Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #391
Kaliza

I'm doing a (human)Luna outfit, but more like the "Luna Eclipsed" episode where she looks closer to Nightmare Moon... What I'm trying to decide is how to do the markings/neckpiece on her neck/chest, since I'm going with a formal dress for the outfit. Any ideas?
Pic: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1..._body_shot.jpg

I'm going to have to practice speaking in the TRADITIONAL ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE lol.

Last edited by Kaliza : 01-17-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Kaliza is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #392
MalteseLizzie

Maybe the chest marking could be a different coloured panel appliqued over the bust, or you could make it as a separate bib necklace

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #393
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersoul View Post
O_o I'd think just the goggles, I mean she doesnt actually wear clothes (unless you count her gala/wedding dresses) I'm only going with a vest/armband/boots because I'm doing her Winter Wrapup outfit since I've NEVER seen it done before...
LOL, I know they don't wear clothes, but I certainly can't go naked. XD lol but I already got everything figured out.

But yaaaay WWW best!! ^___^

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PaSwG School Uniform Stocking: 85% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PaSwG/KH): 60% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 65% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #394
WolfAngelSparow
LT.Sparrow-Dragonfly Crew

I have a question for you guys who have done gijinka ones already, I'm making a vinyl scratch outfit now, I've made my tail but can't figure out how to attach it to my gym/pe style shorts cause there isnt a belt hoop and I really don't want to wear a belt...any ideas yall? <3
WolfAngelSparow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #395
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAngelSparow View Post
I have a question for you guys who have done gijinka ones already, I'm making a vinyl scratch outfit now, I've made my tail but can't figure out how to attach it to my gym/pe style shorts cause there isnt a belt hoop and I really don't want to wear a belt...any ideas yall? <3
Sew a loop to the back of the shorts. Then a tie to the tail and tie it around the loop.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #396
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

A question for you all here-- are there any Gala Rainbow Dashes who will be attending Katsucon?

I've got the other 5 ponies set for a Gala group on Saturday to shoot part of a music video, but we'd really like to have an RD join us as well!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #397
nyditch
Protector of Innocence

I'm still not completely decided, but I'm tempted to do a Discord cosplay.

A friend of mine really wants to do Pinky Pie, and her BF is still reluctant to do something from MLP (even though he loves the show). I was also reluctant to do an MLP cosplay for the lack of male characters.

Then the idea of, "Well, why play a 'pony'?" came to mind. I think Discord would be a super fun cosplay. I have some ideas but it's still very rough in my mind. If I go through with it, I may actually grow out my chin beard, then trim and bleach it before the con.

I'm thinking some artistic time on moldable plastic and some paint can do the horn and antler. Then an arm cover for lion arm, and a tight wrap for the eagle claw arm, with a pointy-fingered glove to match. The legs I want to get the general jist, probably modify some old pants, and have them connect to the shoes so the reptile and horse foot go down over my feet. A bit of artistic freedom may need to be implemented with the feet. I didn't plan those out much.

Wings. I've always wanted to do wings on a costume, and these would be small and easier. I'll probably get some help in the construction forums for that, since it's more technical.

So basically I'm going not for a human version, but humanoid, just to keep it a little easier than a full body costume. I'm not sure when I'd be able to debut it, but I'm guessing I should take at least half a year for prep.

I'm still not completely decided on this, as it would be a big project to undertake, but I wanted to know if anybody else had opinions on it. What do you think? Any specific or general ideas come to mind? Would the pony-folk at cons be excited to see a discord?
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #398
Red Admiral V

Hiyas guys! The MLP comunity on this site looks great! It's fun to see so many amazing MLP:FiM cosplay out here! As for myself I'm working on a genderbent version of Discord (Misscord?)

http://oi47.tinypic.com/16bbkna.jpg

I love the character so much I had to cosplay it!

Also @nyditch there's so few Discord cosplayers out there... I know that if I were to see one I' be excited! *v*
You seem to have a pretty good plan for it too! I really hope that you'll do it!
Red Admiral V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #399
Scarecrow1992
Enthusiast of the Obscure

I've been a brony since the beginning, but I never attempted to cosplay any characters from the show (Since 80% of the characters are female), but I have wanted to try my hand at Discord or one of the Flim Flam Bros. Discord has some possibilities to him while the Flim Flams are two of my favorites, if for their Victorian snake-oil salesman guise.
Scarecrow1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #400
nyditch
Protector of Innocence

*Hi-5* Looks like you have quite a good concept. I've not seen a Discord cosplay IRL; only a few on the interwebs. I figured I'm not the only one who loves the character, but compared to the 6 main characters, he seems to not get quite as much cosplay love. Of course, not that there's anything wrong with cosplaying the main 6, you're all awesome. ^_^

If I pull it off and finish a Discord cosplay, I'm DEFINITELY gonna take some time to learn a basic shuffle. Gotta have the dance.
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #401
StarsCASSiOPEiA

Red Admiral-- Love the sketch!

NYDitch-- I'm always a fan of seeing Discord cosplays, yeah! He's just such a fun character, and having run into Discord cosplayers before, they're so fun to interact with! (As Twilight Sparkle, I've had some interesting encounters. xD) I've thought about cosplaying him myself!
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #402
nyditch
Protector of Innocence

Now I feel like I just gotta tackle this project. It'll definitely be one of the most artistically challenging projects I've taken on. I usually use cool tech widgets to draw attention away from my artistic newb-ness, but I can't think of where I'd use tech in this cosplay.

Just thought, if I have the time to do so, I could totally make an autonomously moving tail. It'd be a bit of work, but it is something I came up with a basic design for already years ago. The programming wouldn't be hard. Could probably do it for under $100. Probably should put that on low priority though.
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #403
StarsCASSiOPEiA

You could also work some LEDs into a Discord costume too, given the sheer extent to which he uses magic! Light-up stuff went over well with my Twilight cosplay.
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #404
nyditch
Protector of Innocence

Very true. I think I have an extra Arduino board too, with which I can set up I think 10 or so sets of LEDs in a sequence if I so wished.

Oh, and I thought about another thing I've always wanted to try, and that I would put on a higher priority. I want to do wings that can actually fold and extend. Being that they're not very big wings, this should be a bit easier and not very heavy. What would be approximately 20% cooler, would be to have them linked to my upper arms with a simple flexible linkage that would make the wings change position as I moved my arms.
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #405
BraddyOtaku

I am currently planning a genderbended Pinkie Pie cosplay for a convention in about five weeks, I've already gotten started on the costume itself (it being a long-sleeved shirt and casual trousers dyed the color of Pinkie's body with a black suit vest that I am planning to put Pinkie Pie's cutie mark on using felt.) and I have ordered a "Holly" wig with the color of Hot Pink that I am planning to get my local hairdresser to try and modify to make it short (enough to go down to my neck) and keep it curly and use the bits that were cut off for the tail.

Anybody like this idea?
BraddyOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote