Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #76
heaven56
In the Limelight

Just thinking about when I do do Sherlock, all I really need to do is cut my hair, but I don't want short hair again.

Finnished
Princess Mercury - 100%

FUTURE
Loki - Thor Movie Outfit - Planned
Original Gryffindor Character (Rae) - Planned
Original Slytherin Character (Raven)- Planned
Original Slytherin Student (Lillian)- 60%
Captain America - Avenger Movie Outfit - 10% (I have the shield!)

I PLAN FOR NDK EACH YEAR AND EACH YEAR I DON'T HAVE MONEY. DAMN YOU UNEMPLOYMENT!
heaven56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #77
merpotterwholoc
StephanieMalo

Hi! I'm really new to cosplay and just dropping by to show my Fem!lock cosplay. I'm quite proud of it and would like more people to see it.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/445839/
merpotterwholoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #78
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by merpotterwholoc View Post
Hi! I'm really new to cosplay and just dropping by to show my Fem!lock cosplay. I'm quite proud of it and would like more people to see it.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/445839/
Wow! You look great! I love your hair. I also adore your coat and shoes! Eeek!

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #79
SparkleParty
waste of space

Hi... :'D

-shyly pops in- Hiiii... I'm looking for a little help... XD I need some suggestions on where I might be able to find a coat similar to Sherlock's? Should I browse Ebay or Amazon, or a different site? Or should I just take a trip to a local thrift store?

And if anyone is looking for a Sherlock wig, I found one that looks pretty good here, not a bad price either:

http://arda-wigs.com/collections/bla...products/benny
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #80
Starfleet
All of space and time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleParty View Post
-shyly pops in- Hiiii... I'm looking for a little help... XD I need some suggestions on where I might be able to find a coat similar to Sherlock's? Should I browse Ebay or Amazon, or a different site? Or should I just take a trip to a local thrift store?

And if anyone is looking for a Sherlock wig, I found one that looks pretty good here, not a bad price either:

http://arda-wigs.com/collections/bla...products/benny
Hi there! I would personally start with local thrift stores. I found my version of Sherlock's coat at the local Goodwill for something like $10.

In Progress
Fem!Bucky/Winter Soldier, Charles Xavier (X-Men: First Class)

Conventions
Ohayocon - January 2014
ColossalCon - June 2014
DashCon - July 2014
Starfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #81
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

I also got my coat at a thrift store (I don't have pics).

Also, here's a tip, look for a coat that is the correct style and shape, but not particularly the right color. You can take a white or grey coat and dye it to the correct color. A great example of this is asksherlockof221b's coat found here.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #82
cyborgninja42

I did a Sherlock cosplay two weeks ago for Sherlock Holmes day. I didn't get any pictures myself, but I did crop these two out of group shots:
cyborgninja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #83
timeywimeygirl

So I know I'm very, very late for this party but I'm cosplaying as John for an upcoming con and I am in desperate need of his infamous black jacket. Any clues for ones that resemble his that I can mod? That aren't going to send me broke? This is such an awesome thread, so nice to see so many Sherlock cosplayers in one place
timeywimeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #84
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

My husband just did a Sherlock Holmes costume with a thrift store coat. I'd make a custom one, but we're already working on too many projects and can't afford the fabric I'd need to make it at this point. All he did was change out the buttons and change the pleats on the back.

So I guess it's sort of half-assed right now.

Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #85
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeywimeygirl View Post
So I know I'm very, very late for this party but I'm cosplaying as John for an upcoming con and I am in desperate need of his infamous black jacket. Any clues for ones that resemble his that I can mod? That aren't going to send me broke? This is such an awesome thread, so nice to see so many Sherlock cosplayers in one place
I think you're thinking of the one with leather, but he actually has two famous black jackets, so I'm not sure. Honestly, the most important part is just finding a well fitting jacket (that is an outerwear jacket with pockets, not a suit jacket or anything) and then sewing on either leather or pleather or PVC to the shoulder and arms. I would search for terms such as "black utility jacket" or "black military jacket" or "black cargo jacket" and see what you can find. Preferably with a collar, since that one has a corduroy collar that folds down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
....So I guess it's sort of half-assed right now.
"Half-assed" you say? Looks amazing!!! Can't wait to see what not-'half-assed' Sherlock looks like!

Unread 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #86
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

I would love to cosplay Sherlock, but I would need to convince my parents to let me get his coat...
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #87
setting54

Hi everyone! I've been working on two BBC Sherlock cosplays for SDCC (Kate **Irene's assistant**, and Femme!Moriarty), and I found a very convincing and inexpensive alt to the Alexander McQueen tie Moriarty is wearing in the Great Game here

New Cosplays for 2-15:
-Bulma
-Saiyaman
-Scarlet Witch
-Femme!Cyclops
setting54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #88
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by setting54 View Post
Hi everyone! I've been working on two BBC Sherlock cosplays for SDCC (Kate **Irene's assistant**, and Femme!Moriarty), and I found a very convincing and inexpensive alt to the Alexander McQueen tie Moriarty is wearing in the Great Game here
Ooh! That's awesome. I'm thinking of getting one to wear to work.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #89
ChatNoir
Lubim Ta

I'm working on a fem!Sherlock cosplay and felt like sharing.. ^^ Here's what I have so far:

Also, if anyone has any tips on finding a good, not-too-expensive, feminine-looking version of his coat, please share!

Rose Tyler - Doctor Who
River Song - Doctor Who
Kaylee Frye - Firefly
Fem!Sam - Supernatural
Sam Winchester - Supernatural
Fem!Sherlock - BBC Sherlock
Fem!Newt Geiszler - Pacific Rim
ChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #90
MeiChama
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatNoir View Post
I'm working on a fem!Sherlock cosplay and felt like sharing.. ^^ Here's what I have so far:

Also, if anyone has any tips on finding a good, not-too-expensive, feminine-looking version of his coat, please share!
Oh how adorable! I love the little magnifying glass you have. ;3;