Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 120 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #5176
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I think that a phone is pretty big gift for 4 months of dating...
And honesty, if he actually broke up because they didn't talk enough on the phone knowing her phone was dead, then he's not that bright.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #5177
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Lol, I'm not saying the guy should buy a super expensive phone. She has the service under a family plan already, just no phone. A cheapy $30 phone should be more than enough. Even for like a Christmas present. At least my friend isn't upset about it though, just sort of really pissed
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #5178
Khorrupt

Here comes the really cliche I'm-upset-with-my-friend rant.

So, me and my friends have kind of an unspoken no-bullshit agreement, and with that comes a lot of, er, liberation? In the sense that, if one of my friends is pissing me off, I'll just simply tell them, "Hey, dude, dial it down" and they're cool with it. If I'm pissing off one of my friends, they just tell me, and it's whatever -- I would SO much rather a friend tell me that they're annoyed or frustrated with me for x reasons rather than that whole "we're just awkwardly avoiding eachother" thing start. So I guess you could say that, despite the fact that my friends are 95% female, we don't do the very typically female backstabbing thing; if we've got a problem, we just say it, and worst we'll call eachother stupid names and be done with the arguement. The no-bullshit method has kept all of us friends for a pretty long time now, so I'm A-OK with it.

But I have this one friend who isn't part of my circle of friends, so to speak, because he doesn't live here. He knows virtually all of my aforementioned friends, and so he's kind of picked up on the general no-bullshit policy, and although we've been friends for only about two years, I would say that we both know eachother a lot better than any of either of our other friends, since generally when we talk, it's not just benal chit-chat, and we're actually having a conversation; we usually talk every day, or at least every other day, or at the bare minimum, three times a week, since we're pretty damn good friends but I don't ever get to "see" him, so to speak. (We Skype.)

Lately, however, it seems like he's avoiding me. He doesn't answer my texts (which doesn't really bother me; neither of us are particularly phone-savvy, although it wouldn't kill him to answer me once in a while), he instantly goes offline on Facebook when I get online, and he always has his Skype set to "invisible" so he knows when I'm online but I can't tell when he is. It's SO frustrating, since he's my best friend, I obviously would like to talk to him as frequently as I used to get to. Whenever I would get seriously wrapped up in something that would restrict free time, he would always badger me about getting online so we can just talk, and whether it was something important or not, I'd make the sacrifice of putting it down. Because he's my best friend, and if he "needs" to talk about something or he's frustrated and just wants to rant, it's my job to be there to listen to him, right?

Well, where's the reciprocity? I'm not saying he's a bad friend at all, but lately, every time I DO manage to catch him online, he'll just say "Oh, I'm busy" or "Oh, sorry, I'm with a friend right now, can't talk." I am legitimately upset about this. It used to be that we'd have seven hour conversations daily, and one of my real life friend's mothers even jokingly started saying "Oh yeah, David, Lily's internet boyfriend."

The last time I talked to him, we only talked for an hour and a half, and that was over a week ago. The last time before that was just after Christmas, and so I am getting SO fed up with this. I don't know if maybe I pissed him off in some way, or maybe he just doesn't really have time for me anymore; I AM an "internet friend", after all. And you know what? I WOULD apologize to him if I pissed him off, but he won't tell me what it is I did, if it was anything, and I could accept the latter, even though I wouldn't want to. But one thing that you do not do if you're friends with me is beat around the bush; I simply CANNOT stand it, and it's literally keeping me up at night.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #5179
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

My eyesight...is being utterly stupid again.

I swear.

I go to do my classes, it's next to impossible for me to get things correct when I can't tell what's what. Everything kind of blurs together...or is too small...or I misread it. I could deal with it when it was just making it hard to read much online or be able to go through manga online but now that it's screwing with my schoolwork, I have to figure out how to fix it.

It's borderline ridiculous.

No wonder so many typos keep happening...I don't see them.
>.<

And to add to that...I seem to have picked up a nervous tic. My anxiety flares up and I find myself managing to scratch holes into my skin. I don't even have nails.

This is so stupid and it's keeping me awake.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.Ē

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #5180
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
it's literally keeping me up at night.
That's not a good place to be in.

I know this on a personal level.

What I've come to find is that when your relationship with someone goes to that point, where your life becomes unhinged because of your relationship with them, that maybe you need a break from one another.

Sometimes online friendships can become a little bit obsessive in subtle ways we don't really notice. You said your last conversation was 'only' an hour and a half long but that's actually quite a lengthy time to speaking non-stop with someone. It may seem like nothing if you've been having 7 hour long chats with them everyday of the week, but it really is a pretty substantial chunk of time.

What I am saying is coming from personal experiences with different people over the years and my relationships with other people are clearly not going to be the same as yours.

You mentioned that he goes 'offline' when you come on facebook, perhaps you could try to just send him a personal message to the effect of:

"Hey X.
Haven't spoken to you in a while! Seems like everyone's getting busy these days. Anyway I just wanted to see how you where doing, anything new going on? Talk to you later
"

Your leaving the door open for your friend to respond, you are saying that on his time and in his own way he can send you back a message without the expectation of being forced into a lengthy conversation. Your not accusing him of ignoring you, your not saying you suspect he's angry or any of that. It's just a casual short message.

You may find that something big could be happening in his life or he just wanted some space from you, and that's okay. Sometimes we need space alone from even our best of friends, it doesn't mean we don't like them anymore or like them any less but when you spend all your time with someone it get's the point where one person is just going to burn out and need their space.

He might need that kind of alone time from you right now, so letting him know your still interested in the friendship and leaving the door open for him to communicate on his own time may take the pressure off him to be in a constant hour long chat with you. He might need time away from you to 'wind down' from what sounds like a pretty active friendship.

If you make the effort, like sending him a message for example, and find that nothing comes of it then you may just have to accept that you aren't getting resolution with him. It doesn't always happen. We can't always close the book on a good note. It really stinks not to know the why of things, but after more times goes on and you become occupied with other endeavors and people in your life his choice to be absent will be less hurtful and just 'one of those things' that happens in life.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #5181
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

1. Dad. Get my fucking car fixed. Now. I've waited 5 months, and I need my car to work so I can get my license, a job, and so I can stop bothering you and Mom for rides and money. I'm sorry that you are too pigheaded to fathom someone else fixing something, but instead of doing anything productive to it besides buy a new battery (which was only 1/3 of the problem) you just sit around and watch TV when you get home. If you have time to watch 4 hours of TV, you have time to fix my car or send it somewhere to get fixed. Like, I don't know, the mechanic 3 blocks away?

2. Walmart. Organize your bras correctly. I have an odd size, (34DD) and I don't feel like spending all day sifting through shelves of unorganized bras only to find that none of them fit. Put all of the A's in one section, the B's in the next, and so on. It's not that hard of a concept.

3. Bitch in my class, don't you fucking grab my best friend and bitch her out about "harassing your little sister". Your sister RAN UP to us when we were walking down the street to talk to us. If she didn't want to talk to us or didn't like us, she wouldn't have done so. It's not my bff's fault your sister has a sweet, friendly personality, unlike your ugly one, which also happens to match your face.
And no. You cannot call the cops on her for "harassment" when no one is being harassed and both parties are genuinely enjoying each others' company. That's called LYING, you spoiled bitch.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #5182
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Why don't you call the auto shop yourself?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #5183
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

This is a REALLY minor one compared to a lot of yours, but it grates at my nerves..

I am sick of people acting disgusted and making passive-aggressive comments at me when I so much as MENTION the word Homestuck. Let it be a piece of fanart I like, a comment about the characters, or a potential cosplay plan, I still get treated like this series and fandom is the plague. Yes, there are bad apples in the series. It's because kids as young as 9 and 10 (I know this from my friends' little brothers) stumble across it and find it funny, and, in general, a lot of the fans are teenagers. Teenagers and some adults act stupid. Then there's the issue that anybody who doesn't know the snarky and vulgar tone of the series thinks that the fans interacting is people legitimately being rude assholes to each other, and when some fans (stupidly, might I say) act this way towards people who don't know the series, it leaves a bad taste in that person's mouth about it. I get it, I've been there, and I realize they have a bad rep.

But that doesn't give you any right to be rude to me for just mentioning the goddamned thing. If I act rude through the series or because of it to you, talk to me about it, I'll apologize. If I haven't, you don't have any reason to say anything to me about it. It wouldn't be so annoying if I didn't post about it that often, either. I don't, because, thing is, I'm not really all that into it. The characters are interesting (..most of them), designing outfits for them is fun, and roleplaying is nice, but to me, being a fan of it is being actively involved in the series and fanbase. I am neither aside from commenting on other peoples' costumes and having some clothing from the official store. I've said this on Facebook 100 times and I'll say it again here..90% of the reason I even care about Homestuck is because my friends love it. I would not have even started to give it a chance if my girlfriend hadn't shown interest in it. Then my friends started being into it, and I started befriending people that liked it..now it's basically the main fandom and cause of jokes within my group of friends at school, so, to avoid the situation of not being into it that caused me to be cripplingly lonely and left out when the same thing happened with Hetalia, I end up liking it too. I have my reasons for liking it and I've never intentionally been rude to or tried to offend you with anything involving the series, so PLEASE get off my back about it. =_=
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #5184
Lithium Flower
Handphones

It's just the popular thing now;

If somethings popular you devour it to gain it's powers.

But no really, it's kind of a shame that hating something for the sake of it's popularity is a 'thing' because I believe there's plenty of objectionable elements in some popular entertainment that can be addressed in a really interesting thoughtful way. Just not with eye rolls and snark.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #5185
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Friend was supposed to go to con with me, I have been ditched for her boyfriend. This isn't the first time. I'm done. ._.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #5186
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Go to the con with the adorable chicken in your avatar. I bet she's a better friend anyway.

Or come spend the weekend at Brando's and Emmer's castle of majestic majesty. We can play Skyrim and rob everyone blind.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #5187
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have a little TARDIS on my bookbag. It's plush and it "talks" when you squeeze it.

Today on the bus back to the parking lot a kid on the bus saw it and asked me "Do even you even WATCH Doctor Who or did you just think that was cute. I bet you don't even know what that is."
To which I responded: "Actually, I DO watch Doctor Who. I love the TARDIS, or as she prefers to be called 'sexy'." And then I went back to texting my mom.

He went "humph" and went back to his iPod.

I think I was accused of being a fake geek girl.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #5188
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I have a little TARDIS on my bookbag. It's plush and it "talks" when you squeeze it.

Today on the bus back to the parking lot a kid on the bus saw it and asked me "Do even you even WATCH Doctor Who or did you just think that was cute. I bet you don't even know what that is."
To which I responded: "Actually, I DO watch Doctor Who. I love the TARDIS, or as she prefers to be called 'sexy'." And then I went back to texting my mom.

He went "humph" and went back to his iPod.

I think I was accused of being a fake geek girl.
I think you where accused of being a fake geek girl by a little kid.

THEY SURE START EARLY EH?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #5189
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Well, by kid I meant like 18 year old college boy. So, the emotional maturity of a seven year old.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #5190
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I think you where accused of being a fake geek girl by a little kid.

THEY SURE START EARLY EH?
Technically they'd have to regress back to the "Eww, girls have cooties!" stage if they didn't.

EDIT: ^ There we go then.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote