Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 703 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #10066
the1stpkmnfan
PKMN Master in training

So I'm working on my first costume that I'll be going as for SGC '13:

Pajama Link (The Wind Waker)

Progress made:
Ordered a somewhat shaggy blonde wig for me to wear.
Prop: Black Piggy~ (comissioner is making this for me)

Need:
A blue shirt with long sleeves with the crawfish design
Orange pants
Gray slippers? (I think these sound compy)

Anyone know where I can find some orange pants? Or even better, what kind of material I can use to make them? I'm guessing orange fleece from Hobby Lobby.
-----------

For my group cosplay; all 4 of us are going as 4 Swords Link. But I have yet to make any progress so far. I really gotta take a trip to Hobby Lobby someday soon. Thankfully my commissioner pointed me in a path to get me started.
the1stpkmnfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #10067
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

For your group, anything that is going to make everyone look closer to each other will help. I'd suggest all going together to the fabric store for the tunics and hats. That way, you can try to find the same fabric in different colors.If you're buying things like the longsleeve shirt or the white tights, get the same brand. Same goes for the wig, buy the same wig and style it the same way. For the belt, make it the same leather or fabric, and make the buckles as close to each other as possible (you could make one, create a small mold, and cast exact copies of them.
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #10068
freckleface
Broke Cosplay Addict

So I just realized that I was posting in the wrong thread...guess I should go here for help instead :P I know I posted before about being TP zelda, but I've decided to do Oot Zelda. Does anybody know of any good patterns for Zelda's dress from Ocarina of Time?
freckleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #10069
LKD
Is a princess!!

Just popping in randomly here haha

I'm soo torn! I want to make so many Zelda costumes but I cant pick which one of her designs :x

I'm tired of being young peeps from the series so im selling Agitha to get monies to start a zelda.
I'm so torn between OOT adult zel or the pink skyward outfit.

Oh and I really want to do hylia. Cause long drapey dress, yes plz!

What do you guys think? XD so torn
Unread 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #10070
Seifer-sama

@ freckleface: I suggest looking through some prom or wedding dresses to find the right pattern. You obviously won't find anything exact, but I am sure you can find something close and modify it.

@ LKD: Awesome!!! Personally I would vote for OoT Adult Zelda or Hylia. I love both of those designs and flowy dresses all the way!! I think you would be great at whatever you choose though.

Cosplay Update: Still working on the TP Cloak and Groose. I sort of got sidetracked and decided to do more raised designs on Zant's armor... I am currently repainting it completely and hopefully I will have some photos soon.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #10071
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

freckleface: I second what Seifer-sama said~ The top actually reminds me of an oriental dress (where the collar is), but the bottom is very flow-y, so you could probable even combine two patterns to get the effect you want.

LKD: All three of those options, are really amazing! Sometimes, if I can't choose, I go check the fabric store to see what they have in stock first. If I find perfect fabric for one, then it's settled! Especially if the fabric is on sale. I do love OoT Zelda, because I see her less done compared to the newer version. Though honestly, you can't go wrong.

Seifer-sama: I think we all get sidetracked sometimes, haha~

Progress: Well, it's not the best of photos, but progress has been slow on my OoT Link, so I wanted to show something. I've been working more this past week on it, so crossing my fingers that it's done in time for a con in Feb. D: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3345879/

Upcoming...
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Hanzo (Samurai Warriors 3)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #10072
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Hylian Knight: Thanks! I'm hoping I can make my Link up to standard for this group. It looks like we will be doing quite a bit of TP shoots the next couple of years. As for woodcarving, no problem. Ask whatever you want. Probably the two basic things I would get is a jigsaw and a belt sander. You can do quite a bit with those things.

Thanks for the compliments on Zidane. I will probably be doing one more complete redo at some point in the future and I want to do his trance version too. Your Zidane is awesome as well. It looks like you had some shots with MDA and Liliana. Also, I really like how you used foam for Link's hat. I've been trying to figure out how to get that fuller / more rigid look. It looks like that works.

@Seifer-sama: Thanks alot! I'm looking forward to shooting at SC with your new mods to Ganon and Zant.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #10073
Seifer-sama

@ HylianKnight: I think getting sidetracked is part of the fun sometimes. it's nice to have a little bit of freedom and often times those off shoot projects end up being worth it! Your tunic looks awesome so far!! I love the color and fabric choice. I am so looking forward to seeing more!!

@ FinalEVA: Me too! I can hardly wait! Although it will be here before we even know it. I just hope I can finish everything in time.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #10074
Ilafatyu
That guy

Hey everyone, what's up? I'm going to be making two LoZ cosplays, Brawl!Shiek for me and OoT!Link for my partner in crime. Not the most unusual of costumes, yeah, but we're a couple of noobs with limited budgets.

I do have a question, though... Does anyone have any suggestions for making chainmail without actually making chainmail? Something that looks the part without being heavy or overly difficult to make would be great. Doesn't have to be perfect, but anything's better than the 'dye netted fabric' plan I have so far.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #10075
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

FinalEVA: Thanks a lot, I'm grateful for any help! Ah ya! I'm good friends with Liliana & MDA, including Nefer~ small world, haha. I think you'll be able to make an awesome Link, and I'm looking forward to your remake & trance Zidane. You have clean lines, and pay attention to small detail. Your costumes look awesome. I'm glad the foam hat was useful to someone too! I had a heck of a hard time doing it otherwise. Sewing is not my strong point...

Seifer-sama: Aww thanks! Will your Goddess group project mostly be posted on Facebook? I'd like to keep up to date on it, but I don't have a FB account, so I'll have to bookmark the page otherwise.

Ilafatyu: I've seen some people knit their chainmail with yarn, and it turned out pretty nice in photos (it's also warmer for winter cons, while metal heats up in summer, and feels like you're wearing a fridge in winter). Since you're weaving loops, it looks more realistic too. If knitting or crochet isn't your thing though, some fabric patterns can be used, you might want a more dull colour, rather than shiny though, so it doesn't reflect too much in photo. I actually have a dull grey, that I use for long distance trips (airports don't like chainmail.. go figure), you could even layer your net fabric on top of that, so it looks like it has texture.

Upcoming...
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Hanzo (Samurai Warriors 3)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #10076
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Ilafatyu: That's the question I should've asked months ago, hahaha. Making your own chainmail is fun but is ridiculously time-consuming, expensive, and heavy to boot. (When I get Link done, I'm going to be wearing nearly 20 of metal... ugh.)

I'd think crocheting would be a good bet, since it'd give you that good 'looped' texture but still be light and flexible. Apparently, chainmail patterned fabric exists as well?
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #10077
Ilafatyu
That guy

You have no idea how awesome it is to hear that knitting is an option. The to-be Link cosplayer is in the process of learning how to knit, so she can make her own badang chainmail. Thanks a ton.

Just think, Stars. When you finish Link, you'll be battle-ready.

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #10078
Seifer-sama

@ Ilafatyu: So for chain mail, I have seen people fake it with netting/mesh fabric, which works in a pinch. I have also seen people use plastic rings, linking them together like regular mail and just painting them, which really helps with the weight issue... And then you have the crazy/cool people who make it themselves the old fashioned way. I am sure there are tons of videos on Youtube or the internet in general that can help you with that, if you choose to go that direction. As for Brawl Sheik, if that's who the mail is for, I used a mesh fabric for mine and I thought it looked pretty close to the trophy. Good luck to you and post pictures please!!

@ HylianKnight: Thank you so much for your interest. Unfortunately all we can do right now is Facebook. We would love to have an actual website for the group, but we are still looking around for someone who would be willing to help us build it. We know next to nothing about code, otherwise we would do that ourselves.

Cosplay Update: I made some great progress on the TP cloak this weekend. I have all but two of the hourglasses finished on the front, then it's time for the real monster, the back. :P Hopefully I will have pictures soon.

EDIT: I managed to finally finish painting the updated Zant armor. Here's a shot of the head for you guys: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3347872/c_1/#3207878

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 02-06-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Unread 02-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #10079
Ilafatyu
That guy

Seifer: It's for the both of us, actually. I was hoping we could use the same method, but my Link seems unwilling to make the mail, so... Crochet it is. She gets the crappy first attempt, I get the better-practiced second go.
Your Zant is crazyballs awesome, by the way. Great texture/sheen/whatever you call it.

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #10080
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

Thought I'd poke my head in and show you guys what I've been up to. I was thrilled with how my Zelda costume turned out, but still wanted to finish up details I hadn't gotten around to - like, the sword.

I decided to do it as simply + economically as possible, and I'm really thrilled with the results so far. (Here's the progress pic.) I've got the rest of the hilt sculpted, it's just awaiting its paint before I put it on.

Also redid the bodice, so hopefully the costume's gonna be worthy of a real photoshoot soon. ^^ Looking forward to it.

You guys's projects seem to be going well. @seifersama, I'm quite excited about your goddess trio, that's a fantastic idea.
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote