Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 01-30-2013, 03:29 AM   #1
gravez

Wisconsin cosplay group

Hello there, my friend, Kiernan and I have pretty much settled on several ideas for the group, now we're just looking to expand, considering it's only us two at the moment. We also already have several cmv and cosplay parody ideas as well as other ideas in general to start off with. Other than that we're mostly just looking for other cosplayers to hang out, talk, and just have a good time with/together.
Annd, I'm quite horrid at this, I don't really know what else to say ><
Ahh, yes... our cosplays to date:
My cosplays- Itachi Uchiha, Beyond Birthday, (closet cosplay) Undertaker, (two) Ciel Phantomhive, (possibly) Lady Ciel/Robin raver

Kiernan's cosplays- (possibly) Miku raver, Part Poison, Revenge Frank, Skeleton Gerard, L, (partial) Naruto

plus we both have a lot of closet cosplays of original characters.

Unread 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
girlinthestars
Lunarex

Hi! Uh, can I join? I've always wanted to be in a group but I have a hard time going up to people at conventions to talk sometimes. Socially awkward sometimes ^^ hehe.
Well, I'm Lauren. I've gone to Geek.kon and Anime Central (I don't know what part of Wisconsin you're looking for) I've cosplayed Riku from Kingdom Hearts, Hikaru from Ouran, Neku from the World Ends With You, Yumi from Code Lyoko, and I will be cosplaying Merida from Brave. I'm not that great and I've only been cosplaying for 3 years as of this month.
Hope we can be friends!

Next Costumes

Recent Completed Costumes
Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
girlinthestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
gravez

Absolutely, of course ^^ Kiernan and I are pretty much the exact same way >< and I've always just been a naturally shy person. Anyways, it's lovely to meet you Lauren ^^ We don't really have any limits as to where in Wisconsin, however at the current moment neither of us has a driver's licence, but after this upcoming con, we'll be putting our effort into that. We live in Fond du Lac. I'm not familiar with "The World Ends With You" or "Code Lyoko" but Hikaru <3 ahh! wicked awesome. You look like a great cosplayer, by the way, besides cosplay is mostly about enjoying yourself, right? I'm not sure about how long Kiernan has been cosplaying, I personally just started about 6-8 months, give or take.
Kiernan has gone to Kitsune kon. I've been to Geekkon (2012) and we're both going to Anime Milwaukee. I'm also going to try to see if I can get to ACen, Kitsune kon, and perhaps a few others.
sorry that was really long ><
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
girlinthestars
Lunarex

I have a drivers liscence, but considering I'm still a minor and on probationary, I won't be driving very far away. (Parents) Haha, Fond du lac is 2 hours away from me. >.< I live about an hour away from Madison. (Not going to give my hometown in the thread, but its on my profile. It is very small) The World Ends With you is a really good video Game and Code Lyoko is a kids show I used to watch when I was younger. Its from like France I think. I won't be going to Anime Milwaukee because I have a showchoir invitational in Fort Atkinson that Saturday and its short notice. So far, I haven't gone to any besides the two. I was going to Anime Detour in Minnesota, but those plans went down the drain when I realized I would be in New York that weekend. *sigh* Life always gets in the way. :/
Hehe, Nice to meet you!

Next Costumes

Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
gravez

That makes sense. Well, within the near future either Kiernan or I will be able to travel when needed. Life always seems to slam you with surprises >< But even so, that sounds quite interesting.
Unread 12-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
girlinthestars
Lunarex

So I sorta forgot about this thread, sorry. You guys going to Kitsune Kon this year?

Next Costumes

Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
Unread 12-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #7
Elsinora
Ph.D in Horribleness

I'm from Milwaukee and will be at Anime Milwaukee this year--my first outing as a cosplayer! Are you going to be there?
Shuhe/Tabard/Bracers/Boots/Hat/Wig/Scar Makeup
Light Yagami--Death Note, "Tactics"
[b]Tracksuit[b]/Hat/Wig/Dress Shoes
Eren Jaeger--Shingeki no Kyojin, "Can't Look Into His Eyes"
Shirt/Pants/Wig/Boots/Bruise and Blood Makeup
Elsinora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
girlinthestars
Lunarex

Me? Unfortunately, I won't this year. I always have a show choir invitational in Fort Atkinson that always lands on that weekend. I've heard its a lot of fun though.

Next Costumes

Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #9
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

@girlinthestars,
Not to sound strange, but were you at Geek.Kon 2013? I could be mistaken, but you look reeeaaallllyyy familiar.

.:Currently working on:.
Gackpoid (Episode.0) 100%
Ling Tong (Dynasty Warriors 8) 80%

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ

Last edited by ZeRO-LESS- : 06-19-2014 at 08:40 PM.
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #10
Ayekasong
Gaming Addict

Woot woot, more Wisconsin cosplayers! I'll be at Kitsune and Geek.Kon this year, for sure!

If any of you are local to Madison, there is Madison Area Costuming Society, affiliated with the ICG. We love everyone, and newbies are welcome. We actually have meetings and stuff, but mostly we just talk shop (how do you do this, how was "X" con, etc, etc).

Next up: Geek.Kon
Cons for 2014 - Kitsune Kon :: Costume Con :: Geek.Kon :: Archon

Publicity head for Costume Con 2016 (Madison, WI). Interested? Ask me questions!
Ayekasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
girlinthestars
Lunarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
@girlinthestars,
Not to sound strange, but were you at Geek.Kon 2013? I could be mistaken, but you look reeeaaallllyyy familiar.
I was! Maybe we met. I was Merida in the masquerade and on Saturday and I was Peter Pan on Friday and Sunday. (And princess Peter on Friday night:P)

@Ayekasong I live down in Green County and I asked about the Madison Area Costuming Guild a couple years ago but I never went because I was only 14 year old. When do you meet?

Next Costumes

Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
Unread 01-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinthestars View Post
I was! Maybe we met. I was Merida in the masquerade and on Saturday and I was Peter Pan on Friday and Sunday. (And princess Peter on Friday night:P)
Huh, you looked just like a Hakuōki cosplayer I was talking to... Now don't tell me I'm as bad with faces as I am with age! P: Oh!! I remember that, you were awesome in the Masquerade! Btw, I was Ciel Phantomhive on Friday, Saitō Hajime on Saturday, and honestly don't remember if I cosplayed on Sunday. Also carried a huge BJD part of the time. :P

And does anyone know the attendance numbers of Kitsune Kon? Is is the same size as Geek.Kon, larger, smaller? Just wondering.

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ

Last edited by ZeRO-LESS- : 01-02-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #13
girlinthestars
Lunarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
Huh, you looked just like a Hakuōki cosplayer I was talking to... Now don't tell me I'm as bad with faces as I am with age! P: Oh!! I remember that, you were awesome in the Masquerade! Btw, I was Ciel Phantomhive on Friday, Saitō Hajime on Saturday, and honestly don't remember if I cosplayed on Sunday. Also carried a huge BJD part of the time. :P

And does anyone know the attendance numbers of Kitsune Kon? Is is the same size as Geek.Kon, larger, smaller? Just wondering.

haha, no worries. I'm bad with faces and names sometimes too. Thanks! It means a lot. I am so proud of Merida. -^_^- I don't know if I saw you or not. ^^"

And I have absolutely no idea about Kitsune Kon, I haven't been there before. XD I'm gonna guess its Geek.kon's size, but we should probably get that from someone whose been there.

Next Costumes

Minnie Mouse
Periwinkle

DeviantArt
Facebook
My Facebook Page
Tumblr
Unread 01-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #14
Ayekasong
Gaming Addict

Kitsune Kon is a little bit smaller than Geek.Kon...I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think the attendance last year was around 1200 for Kitsune, and over 2000 for Geek.Kon. They are both very fun, though.

@girlinthestars, MACS meets on the third Monday of every month at Westgate Mall in Madison. This month I believe it is on the 20th, at 7 pm. We also have a Facebook page, Twitter account, and yahoo group, if you can't make it, but are interested!

Next up: Geek.Kon
Cons for 2014 - Kitsune Kon :: Costume Con :: Geek.Kon :: Archon

Publicity head for Costume Con 2016 (Madison, WI). Interested? Ask me questions!
Ayekasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

@girlinthestars,
Probably not. I don't usually stay on the conventuon floor for more than a few hours at a time. ^^" And no problem! That's a really amazing wig. Unless that's your real hair, then you have really amazing hair.

@Ayekasong,
Aah, thank you!

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ