Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 02-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
RivenRae
Knit-Wit Extraordinaire

Pre-Workout Regimen Prep?

(AS OF 2/5/13)

Female, 16
5'5", 124lbs.
Considerably healthy diet (*needs to remember to start keeping track of daily calorie intake*), but pretty much NO exercise.

I'll admit, I've never been particularly motivated when it comes to working out and keeping my body in shape. I have a high metabolism, and simply not being fat has been fine with me for the majority of my life.

However, I really want to work to make a change in this. In April, my mother and I are planning on getting a gym membership to a local gym that's within walking distance from our house. We plan to go several times a week, and we're actually going to /keep/ to the schedule we put together.

Unfortunately, for the next few months I'm going to have to limit my mobility severely, as my right foot is being operated on for a calcified hematoma removal. By the time the gym memberships go on sale in April, it should just about be time for me to be up and about like normal again. Is there anything I can do (in terms of diet, supplements, etc.) to help prepare my body in the meantime, while I'm on crutches and stuck with limited mobility? :/

(My mother has been on and off a hardcore diet for years now, so we're always stocked up on protein shakes/supplements/etc.)
RivenRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Ashlen Rose

Hey there!

I wish I had a high metabolism, lucky ducky!! I have tried numerous different workouts and diets (p90x) and what not and I found that none of them worked for me. I did see small changes but because I was to lazy to follow the diet plan there were no major changes.

I HIGHLY recommend you check out Cassey Ho who is an amazing trainer. Her blog/website offers tons of advice, FREE WORKOUTS, and meal plans that I can actually keep up with. She has changed my whole outlook on being in shape. Its not about dieting its about a healthy lifestyle change.

Weightloss and toning is actually 20% workout and 80% what you eat! To start prepping yourself for the gym, the best thing I would recommend is if you aren't eating as good as you want to start eating even better. Strip out processed food, STEAM STEAM STEAM, the steamer is my best friend XD!! I get super lazy and that's when I eat something unhealthy cause I don't have something prepped for me to eat so I grab a burger or something fast. Make your meals a 4-5 days in advanced it helps and eat every 2-3 hours.

As for workouts you can do while you are healing, she has ones that are dedicated to certain parts of your body, so maybe focus on upper arms (those crutches will really work them :P! ) abdominals and she has some booty ones that don't put a lot of pressure on the feet! Here is the link to her site http://www.blogilates.com

I hope that helps, overall i recommend eating as healthy as possible, getting the rest your need and drinking LOTS of water. You want your body to have as much energy as possible for when you start going to the gym
Ashlen Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Krazer

You can do low impact Yoga. The stretching might even be good for your foot.
Krazer is offline   Reply With Quote