Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 110 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #5206
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

So, after one month of waiting and then forgetting about it since I thought I'd never get it I decided I'd call MoneyPak to ask once more about my refund-check they promised me.... Wait 35 minutes after it contentiously says "20 minutes til the next person will be available to speak to you" and I get a awesome guy. Who tells me not to worry, and says to call in 3 days if I don't get it since they'll send me another.
*check the mail*
CHECK IS RIGHT THERE. The damn 254 dollar one they owed me for a month, or rather since December 28th is in my mail box....>< And if I'm not mistaken, it says it was made in February 1st.

I don't know how to feel. I'm glad I got it, but it took SO long to get it, even if they promise it'll get to you within two weeks.

So that is one thing out of my list of what to wait for. Now to wait for my cosplay to get here. o3o

On another note: Never go to MoneyPak to put money in your Paypal. It'll give you more trouble than its worth, and just don't trust it. Even if it has the approved Paypal symbol on it. :/ Of course, Paypal still thinks I'm not me and is asking for all this information I don't want to give them.
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #5207
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Well FUCK. snip
I'm willing to bet you could cutsew it into something cute. You've got sewing skills - if nothing else, you could always cut open the too-tight neckline and refinish the edge.
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #5208
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Currently pissed at this whole Fire Emblem delay crap that's been going on. Seriously Nintendo. This is bringing back memories of me trying to wrangle a copy of Rune Factory 3 on the day of release but I couldn't GET IT ANYWHERE due to Call of Duty coming out the same day and no one gave a crap about a non-mainstream title. I did order my copy online but it still hasn't been shipped yet and I really wanted it for the weekend to play.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 02-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #5209
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Ugh, I hate when friends' parents give my friends permission to do things, but then don't say a word about rides and expect the other people to do the driving for their kid.

They knew that the rest of us made hotel reservations, but despite that seem to think that we can drive their daughter all three days of con. Of course we're willing to drive her down on Friday and back at the end on Sunday, but they said 'no' to her staying with us in the room, and magically expect her to get home at the end of each day. Apparently they don't want to drive her either, even though they gave her permission to go and she asked nicely. Seriously, what the heck?
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #5210
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I think the internet needs a lesson on how to read a dictionary because apparently no one knows what the term 'trigger' fucking means.

Being a vegan and calling pictures of hot dogs 'triggering' is bullcrap and you can go roast in a ditch.

Since when did language become so completely meaningless? It seems like words are thrown about without any consideration and manipulated to become valid for whatever situation we want to smoosh it into regardless of it's meaning or usages.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #5211
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Being a vegan and calling pictures of hot dogs 'triggering' is bullcrap and you can go roast in a ditch.
Tumblr is nuts.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #5212
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Tumblr is indeed nuts.
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #5213
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Currently pissed off at my English teacher since she wouldn't let me take a class I am very interested in. She said "She believes it's not right for me". Madam, it is the perfect class for me. >
Guo Jia [Dynasty Warrior 8]
Fem!Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Military Akira [Togainu no Chi]

Noize is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #5214
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Currently pissed at this whole Fire Emblem delay crap that's been going on. Seriously Nintendo. This is bringing back memories of me trying to wrangle a copy of Rune Factory 3 on the day of release but I couldn't GET IT ANYWHERE due to Call of Duty coming out the same day and no one gave a crap about a non-mainstream title. I did order my copy online but it still hasn't been shipped yet and I really wanted it for the weekend to play.
That happened to you, too?! I figured it was a regional thing. I wanted to cry(kinda :P) when they didn't have it at GameStop.
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #5215
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm not fond of the militant tumblr vegans
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #5216
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddeltk View Post
That happened to you, too?! I figured it was a regional thing. I wanted to cry(kinda :P) when they didn't have it at GameStop.
It's a USA thing. Canada apparently is fine. After going to Gamestop and Target yesterday and both not having it, I went on the internet and it looks like the delay is most likely Nintendo's fault. -_- Gamestop is apparently only going to have preorders tomorrow and all of the Targets near me are sold out. I really just want to buy a copy and cancel my order since it STILL hasn't been shipped yet despite today being the street date for everyone apparently.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #5217
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Currently pissed at this whole Fire Emblem delay crap that's been going on. Seriously Nintendo.
Strange, had to google the story --- I've seen several such posts about places being sold out, but no delays.

My copy was waiting for me at the game store, which is really surprising since Québec normally ends up with all the possible delays when they occur.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #5218
Khorrupt

MY FRIENDS.

So like, we're the no-bullshit gang. If something's pissing one of us off, all it takes is a "I'm getting tired of your shit, shut up" and then that's all it takes. USUALLY.

I'm tongue-tied (aka I have a very short tongue), and I have a broken gag reflex, so things like brushing my teeth make me choke really violently, and I'm sure you can guess what kind of jokes ensue when the topic is what I can't put in my mouth. And typically, it's like, whatever. But seriously -- if there's a guy in the room and you're very blantantly making jokes about how disappointed my future husband will be? You're seriously crossing a line. Like, the other day when we put on zombie makeup and went to see Warm Bodies. We had one friend who was doing all of our makeup for some sense of uniformity, and it's me, three of my (female) friends and one guy friend (Anthony) just sitting in her room while she does it. She's doing my makeup and accidentally sticks her paintbrush in my mouth because I started talking when she went to put blood on my lip. I seriously started gagging like I would throw up, and their first response isn't "Lily, are you okay?" It's, "LOL EVEN SOMETHING AS SMALL AS A PAINTBRUSH! OUCH!"

And then, when Anthony is like, "What?" They proceed to explain to him what the situation is, without outright stating the really, really implied jokes. Anthony is more like a brother to me, but still, um, guys? Thats' really, really indecent.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #5219
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
I think the internet needs a lesson on how to read a dictionary because apparently no one knows what the term 'trigger' fucking means.

Since when did language become so completely meaningless? It seems like words are thrown about without any consideration and manipulated to become valid for whatever situation we want to smoosh it into regardless of it's meaning or usages.
Thank you. This post is amazing. =3=

On a similar but not really similar topic, I am really sick of people treating depression like a cry for attention or a joke. Today in history we were talking about culture, and we had to list modern groups of people that can be compared to a culture. On the board were things like jocks, geeks, honor students, emo, etc. Then someone is called on, and he says he put "depressed people". In response, a majority of the class laughed/snickered, and one even called out "isn't that the same as emo?". I'm probably overthinking it, but it made me feel really uncomfortable, especially because I had just taken my Prozac since the first time I eat during the day is second block (granted, nobody noticed or knew I was taking medication except for the teacher).

Oh, and if I hear one more person say "You're depressed? How can you be? You always seem so happy!" I am going to punch someone in the face. I hate it when people say things along those lines. When I told one of my friends that I used to struggle with disordered eating, she looked me in the eyes and said, "How could you have anything close to an eating disorder? You're not skinny or anything." I usually try not to swear at people, but fuck you.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #5220
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
I think that's a troll account, if I recall correctly.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote