Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > Commissions for Hire

Unread 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
LKD
Is a princess!!

Elkaydee Threads!Specialize in Disney & Structured Embroidered & Airbrushed cosplay

To the mods: I am aware of only one post here but I have closed my other post (as its a sale post and not a business post and I am unable to edit it for some reason) and wish for it to be deleted..Not sure how to go around to doing that.

Hello! Thanks for looking!

I'm Roxie Ceron of Elkaydee Threads!

I have been sewing for around 8 years. I am self taught. Everything I have learned is from experience, youtube, and many many many books as well as my mentor/friend Ahza Miracle, multiple masquerade winner from Mexico.

What sets my costumes apart from others.

1. I focus on quality and craftsmanship.
I do not skip corners.
Every single cut piece is serged. Every seam is pressed every time it is worked on.
Modesty panels are included for those who want a lace back.

2. I do not make floppy saggy costumes. There is structuring inside my costumes. Which means besides the fashion fabric and the lining, I use those things called twill, coutil, duck cloth, twill tape, interfacing, steel boning, etc.

3. No Elastic waistbands. (unless it is called for) My skirts close with zippers and hooks and eyes.

4. Fabrics and notions are cheaper in price which reflect on the final bill. I live by the fabric district where I am friends with many shop owners and get discounted (already cheap) fabrics. Also a huge selection of any fabric you can think of. Which means there are multiple choices you can choose from.

5. I do not line with lining fabric. I find them too cheap and thin and uncomfortable against the skin. I either use cotton (easier to spot clean/soaks up sweat better than polyester) or the same fabric as the outside. This also helps the costumes last longer.

6. I prefer not to make things screen accurate. Meaning, flat plain fabrics are only used as a contrast fabric. I like to make things unique to each wearer and to have visual interest. I love realism and broadway styling. Trims are my friend!

7. I have multiple design skills and appliances available for additional fees. I own a airbrush machine and am experienced with airbrushing and can be included if needed or wanted. I can treat your costume with glitter that will not come off. Rhinestoning is also available. I do own an embroidery machine. I do not own design software but I outsource to a lovely lady who changes any image to a file at a low price.

8. Every step of the process of making your costume will be uploaded. Every project gets their own folder in my FB page where you can see everything that goes on in making it.

9. IF. and IF costumes do not fit once it arrives. Do NOT worry. I will NOT leave you hanging. I will do EVERYTHING to get it perfect and done for you.

Now this all takes money and time and I understand some of you are in a budget or have a set vision the outcome.
I do do budget costumes. Instead of steel boning, I can use zip ties. (They don't warp like plastic boning). Screen accurate costumes fall into this category. If I must and you wish it, I can skip the structuring which will save on material and labor cost.

I do make custom designs. If you want an elaborate different unique gown or a humanized version of a character, I can sketch those out for you for free.

I do NOT do wigs anymore. Unless included with a costume. Props including wings. Bodysuits.

Now the important price. I charge by the hour + material cost. I only charge $10 an hour. I am NOT trying to live off of this. I only wish to keep busy and fund my own cosplay with these commissions. I DO accept payments. However I do ask for the estimated material cost upfront.

If you wish to see my work, I have a couple of commissions up here in this site.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/447585/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/445098/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/448355/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/447586/

My Face Book site
http://www.facebook.com/lkdthreads

My Website is still being worked on unfortuantely.

If you wish to inquire for an estimate, send me a PM here or on FB

PLEASE, include

- Name of Character and Series
- Reference photos
- Bust/Waist/Hip measurements
- Deadline

I will give you an estimate. It can be less or more of what I give you.
If you wish to go through with it, I will send you a contract and a measurement worksheet for you to fill out.
Once the first payment is given, I can start your costume.

I am booked until mid year at the moment and have a bit of a waitlist so dont wait to ask!

Thanks for reading ^^

Unread 02-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
LKD
Is a princess!!

Oh one more IMPORTANT thing! I do live in a house with many dogs, most are hypoallergenic poodles but I do have a pug that sheds. If this is a problem, please let me know!
I don't wish to trigger anyone's allergies. I try my hardest to get out any hair or dander that may stick but I can not be 100% sure