Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MegaCon

Unread 02-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
JFBount
President of Hyperion

Borderlands 2013 (Butt Stallion Approved Thread)

Hey guys! I'm really excited for Megacon this year! On Saturday I'm going to be doin one of my new cosplays for the year... Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2! I'm so stoked to be Jack this year I've even memorized some of his classic lines and stories (like the spoon story) to use at the con!

I just wanted to make a quick Borderlands thread to see if there are any Borderlands faithful on coscom that are attending Mega and dressing up from the game! I can't wait to see all the awesome cosplays this year and definitely be on the lookout for Hyperion's most beloved Psychopath there on Saturday

"... Butt Stallion says hello"

-Update- As users keep updating the thread I'll try to keep an accurate character list up so we can see who's all showing up to the con in Borderlands Cosplay. It looks like Saturday is going to be the day the most of us will be doing Borderlands so we'll make that the official day if we happen to organize a photoshoot or meetup time

So far we have these characters coming out for Saturday:

Jack x2
Moxxi x3
Zed (maybe)
Tiny Tina
Axton x2
Salvador
Lilith x2
Mordecai
Roland
Maya
Sheriff of Lynchwood
So Han’s walking down the halls of Bespin with his old friend Lando. Leia’s there, and lookin’ good. Han thinks he’s off to dinner - maybe some wine, a little flirting, and then back to the ol’ guest quarters with Her Hotness. But the door opens, and there’s Vader. ...Han doesn’t look at Lando; he doesn’t duck or run. What does Han do?

He starts shooting at the bastard.

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.

Last edited by JFBount : 03-08-2013 at 01:31 AM.
JFBount is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
nathancarter
Victor Voyeur Photography

In to see your meetup times so I can swing by with mah camera. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the DC and Steampunk meetups.

http://flickr.com/nathancarter
https://www.facebook.com/VictorVoyeur
MetroCon - CONjure - Dragon Con - MegaCon
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

My husband and I have Borderlands 1 costumes, Dr Zed and Mad Moxxi. We haven't finalized what costumes we will be bringing along with us this year, we had tended last year to be the final time wearing our borderlands costumes buuuut maybe we'll give them one last wear. I'll talk to my husband and see if he's willing to wear Zed again.
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Not this year...but maybe next, I'll have Tiny Tina for myself and Zero for my boyfriend, but not this year! Look forward to seeing the Borderlands cosplay though!

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #5
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

I know two people who have finished their Borderlands cosplays for Megacon this year (very good Axton and a Lilith). Sadly I don't have time to make one myself

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
JFBount
President of Hyperion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
Not this year...but maybe next, I'll have Tiny Tina for myself and Zero for my boyfriend, but not this year! Look forward to seeing the Borderlands cosplay though!
Janet why oh why can I see you pulling off Tiny Tina like a champion ? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathancarter View Post
In to see your meetup times so I can swing by with mah camera. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the DC and Steampunk meetups.
I didn't have a meetup time setup unfortunately. I made the thread ultimately to see how many others were doing Borderlands since I'm only doing it on Saturday. If there happens to be a big turnout however I may have to reconsider and think of a time for all of us to meet.

As Megacon gets closer we'll see how things turn out. If there's enough interest we'll actually get some real planning for a big group meetup ^_^ ... Also Jade you got a month and some change til mega... YOU CAN DO IT!! JOIN US!! =D (lol that's barely enough time for what some of my friends have in the works ... who am I kidding haha)
So Han’s walking down the halls of Bespin with his old friend Lando. Leia’s there, and lookin’ good. Han thinks he’s off to dinner - maybe some wine, a little flirting, and then back to the ol’ guest quarters with Her Hotness. But the door opens, and there’s Vader. ...Han doesn’t look at Lando; he doesn’t duck or run. What does Han do?

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.

Last edited by JFBount : 02-05-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

oooh I forgot! 2 of my cosplay friends are going to Megacon as Mordecai and Roland. They're trying to get a group together for Saturday I think they said.. I'll link them here.
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
JFBount
President of Hyperion

Cool! I'll keep updating the character list as the days proceed to get closer to Megacon. We almost have a full Borderlands 1 cast from the looks of it (missing Brick). Keep it up guys this might actually turn into something big ^_^

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
Unread 02-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
JFBount
President of Hyperion

I've got a couple of friends telling me that their friends along with themselves are doin Borderlands this year. This group is actually getting pretty serious!! /excitement

Keep checking the first post since I'll be editing it periodically as soon as I hear about new additions to the amount of people joining the BL Cosplaying fray!

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
Unread 02-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Husband and I have decided to bring along our Borderlands costumes but we're not sure if we'll be in them whenever everyone wanted to do a group photo shoot. I'm planning on entering the Anime costume contest on Saturday, it hasn't been finalized yet.

Also currently I have the red dress version of Moxxi but if I get my other costumes done in time I plan on doing her purple dress version. (unless the other Moxxis going are doing purple, then I'll stay in red)
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
AshleyV
KiraRhian Cosplay

I'm working on Moxxi's purple outfit for MegaCon while my boyfriend is going as Salvador. We are planning on wearing ours on Friday becuase I have the DC shoot on Saturday.

Facebook / Tumblr / DevianArt
AshleyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #12
nathancarter
Victor Voyeur Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBount View Post
I didn't have a meetup time setup unfortunately. I made the thread ultimately to see how many others were doing Borderlands since I'm only doing it on Saturday. If there happens to be a big turnout however I may have to reconsider and think of a time for all of us to meet.
My Steampunk group is at 10am and the DC photoshoot is at 2pm - so if you do noon-ish or later afternoon, I'll show up with my camera and lights for some portraits and a group shot.

The Universal (that is, non-Anime) costume contest is at 3:30 and the Anime costume contest is 4:30.

http://flickr.com/nathancarter
https://www.facebook.com/VictorVoyeur
MetroCon - CONjure - Dragon Con - MegaCon

Last edited by nathancarter : 02-12-2013 at 03:06 PM.
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
Scavenge

Hey there,

This is the cosplayer that is doing Mordecai on Saturday.
I'm doing Borderlands 2 style. -still constantly working on the cosplay because it's such a pain...- D:
My friend is doing Roland.
I've actually created a group over on Facebook regarding who's doing the Borderlands group for photos and casual walk around the con and such.
Hope to see a lot of cosplayers on Saturday!
Scavenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #14
JFBount
President of Hyperion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathancarter View Post
My Steampunk group is at 10am and the DC photoshoot is at 2pm - so if you do noon-ish or later afternoon, I'll show up with my camera and lights for some portraits and a group shot.

The Universal (that is, non-Anime) costume contest is at 3:30 and the Anime costume contest is 4:30.
I'm pretty sure myself and the Axton and Moxxi I'll be showing up with will be in our cosplays all day. If anything we can try to start rounding everyone up at noon and see where we go from there ? I'll have to discuss it with all the BL cosplayers I know of personally to make sure.

What times are everyone else free for Borderlands cosplay if they were planning more than 1 costume for saturday ?

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
AnaAesthetic

OH HAI THREAD. Dunno if you have my crew down, but I'm bringing out Lilith and we've got a Moxxi and Maya! Looking forward to seeing everyone!! Also, can we meet up earlyish? I gotta jet at 5. D=
AnaAesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote