Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
tiikay
there is no spork.

*kicks at dead thread*

I'm surprised there aren't more Dragon Age cosplayers out there! Addicting game and awesome characters.

I'm currently in the middle of trying to create Leliana's Sacred Ashes trailer outfit. Youtube screenshots only show so much. Nowhere near finished yet though! Tons more leather armor layering to do :|

tiikay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #17
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

I was planning SA Morrigan and Leliana for my friend and I for DragonCon this year....but something came up and now we're not going...I still plan to finish them eventually though (maybe for MegaCon next year) I mean I already bought a lot of the materials on impulse, I should not have them go to waste ^^
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #18
moonfall

I love this game, but a lot of the costumes are too complicated for someone at my level of costuming. I'd do a Circle mage's robes if I could.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #19
mrbob0822
Mr. Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiikay View Post
Tons more leather armor layering to do :|
I feel ya there. At least you don't have aluminum bands to put in and antique on top of that. :P
mrbob0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #20
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

I want to make my elf mage costume one of these days for a Renaissance festival. But I'm no where near Elf Mage height lol. So I may plan my Grey Warden warrior armor one YEAR.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #21
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

I'm actually planning on doing Morrigan for NYCC/NYAF. It'll be her Sacred Ashes costume. I'm just really stuck on how to manipulate the wig and which way I should go with that.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #22
umbrellas

First off: YAY Dragon Age cosplayers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubee33 View Post
I'm just really stuck on how to manipulate the wig and which way I should go with that.
For my Morrigan wig I used a Wisp wig from Cosworx, a pack of extensions/wefts and Kukkii-san's *AWESOME* tutorial.

I bought 'em in the darkest brown/espresso colour (I have lighter hair and pure black wigs make me look dead- great for undead costumes- not so much for the living ^^.

Only things I did different from her tutorial was I hand crocheted a stretch of extensions through the wig netting behind the bangs to thicken up the wig/hide netting. It looked pretty decent in the end- but was painstaking and a task I hope to not repeat for a long, long time.
Also- I did not stub the wig- I just pulled the hair up into a knot and pinned/hairsprayed it into place. No probs with it staying up for a con day.
Lastly, instead of pinning and spraypainting the short hairs at the very nape of the neck, I stitch-ripped three lengths of 'em out, then sewed them back in after the wig was pulled into its updo, because in the screen shots she has little neck-nape hairs (plus they hid my own, which I did not want to shave off ^_^;;;

Only thing I'd change if I were to do it again would be I'd get a longer base wig. I went with the Wisp for budget reasons (didn't want to spend big bucks on my first attempt at an updo)- and while it worked out fine enough in the end, I have no doubt it would have been easier had I used a medium length wig instead. I had to hide a lot of short hairs in the back, and I wouldn't have had to had I had a longer base. I regret nothing, but it definitely would have been easier.

I'll see if I can get some photos of the wig up here for you- though to be honest I'm in the process of moving right now- so it will very likely take awhile T_T. If you want to see some snapshots of the whole costume, just to take a look, I've got a few on my dA page
here
and here with Flemeth

tl;dr: Kukkii-san's high ponytail tutorial- read it, use it, love it
Best of luck! Can't wait to see the end results!
umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #23
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

That tutorial is amazing! Sadly, my con for my Morrigan cosplay is in October, so I know the bulk of Cosplay season will be done by then. But, I got my wig last week, an Angela 750 - also in Expresso (2). I asked what to do in the wig section, and got a bit of advice from Kukkii on how to tackle the wig styling. So far, it's coming out amazingly.

The material was so thick, it hardly needed extensions at all, aside for a little patching in the back. My only issue will be the weight of the bun, because there is a lot of hair. But, I'll get to that hurdle when it comes. I'm up to the third sealing part in that updo tutorial that Umbrellas linked, and I have never been so happy!

I've never owned, touched, or modified a wig before. So, this is coming out amazingly well.

Image of before and after modifying the wig It's still not done, so I hope I don't screw up yet (especially the bangs).

Also, I must say that I am really, really happy that I have a tiny head. I don't have to stretch or fill the space between the wig head and the wig at all for it to fit me.

Last edited by jujubee33 : 05-27-2010 at 12:55 PM.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 06:03 PM   #24
tiikay
there is no spork.

@umbrellas: you and your mother make an EPIC Morrigan&Flemeth team! Great job!!!

I've decided that I'm done with my Leliana costume *pictures are uploaded nowish!*, so it's time to move on to something that hopefully won't make me sweat buckets at my next con. Going to go with Morrigan's in-game outfit since I found the perfect reference picture and I cannot resist!

tiikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #25
umbrellas

Thank you! ^_^

I'll be sure to pass the compliment on to my mum too ^_^

And your Leliana is freakin' sweet! That costume is so lovely and your attention to detail really makes it sharp (and the pokeball made me giggle). I'd love to see more pictures!

Can't wait to see your Morrigan! Lemme know if you have any questions and I'd be glad to share what I did.

Hee. Dragon Age cosplay makes me happy ^______^
umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #26
dancesndflames

Help

I am brand new to Cosplay. If I can lose the weight (if not this will have to wait till next year) at this year's Ren Faire and Comicon I plan on Cosplaying Zathrian from DAO. However, I can't seem to locate any Dragon Age mage robes. Does anyone know where I can score one, I am stuck trying to figure out how to make it?
dancesndflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #27
MagentaFox
Hexagons are evil...

Wow, I used to do Mass Effect cosplay and thought that when I went on to try Dragon Age cosplay it'd have a thread that was just as active. I'm surprised to find it so dead here.

But my friends and I are planning a huge Dragon Age group for Connecticon in July and I was wondering if anyone from the area wanted to join us.

Anime Next
Catelyn Stark - Game of Thrones
Narcissa Malfoy - Harry Potter

Connecticon
Isabela - Dragon Age 2
Sonia Nevermind - Dangan Ronpa 2
Miranda Lawson (DLC Armor) - Mass Effect

Dragon*Con
Lady Stoneheart - Game of Thrones
Rogue Champion Hawke - Dragon Age 2
MagentaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #28
cyanidesun797

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagentaFox View Post
Wow, I used to do Mass Effect cosplay and thought that when I went on to try Dragon Age cosplay it'd have a thread that was just as active. I'm surprised to find it so dead here.

But my friends and I are planning a huge Dragon Age group for Connecticon in July and I was wondering if anyone from the area wanted to join us.
There used to be a huge DA2 thread but for some reason it disappeared.

I'm excited to hear about a DA group for Connecticon. I figured I was going to be the only one there.
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #29
MagentaFox
Hexagons are evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanidesun797 View Post
There used to be a huge DA2 thread but for some reason it disappeared.

I'm excited to hear about a DA group for Connecticon. I figured I was going to be the only one there.
Oh cool, who as? Right now my group has definite (as in we've started making)
Female Mage Hawke
Male Rogue Hawke
Anders
Isabela
Aveline
Varric
Alistair

With possible
Fenris
Merrill
Carver
Leliana
Sebastian

Anime Next

Connecticon
Isabela - Dragon Age 2
Sonia Nevermind - Dangan Ronpa 2

Dragon*Con
Lady Stoneheart - Game of Thrones
Rogue Champion Hawke - Dragon Age 2

Last edited by MagentaFox : 02-04-2013 at 01:35 AM.
MagentaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #30
cyanidesun797

That's an impressive group! I'm definitely bringing Isabela for one day and maybe Morrigan another day if I manage to have it re-made by then.