Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 01-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
LolitaRevenge

Lightbulb Dialogue and Walk-ons?

I am planning to do a walk on but i have a question, you know when people do walk-ons and they pose with music behind them?
I want to do the same thing BUT i want to add the voice of the character from the game
I'm going to cosplay Catwoman from Arkham City and would like to know if i can do a walk on and mouth some words that are edited into the audio that i would have?
Is that still considered a walk on?
I know if i try to record myself i would sound terrible (no acting skills) and would prefer the voice of the game to have it seem more real, as if it really came from the game.
i've never seen this in a masquerade and im not sure if adding the voice would have it still be a walk on? plz help??
LolitaRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Ask the director of the convention where you want to do this.

Seriously.

There is no universal standard. Some cons strictly define walk-ons as 'NO you do NOTHING except walk on, pose, and walk off. NOTHING ELSE.' Other cons define walk-ons as anything that doesn't include interactive dialogue, dance, or fight choreography. Others fall everywhere on the spectrum between. Only the director of the masquerade at that con can tell you what they do and don't consider a walk-on. And even then, it only matters if the contest strictly delineates walk-ons from skits for the purpose of different rules, different awards, etc. Which I find patently unfair but that's an argument for another thread another day.

If you ask and they don't care what you call it and there's no real reason for there to be a difference between calling it a walk-on versus a skit versus...whatever else they want to call it, then don't fret the details.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
LolitaRevenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp View Post
Ask the director of the convention where you want to do this.

Seriously.

There is no universal standard. Some cons strictly define walk-ons as 'NO you do NOTHING except walk on, pose, and walk off. NOTHING ELSE.' Other cons define walk-ons as anything that doesn't include interactive dialogue, dance, or fight choreography. Others fall everywhere on the spectrum between. Only the director of the masquerade at that con can tell you what they do and don't consider a walk-on. And even then, it only matters if the contest strictly delineates walk-ons from skits for the purpose of different rules, different awards, etc. Which I find patently unfair but that's an argument for another thread another day.

If you ask and they don't care what you call it and there's no real reason for there to be a difference between calling it a walk-on versus a skit versus...whatever else they want to call it, then don't fret the details.
Alright thank you for your help ^u^
LolitaRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote