Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3612 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #19066
stiffkick80
Ooooh Yeah! *thrust*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosplayerKirito View Post
So I'm kind of interested in finding out what the community thinks about me. Who do I look like? The photo I have linked may be kind of crappy, but I'm at camp (I work in the oil field as a camp attendant so I don't have the time to make myself look good for a photo like I would if I were at home) so please, bare with me.

I really have no preference as to whom I'd cosplay, and I'd even go so far as to change my hair color, crossplay, apply make up (provided it's for crossplaying)provided I get proper tips to help me change to look more feminine for said characters. (I'm seeing crossplay as a challenge that, like all challenges, I'd like to dominate. Haha)

WITH HAT (I love wearing my hat, yeah I also have my SoundBlaster WoW headset on)

WITHOUT HAT (Hair is messy, my brush is in my shower bag. Forgive me? <3 )

So, what do you guys think?

~CosplayerKirito

First thing that popped to my mind was Ivan Vanko from Iron Man 2. Pretty complicated accessories, but I think you could pull it off well.

stiffkick80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #19067
Jessthebest

Hello! Not really a who do I looke like, but I would like to know if you think I can pull off Yuuki Cross from Vampire Knight. If you don't think I can, or believe I would look better as someone else, please say so.

Thank you!

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...05/8443533125/
Jessthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #19068
Haruhi13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessthebest View Post
Hello! Not really a who do I looke like, but I would like to know if you think I can pull off Yuuki Cross from Vampire Knight. If you don't think I can, or believe I would look better as someone else, please say so.

Thank you!

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...05/8443533125/
I think you would make a very nice Yuuki! c: You already somewhat resemble her~
Haruhi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #19069
RivenRae
Knit-Wit Extraordinaire

Hi, everyone!! :3 I'm still extremely new to cosplaying, so I figured it couldn't hurt to get some extra ideas on what kind of costumes I could wear. This is the best photo I could find of myself, though my hair is much, much shorter now.

With things that I've made or that I already have in my closet, I have only a couple of possibly wearable cosplays at the moment (all using my natural hair, which is in an awkwardly long pixie cut right now):

The Fourth Doctor - Doctor Who (this one I may have some problems with now, since my hair is no longer poofy and crazy looking)
http://www.mindpollution.org/wp-cont.../tom-baker.jpg

Marina (in her "casual" look) - Sinbad: Ledgend of the Seven Seas
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pol...39594_full.jpg

Roxanne Ritchi - Megamind
http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...ah-hill-05.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67182_409859625734439_1842469044_n.jpg (58.0 KB, 0 views)
RivenRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #19070
grellopop

Hi everyone!

So i've been going to cons for 6 years, and cosplaying Grell Sutcliff from Kuroshitsuji for 5 years (even now it's not completely finished nor as perfect as i would want the cosplay to be). I absolutely love Grell and started cosplaying him because i identified with him attitude-wise. I love doing Grell, but i've decided that i want to cosplay a little more seriously, and i want to do and make more costumes for more characters.
Now, i can't decide who the heck to cosplay. OTL
Kuroshitsuji -for me- trumps every other anime out there now!
I don't mind crossplaying (though i've never tried binding) and i'm not okay with skimpy outfits.
I don't look good with short hair/wig and blonde doesn't look good either, why? i have no idea....
Suggestions please!
I have a couple pics i can show you guys too.
Facial: https://twitter.com/i/#!/grellopop/m...com%2FQUNDqZID
Body (with a steel-boned corset, im not actually that thin lol i wish!): https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...85922210_n.jpg

So shows I'm watching/havewatched:

K
Kamisama Kiss
Blue Exorcist
D.Gray-Man
The Ultimate (<-- girl with glasses and modest clothing)
Amnesia (<-- awesome costumes in this one)
Loveless
Monochrome Factor
Fate/stay
Death Note
Naruto
Uraboku
Togainu no Chi
Vampire knight
aaaannnddddd several others, but i like newer anime better for cosplay...

I like males with long hair, i think that'd be more fun!
So any suggestions you guys have, please share them! I need to start creating the cosplay soon! I'm also working on losing weight. =)
grellopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #19071
danielvutran
prinny dood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingWolf View Post
I've cosplayed Jessica Rabbit, Yuna (FFX and FFX-2), Lenne (FFX2), Kagome (Inu Yasha), Lara Croft and Misa (Death Note). I'm trying to think of a new cosplay to do. Any suggestions?

Hopefully my pictures shows up. Never posted on here before.
i can definitely see a Lulu (FFX) from you as well! ^_^ lol
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #19072
Aleatory
They call me Lady Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidaea View Post
Hiya~ My name is Ootomu~
I've never done a true cosplay before and am looking to get started (:
I'm 4'11
okay with wigs
okay with contacts (naturally blue/green/grey eyes)
okay with crossplaying~

Here's mah face:
http://i50.tinypic.com/hsq03r.png

Thank you! o wo)b
You'd be a super adorbs Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!.
You could also pull off Flora Reinhold from the Professor Layton Games.
I think with a blue wig you could also be a suuuper cute Bulma from Dragonball and DBZ, etc. She has lots of outfits and styles, so it would be fun to look into her!
With a blonde wig I think you could also be a really sweet Himiko from the anime Btooom!
Hope this helps and if you haven't seen or played anything I've mentioned, they're all pretty cool (except Btooom! which is kind of mediocre in some aspects and mentions rape too much... but it's still cool).

Yay! Alright so, I am:
like 5'1.5"
pretty average build. wide hips, sides that nothing special
I own Red circle lenses and would prefer to use those if I could
I'm okay with wigs but I really don't like working with really long ones
Don't crossplay. Not my thing.

Me:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

I'm always lookin' for suggestions! I've been in a strange funk and don't really know what to do about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
I'mma try this once more. s:

http://i.imgur.com/6rXH5FK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wCEH8kx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8Y2HlrL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ERG8zyD.jpg

Mainly looking detailed female characters. s: Yep, I am male, but as you can see, I am practicing what I can with my makeup, and I need a character to aim for. Thanks! c:
I didn't know you were a male until I read it...

My initial thought was Amy Pond (Doctor Who), but she's not very detailed. If you're feelin' villanous, Queen Beryl from the first season of Sailor Moon is pretty cool, I think your face would suit her well. However her tighter fitting dress would mean something would need to be done about boobs and hips.

Yuuko Ichihara from XXXHolic is pretty much synonymous with "detail", her outfits are all beautiful and very detailed. She also has very many to choose from. Depending on what you choose, curves may or may not be as much of an issue. She is very gorgeous and stunning overall and I think you could pull her off.

If you're cool with showing leg, Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena is pretty awesome.

Last edited by Michi : 02-09-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: merging a triple post
Aleatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #19073
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleatory View Post
I didn't know you were a male until I read it...

My initial thought was Amy Pond (Doctor Who), but she's not very detailed. If you're feelin' villanous, Queen Beryl from the first season of Sailor Moon is pretty cool, I think your face would suit her well. However her tighter fitting dress would mean something would need to be done about boobs and hips.

Yuuko Ichihara from XXXHolic is pretty much synonymous with "detail", her outfits are all beautiful and very detailed. She also has very many to choose from. Depending on what you choose, curves may or may not be as much of an issue. She is very gorgeous and stunning overall and I think you could pull her off.

If you're cool with showing leg, Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena is pretty awesome.
Thanks for the suggestions, and lol, serious? That makes me happy to hear. xD...

Amy Pond.... she's pretty, so that's pretty nice you first thought of her. O_o... but yeah, not too detailed. Pluuuus, don't know if I would be a good red head. ...

Beryl might be hard body-wise as you said. Also, I would be a pretty short Beryl I think. x_x.... *Is only 5'6*

Oh yeah... I am liking her. Exactly the kind of stuff I want. Detailed and nice. Googling her pictures, she DOES have some nice clothes too. I will give this suggestion thought. Thanks.

A guy crossplaying a girl crossdressing. What a story to tell. Lol. I tried getting into this show, and I couldn't though, so it would be hard to do a character from a show I couldn't get into. :/.... I will say though, I don't mind showing leg at all. Heck, I have had someone tell me my legs are better than most girls. x_x....

As for you...

I can see you doing Nariko from Heavenly Sword... but she is a tad bit revealing....strike that.....very revealing. :/...

To use up the circle lenses, if you straighten your hair, you could try for an Ai Enma. She also wears kimonos.

A few others that come to mind if you straighten your hair:

I think you could also do a pretty nice Sailor Mars as well.

Sabrina from Pokemon could work too.

Another one that could work (And has red eyes too) could be Violetta from Grandia 3. However, she would probably go unrecognized by people... but hey, that scythe!

Lastly, perhaps Lulu from Final Fantasy X?

Kind of hard finding a black wavy hair match, and with the wig thing, tried avoid many wig ideas, haha. s:.... also, you remind me of a girl I went to school with too. Was sitting there looking at your image for a while saying it to myself "Why does she remind me of someone"..... kind of made it harder. xD.... probably about her height too. Your name isn't Amie by chance, right?

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #19074
CosplayerKirito
&quot;The Invisible&quot;

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffkick80 View Post
First thing that popped to my mind was Ivan Vanko from Iron Man 2. Pretty complicated accessories, but I think you could pull it off well.

That would indeed be too tough for me, so I'd have to pass on it, but it's an interesting suggestion for the future when I get better at costume making!
Heathcliff
Asuna
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Ino Yamanaka 75% (Need wig cut and styled)
Conventions Planned:
CosplayerKirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #19075
AlwaysNat01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelyn0430 View Post

Additional info:
Hair: redish black and Not very long.
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 124 Lbs

I have no problem with crossdressing.
You look EXACTLY like Mira Naigus from Soul eater!! You have her face shape. OMG.. splitting image!
AlwaysNat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #19076
Satath

Thats my picture, if you could suggest something it would be great. I don't mind wearing a wig and I went as deadpool to comic-con last year so I want to go as something more creative.
Satath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #19077
CosplayerKirito
&quot;The Invisible&quot;

@Satath If you don't mind non-anime, try Castiel from Supernatural. Either that, or go with Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass, or maybe Mugen from Samurai Champloo!
Heathcliff
Asuna
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Ino Yamanaka 75% (Need wig cut and styled)
Conventions Planned:
CosplayerKirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #19078
Ruairc

Who do I look like?
Average female, 5'6''
I'd wear a wig or get a haircut of whatever!
This shirt isn't very flattering, but I swear I'm relatively curvy!
Thanks!
Ruairc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #19079
Satath

Yeah I was thinking of Suzaku when I was drawing up ideas for costumes. I'll see if I can make/get a costume of him because his costume is pretty good. If not its back to the drawing board!
Satath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #19080
The Lady Nerd

I'm getting rather stuck in trying to figure out cosplays to do. So I'm open to suggestions of anything anime, video games, movies, TV shows, comics, etc. I'm open to any hair colour, eye colour, etc. (No male characters or anything overtly sexual Thanks! :) )

***Pictures attached below.
The Lady Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote