Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
Aneko-chan

Teen Titans, Formal Raven Dress

So, one of the local cons that I go to are having a cosplay spring formal dance, like prom/wedding formal, so formal attire's required. I don't have a cosplay that fits that requirement, but I wanted to go as Raven from Teen Titans (tv version) and I drew a concept of what I want the dress to look like: PICTURE HERE

Mostly, what do you guys think? It's got the halter top, backless (mid-cut), I'll be wearing the belt and I want the skirt to be flowy. Second, do you think it'd fit Raven's personality/style? I was thinking about adding gloves (can't decide if I'd want long sleeved gloves or short), but they'd be fingerless and make a point on the hand. I don't know what I'm gonna do for the shoes yet (any suggestions??). The dress'll be a dark navy blue like her leotard.

So ya, what do you guys think? Yay? Nay? Anything I should add or change? Thanks ^ ^

PS. I'm hoping to start planning the pattern this weekend, I'll try to show pictures for the dress when I start cutting it

Last edited by Aneko-chan : 02-07-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Aneko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

I think a longer dress would fit Raven better. Something floor-length and somber. Maybe velvet.

As for the gloves, I think longer gloves that come to a point at the top would look pretty cool. Something like this, if you can decipher my drawing.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Aneko-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
I think a longer dress would fit Raven better. Something floor-length and somber. Maybe velvet.

As for the gloves, I think longer gloves that come to a point at the top would look pretty cool. Something like this, if you can decipher my drawing.
Velvet huh? I've never used it before, I'll have to see how it looks. And I'll have to experiment with the length of the dress, I have an idea of which shoes I'm gonna wear which should help.

I get what you're saying about the gloves, maybe ^ ^ Thanks
Aneko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote