Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Exagie
Let it Go

FM-Anime Wigs?

Hello all. I recently purchased a Karuta Roromiya wig for Katsucon from FM-Anime about a week or so ago. It's my first time ordering there, and I'm a little cautious about whether it'll be here before the 14th or not. Have any of you had experience with their store?

~Exagie
-OVA!Alois Trancy ~ Kuroshitsuji II OVA
-Peter Pan ~ Peter Pan
-Misaki Mei ~ Another

Works in Progress
-Karuta Roromiya ~ Inu x Boku SS
-Echo ~ Pandora Hearts
-Sayaka - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
-Alois Trancy - Kuroshitsuji II
Exagie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
naruto_kh_fan

I've ordered from there a few times, and processing has always taken a while. It may take around a month to receive your order, so it helps to order at least a couple of months in advance.
naruto_kh_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
ladderowl

My friend bought lots of things from them, including wigs and costumes. Their wigs are always great quality, but expensive, and they arrived in time :3
However it's not always the same with their costumes. They're also very good quality but the 2nd she ordered arrived about 3 weeks late for the convention. We still don't know what the problem is. :I

That was probably a 1 time thing though, so don't worry, that won't happen to you. Just wait and see :]
ladderowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
bakarasu
half asleep

I've been buying from them for quite a while already and their products (wigs and cosplays) are really well made. And they offer a 5% off coupon for when you send photos back of you wearing their cosplays (which are exclusively used for their blog's photo gallery).

The only downsides I have with them is the communication process (sometimes, can take days to reply) and I don't think they don't allow exclusion of some parts of a cosplay since one time I asked if they could excluse the white dress shirt for my cosplay but still was included in my order. ''orz

Also, it's advisable not to order from them around Late December-February because of Chinese New Year holidays. The shop closes and takes a two-week break. So, if you need a cosplay around that time, do it early.

Otakon 2013 (August 9-11)
Tsunemori Akane (Psycho Pass)
William Twining (Makai Ouji)
Isana Yashiro (Project [K]) - alternative/back-up
bakarasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

I've bought wigs from FM-Anime before and I can tell you right now, this season is usually the busiest time of the year since there are many cons that start around the warmer seasons so you have a lot of people either purchasing wigs or cosplays last second/around the time they know will be enough tojust make it in time for their con. Just yesterday the wig my boyfriend bought is finally being sent in the mail, although it took a month for them to do. Despite this bit. Their wigs are definitely worth it.

Also be aware that they have a notice on their wig section: Handling time: 1 month or over (if you can't wait, please do not make an order. We not accept cancel order and refund after you confirm your order.)

You could always talk to their customer service representative Venus about your urgency to get the wig, but keep in mind that like other people have said she doesn't usually get back to people right away.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote