Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #2266
Falclon

Matsuri....why is it coming so quickly? x.x That's not even what I'm in the biggest time crunch for though. I have to finish an entire petticoat by the 17th ;_;

Unread 02-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #2267
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
Yay, I secured off work for Saturday so I'm going to pop on down for Ushicon to have a little fun. I'll finish up my Aerith in the next two days ( and stop procrastinating. ) and wear her remake for the first time.
MANNN i really want to go to Ushicon and get away from all the Hulaballoo of new age fans and bask in the glory of old school anime. I miss those days greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
Matsuri....why is it coming so quickly? x.x That's not even what I'm in the biggest time crunch for though. I have to finish an entire petticoat by the 17th ;_;
Well i wish you luck on finishing everything in time chick. I really do.

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #2268
Mouzif

So I picked up a book yesterday called the Pattern Making Primer and mah lohdy, it's beyond helpful. It's super straight forward, no fuss, and is just a huge problem solving guide for a million issues you run into when drafting/altering patterns.
-insert holy choir music-
Aaaaaaand I get payed on Friday so yaaaaay more fabric to buuuuuyyyyyy. Plus I just got a raise. 83 How's everyone else's week so far?

The Prodigy Team - est. '12
Mouzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #2269
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouzif View Post
So I picked up a book yesterday called the Pattern Making Primer and mah lohdy, it's beyond helpful. It's super straight forward, no fuss, and is just a huge problem solving guide for a million issues you run into when drafting/altering patterns.
-insert holy choir music-
Aaaaaaand I get payed on Friday so yaaaaay more fabric to buuuuuyyyyyy. Plus I just got a raise. 83 How's everyone else's week so far?
Thats good to hear. I need to buy another pattern to modify it but overall I think Im doing a good job drafting some I had in mind. As for the week, work been good so far. next week I get paid so that means more fabric shopping. Im going to calculate how much I need before I go to the fabric store because Im not planning to come back till I get some sewing done.

Don't you guys hate it when you have everything in order and you get to find a surprise detail? Then its off to the fabric store again XD
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #2270
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

A-kon ticket paid for. Looks like the plan is a-go. Awwww yiss.

Now to just wait on Matsuri!

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #2271
Mouzif

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
Thats good to hear. I need to buy another pattern to modify it but overall I think Im doing a good job drafting some I had in mind. As for the week, work been good so far. next week I get paid so that means more fabric shopping. Im going to calculate how much I need before I go to the fabric store because Im not planning to come back till I get some sewing done.

Don't you guys hate it when you have everything in order and you get to find a surprise detail? Then its off to the fabric store again XD
Aw yeeeaaaahhh shoppin'! I need to get jack's hoodie as soon as possible so I can start on the embroidery. Why I decided to do the frost that way instead of paint I have no idea. Probably because I hate myself. Glad to hear you're having a good week though ^_^
OMG YES. JUST happened with Rinnosuke. But it was too late to turn back so I'm writing it off as 'taking artistic liberties.' :P

The Prodigy Team - est. '12
Mouzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #2272
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouzif View Post
Aw yeeeaaaahhh shoppin'! I need to get jack's hoodie as soon as possible so I can start on the embroidery. Why I decided to do the frost that way instead of paint I have no idea. Probably because I hate myself. Glad to hear you're having a good week though ^_^
OMG YES. JUST happened with Rinnosuke. But it was too late to turn back so I'm writing it off as 'taking artistic liberties.' :P
Its been good so far . and ugh...I remember one time I was going to buy some lining fabric and I thought I got the right color. well it was incorrect and I had to go back and get the right one. Next time Im taking reference pics and stuff like that because even if I write the color down, there a chance it may look different upon seeing it in person.
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #2273
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel7410 View Post
MANNN i really want to go to Ushicon and get away from all the Hulaballoo of new age fans and bask in the glory of old school anime. I miss those days greatly.
You should come on down for a day, then. :3 That's what I'm doing. I couldn't afford a room and all that with Matsuri so close so I'm going to just enjoy the big day. If you do get down there make sure to get my number or something so we can meet up!

As for updates, oh boy, fabric store bug got the best of me! I didn't have my coupons, as they are currently in my dad's truck. In the shop. So I hit the bargain bins for now. I managed to get the white fabric for Belldandy, some rib knit fabric dirt cheap I can possibly dye for Rinoa, and some amazing fabric for Aerith' Crisis Core dress. All for less then $5 a yard. The lady as it turns out, was nice enough to give me the coupon I was missing anyway! So I can use it again after we get his truck back so I can buy the blue Belldandy fabric and then my Lycra.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #2274
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

I'm not sure if I should start my cosplays now or wait a bit..it's 4 months till my next con

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #2275
Zaiten

I maybe sort of goofed off more then I should have.. I was tryng on old cosplays. :3 I even took pictures! /tumblr

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #2276
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
I'm not sure if I should start my cosplays now or wait a bit..it's 4 months till my next con
ALWAYSALWAYSALWAYS start as early as possible. *Regrets* ;_;

As for me I am still in petticoat land. Finished sewing all the loops and lace so at least I'm getting somewhere. Decided I'm not going to try and finish Kuroyukihime for Matsuri because I really want to take my time and make it look great. Will probably be bringing Mey-Rin instead.

Do any of you know the makeup used for geisha paint? It always looks so smooth and I want new paint for my face.
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #2277
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:

As for me I am still in petticoat land. Finished sewing all the loops and lace so at least I'm getting somewhere. Decided I'm not going to try and finish Kuroyukihime for Matsuri because I really want to take my time and make it look great. Will probably be bringing Mey-Rin instead.

Do any of you know the makeup used for geisha paint? It always looks so smooth and I want new paint for my face.
I know Ben Nye has a color name Geisha white, but I don't remember if it leaves it smooth. You can try and get someone to help you at Frankel Costume Store. Its near Downtown Houston at polk st. I know there a guy who can help you in choosing theater makeup for cosplay and stuff like that.

http://www.frankelcostume.com/StoreHoursLocations.aspx

The also carry wigs and quite a few are kanekalon wig, the ones cosworx used to sell before change to cosplay store.com.
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #2278
Myribee
The Last Pandawan

@Zaiten HEY. So, with the release of Fire Emblem Awakening, I got my significant other REALLY interested in doing a Fire Emblem cosplay. It's extremely likely we'll just do Awakening characters though.
I think he wants to do Chrom and I'd love to do the female tactician. (Mostly because I ship them).
I'm actually pretty excited to start it, but I think it has to come after our Evangelion ones.

But hopefully the end of 2013 or start of 2014 I should see it finished. Could be sooner.

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #2279
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Quote:

i will start then and I know of a Geisha makeup but its expensive since its the actual stuff geisha and maiko still use in Japan or try this: http://www.makeup-beauty-tip.com/tra...al-geisha.html

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 02-08-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #2280
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myribee View Post
@Zaiten HEY. So, with the release of Fire Emblem Awakening, I got my significant other REALLY interested in doing a Fire Emblem cosplay. It's extremely likely we'll just do Awakening characters though.
I think he wants to do Chrom and I'd love to do the female tactician. (Mostly because I ship them).
I'm actually pretty excited to start it, but I think it has to come after our Evangelion ones.

But hopefully the end of 2013 or start of 2014 I should see it finished. Could be sooner.
Woo! More Fire Emblem, boo, not Path of Radiance. (I still totally want to do the Merc Group.) If I had the spare cash I'd love to pick it up but.. it's 3DS, isn't it? =/

Proud Texas Cosplayer