Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 02-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
liaann
Master of Ghetto Cosplay

Westin Bonaventure SPACE AVAILABLE

Edit edit edit edit: TWO SPACES LEFT, please smallish-females only who are okay with sharing a bed with two other smallish females

Hey guys~
So this is my 3rd year of AX and my first year getting a hotel room. I will be travelling with 3 other friends and we're looking for people who wanted to roomshare c:

Female only, 16-20s? We're lenient. And of course we'll deny anyone who we/our parents think are suspicious etc etc. We have reasonable rules to try to run everything as smoothly as possible

Hotel: Westin Bonaventure

Days Booked: Day 0-Day 4 (July 3rd to July 7th)

Smoking/Drinking: Nope. no room service either k

Spaces Left: 1 bed space

Rates: dependent on how many people we can get, but if we have about 7 people who stay the entire time, ~$100 for the entire stay

Preference Description:
> Standard double-bed, I've heard it can fit about 8-10.
> I am 17 (yes I'm a minor, so you can judge whether you want to trust me or not LOL) graduating with a full IB diploma from high school this year; I enjoy long walks on the beach and chocolate strawberries.
We will have an adult dealing with the hotel business so you don't need to worry about hotel troubles~
> Preferred roommate behavior: FEMALE, someone who is okay with a loss of personal space for five days LOL. please no bathroom hoggers. pack lightly D:

Contact: lianyu761@gmail.com, or message me at http://www.facebook.com/LychiiCos

We just want to have a good time because AX is our favorite con, so we want everything to go smoothly for everyone~

Cosplays for AX~
Vanille (FFXIII) - 100% :D
Black Gold Saw (Black Rock Shooter) - 10%
SouSou (Koihime Musou) - 85%

Last edited by liaann : 03-06-2013 at 07:14 PM.
liaann is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Being that this is your first hotel room reservation, I would make some suggestions:

1. Most of the AX con hotels will allow you to have only 4 people per room at a maximum.

Some people have snucked in more people than that in the past, but if you ever get caught, the hotel can kick you all out, and cancel your reservation. (The hotel may look the other way, if it's 5 people. But if you plan to have more than 5 people, don't get caught.)

2. I wouldn't recommend more than 5-6 people in the room. 8-10 people means that you won't be able to move around. It can be done, but trust me, it won't be fun, and after 4 days of it, you may get really annoyed from the sheer lack of space. 8-10 people will mean that the restroom will always be hogged all the time. (And if 3 to 4 of them snores loudly, you won't be able to sleep well.)

3. The Westin Bonaventure rooms aren't that big. Some of the other convention hotels are actually bigger. (Shoving 8-10 people into that small room, will be like shoving all those passengers into the bullet train in Tokyo during rush hour.)

4. Establish a strict set of rules right from the start. (Like no drinking or smoking or what time everyone has to be in by at night.) You have to have a strict set of rules, because this is your room, and anything that happens to it, the hotel WILL hold you responsible. (Including all damages or underage kids getting caught drinking.) If anyone won't go by your rules, or violates the rules, boot them out. Since it is under your name, you DO have that right.

5. Make sure that the roommates pay you their share up front BEFORE they step foot inside the room. Do not let them get away with excuses like, "I don't have the money now, but I'll pay back you later, or "I don't have the money now, but I'll pay you back at the end of the con". (There has been too many people who have pulled this stunt in the past, and takes advantage of people who are offering room shares. (Some of them would pack up & quickly "disappear" before the con would end & without paying their share.) No money-no hotel room. It may sound strict,, but you don't want to be taken advantage of, and be left holding the bill.

6. The Hotel will only issue you a limited amount of keycards that's equal to the amount of people who are "Officially" staying in the room. ("Official", means the names of the people who are registered in the hotel room.) If you have 4 people, you may get 4-5 cards. If you have 2 people, you may get 2-3 keycards. You need to establish who will get to keep the keycards during the entire stay. (Obviously, the owner should have one.) Those who don't have keycards will have to work out a plan, when they can meet with you so they can come in the room with you. Keep in mind that anyone whose name is not registered, does not exist in the eyes of the hotel.

7. Establish a set curfew at night. Otherwise, you are going to have roommates coming at 3am or 4 am. in the morning. If they don't have a keycard, they are going to be knocking or banging at the door to get in during the wee hours of the morning. (And get the attention of hotel security.)

8. Safety is always a priority. If you don't trust a potential roommate, and suspect something suspicious, you are under no obligation to give them the room. (There has been cases when roommates stole stuff like money & even clothes in the past. Some would also steal the keycard, so be sure to keep that with you at all times.)

9. If the roommates are strangers, trust noone. Do not leave any valuables when you leave the room, or have them all stored in the room's safety deposit box. (If it's old friends or relatives, it's a different story.)

10. Establish a set of rules from the beginning who is going to sleep where, and where they can store their personal belongings. This will help prevent arguments or disagreements later. If they don't like it, you can always show them the door.

11. Establish a strict rule that roommates cannot bring their friends without prior notice to crash in the room. The room space is for for the paying roommates only, and not their non paying friends. Don't listen to the excuse of "But my friends has nowhere else to go, and they are all broke". Avoid last minute show ups as well. Make a print out list of who has payed for the room, and are confirmed.

Good luck, and I hope your experience at AX will be great this year.

Last edited by Hakaider : 02-06-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
liaann
Master of Ghetto Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
Being that this is your first hotel room reservation, I would make some suggestions:
Thanks so much! I'll make some changes~

Cosplays for AX~
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Quote:
3. The Westin Bonaventure rooms aren't that big. Some of the other convention hotels are actually bigger. (Shoving 8-10 people into that small room, will be like shoving all those passengers into the bullet train in Tokyo during rush hour.)
I am in total agreement with this. The rooms are set in circular towers and the square footage is much smaller than the average hotel room. 6 is about the most you could reasonably do. More than that and you will be sitting in someone's lap for the whole weekend.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
liaann
Master of Ghetto Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
I am in total agreement with this. The rooms are set in circular towers and the square footage is much smaller than the average hotel room. 6 is about the most you could reasonably do. More than that and you will be sitting in someone's lap for the whole weekend.
Oh really?
I have a friend who fit 8 into her room last year with no problem, three on each bed and two on the ground.

Cosplays for AX~
Unread 02-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
Oh really?
I have a friend who fit 8 into her room last year with no problem, three on each bed and two on the ground.
I'll bet that it wasn't all that comfortable sharing that bed with 3 people.

To able to fit 3 people in that bed would mean that they were 5 feet tall & under or 4 feet 11.
Anyone over over 5 feet 3 would not be able to fit in the 3 person bed.

I guess this means that the taller people would have to sleep on the floor.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

I couldn't plan on people sleeping 3 to a bed. I'm a large person with a wide shoulders, so 3 to a bed just isn't possible for me.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #8
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by liaann View Post
Oh really?
Wow, that's quite a feat in fitting that many people to a room. Can't imagine that many to a bed would be very comfortable though, but that's just me
Anime Los Angeles (Full weekend)
Anime Expo (Full weekend)

2014 Crossplays (subject to change)
Haruhi Suzumiya (winter uniform)
Mikuru Asahina (winter uniform & original maid version)
Hatsune Miku (default version & original maid version)
Minako Aino (Sailor Moon) - School uniform version (undecided)
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #9
liaann
Master of Ghetto Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
I couldn't plan on people sleeping 3 to a bed. I'm a large person with a wide shoulders, so 3 to a bed just isn't possible for me.
Quote:
I'll bet that it wasn't all that comfortable sharing that bed with 3 people.

To able to fit 3 people in that bed would mean that they were 5 feet tall & under or 4 feet 11.
Anyone over over 5 feet 3 would not be able to fit in the 3 person bed.

I guess this means that the taller people would have to sleep on the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by animejunkie View Post
Wow, that's quite a feat in fitting that many people to a room. Can't imagine that many to a bed would be very comfortable though, but that's just me
They were all pretty small people so guess it worked out for them xD we're all pretty small and narrow so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Cosplays for AX~
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
liaann
Master of Ghetto Cosplay

Edited. Two more spaces, Bed or floor FEMALE ONLY

Cosplays for AX~

Last edited by liaann : 03-06-2013 at 07:26 PM.