all wood, but I've just made fake wood bracers as a compromise with brown gloves.

Didn't find a weapon that seems to fit with this Tier that I liked, so I kinda winged it with a random staff. Didn't fit in my car, so it didn't make it to this con. I'll try and find a picture of it to post!

For the leaves, I tried hot glue, but because its fabric underneath, I had issues with my movement dislodging the leaves.
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
kidcyco

Trolls and worgans in human form can also be druids.But playing a troll or NE would require makeup and as a worgan in human form would need more errrr padding on the hips and booty as humans are stockier.
Costume looks good(had to check out the teir 2 set as its been awhile).
kidcyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
Caeron

Here is a reference image!
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
Kimchikimchi
A deliciously tasty treat

Ahh, I loved the moose hat!!
The costume itself looks pretty good. I must applaud you for having the patience to attach all those leaves. I think I might have taken an easier route and found a nice green suede fabric and sewn everything together that way just for time-saving on my part. Nice job, though!

Follow me on Facebook!
Kimchikimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
kitnip

I saw you at Edmonton Expo! I had a female Assassin's Creed costume Loved your costume!!
kitnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #10
Caeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitnip View Post
I saw you at Edmonton Expo! I had a female Assassin's Creed costume Loved your costume!!
Hey! Much thanks, I loved yours as well!
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
Irarenovo
cheesecake!

D: I play tauren druid too

I think that gloves could add something to your cosplay, even if you just picked up some brown/leather gloves and painted on the textures. some feathers or fur under the shoulders would look nice too..

I made a dryad costume once, which was pretty much a dress covered with leaves... I ended up hot-gluing one row at a time [starting from the bottom] to hold them in place [pinning takes too long] then sewed them in a line on my machine.. so bottom of leaf = glue, top of leaf = sewed. then the bottom of the leaves of the next row cover the sewed lines as you work your way up. At first I glued and sewed the top bits but I had to change out the needle too much b/c it picked up the glue.
Irarenovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
CosplayerKirito
"The Invisible"

Tabards are actually supposed to flap around. Watch your character when you play next. The tabard is free flowing, for the most part. You can secure it at the waist with a belt, and it won't be as....flappy? Sewing the tabard onto the costume would just make it part of the Druidic robe, not a tabard itself.

I myself play a Human Priest on Stormrage and a Worgen Rogue on Kilrogg with many alts spread across the realms of Azeroth.
Heathcliff
Asuna
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Ino Yamanaka 75% (Need wig cut and styled)
Conventions Planned:
CosplayerKirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #13
Caeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosplayerKirito View Post
Tabards are actually supposed to flap around. Watch your character when you play next. The tabard is free flowing, for the most part. You can secure it at the waist with a belt, and it won't be as....flappy? Sewing the tabard onto the costume would just make it part of the Druidic robe, not a tabard itself.

I myself play a Human Priest on Stormrage and a Worgen Rogue on Kilrogg with many alts spread across the realms of Azeroth.
I thought of this, but I figured that the bottom was part of the dress and just the top piece on my chest was the tabard. How it is now, it is too light of a material to flow/flap nicely, so it just bunches and looks awkward. I'll try a bit denser of a fabric and see how that looks. But yes, still unsure if the bottom should flap, or should be part of the dress.
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:25 AM   #14
Ink
We're all mad here!

Are you sure that's a tabard? It looks like it's all part of the dress to me.

Edit: I just noticed, and I'm not sure if this is just because the 'tabard' is indeed bunched up over your chest, but it looks like the upper bit and the lower bit are too far apart? If that makes any sense. On the picture there's a very slim line of green between the brown chest part and the brown bits sticking up above the belt. I think trying to slim that distance down could do much for the overall look of the dress.
And the mome raths outgrabe."

Last edited by Ink : 02-06-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
Caeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
Are you sure that's a tabard? It looks like it's all part of the dress to me.

Edit: I just noticed, and I'm not sure if this is just because the 'tabard' is indeed bunched up over your chest, but it looks like the upper bit and the lower bit are too far apart? If that makes any sense. On the picture there's a very slim line of green between the brown chest part and the brown bits sticking up above the belt. I think trying to slim that distance down could do much for the overall look of the dress.
Yes, I definitely agree. I'm actually in the process now of redoing that chest piece to make it bigger and better quality. The trimming was also iffy to me and I was just overall unhappy with the piece. Thanks