Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 297 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #57481
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Just had an unexpected call from a friend that has never called me before, seeing if I'm still planning on going to Anime Milwaukee next weekend which is looking super likely now! So excited!!!! First out of state convention ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #57482
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Been marathon-reading the new Witch and Wizard book. I have to get new pictures as Pearce now. I haven't cosplayed him since last summer, and now would actually be a good time to wear a high collared black coat...
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #57483
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
Welcome to the Trinity love my darling!!X333 ah Magi is very awesome as well, i really wish you luck on the debateXD I just had one myself today.
Thanks girl I just love too many characters :P Your Scheherazade is gonna be awesome though^^

Just figured out my volleyball tournament starts at three. That means I could attend Katsu Friday night and Saturday until noon, so that I would have enough time to get ready for the tournament. Now to talk to the parents. This will be interesting.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #57484
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I really wanna do a Mortal Kombat Jade cosplay...don't know which version I'd do just yet or make one of them less revealing xD

W.I.P:
Lolita!Mikasa Ackerman - Attack on Titan 35%
Crimson Cravat!Mikasa Ackerman -AoT 20%
Vampire!Mikasa Ackerman - AoT 90%

Dark!Twilight Princess Zelda - SSBB 15%
Fem!Aladdin-Magi
Morgiana-Magi

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Kougyuko-Magi
Yui Komori- Diabolk Lovers
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill
Yukina Himuro - Watashi ni xx Shinasai
LinkPwnsGanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #57485
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
Just figured out my volleyball tournament starts at three. That means I could attend Katsu Friday night and Saturday until noon, so that I would have enough time to get ready for the tournament. Now to talk to the parents. This will be interesting.
I so hope you can come! Especially since I'm being Kaito from Fairy Cube on Friday and I want one person there who will know what I am!
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #57486
Ilafatyu
That guy

There's a Scheherazade for Magi and Trinity Blood. That's amusing.

Anyway. I just got back from Hobby Lobby with fabric for Judal's pants, Mor's dress, and Sheik's muffler-scarf. When the snow comes this weekend, I'll be prepared.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Connie (Shingeki no Kyojin) - 0%
Sheik (OoT/SSBB) - 65%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #57487
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So in class today I ended up sketching out Goddess Isanami's head piece and broke some of it down. -_- GAH. Why brain why? This is also making me debate whether to go to Jo-Anns and pick up some blue fabric to start embroidering the flowers.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #57488
Akahime
Red Princess

Been not doing my cosplays and playing Persona 4 Golden (hiralious as always and with its new things, hahahahha) and watch WuXia TV Shows instead, hahahaha. (GOSH SHOOTTSS, I really should get them done >>) Meanwhile, I am thinking that there is a big possiblity I will be dropping my idea going down to Fanime this year. ; w; I have a lot of reasons of why I'm dropping the trip down there, but I feel like I'll be failing the people I said I wanted to meet down there. I shall go and sit a dark corner to let out my pain.

Next cons: Anime Detour, Fanime, Anime Central, Anime Expo, and Midoricon.
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #57489
Julesie

I've been wishing I had nicer, thinner eyebrows. I'd love to cosplay some characters but they have different coloured eyebrows and mine are really thick and dark, dark black. I managed to colour over them but the colour was so dark and thick that it just looked ridiculous.

I'm far too scared to thread or pluck, I've considered waxing but terrified of that thought and it'd just grow back. I wish I had been born with thin eyebrows.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #57490
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Waxing doesn't hurt that much, the only painful part is when they go outside edge to in since that's the loose skin under your eyebrows (and your eyebrow hair grows back regardles of what you remove it with, but waxing over several years trains the hairs to not grow back so fat/so thick. And a wax lasts 3 weeks to a month. A lot longer if you just tweeze out hairs as they start to grow back). And make sure you get a good esthetician to do it so they do it right. I keep getting shitty ones so out of frustration I mostly just pluck my eyebrows nowadays, and fuck do I hate doing it compared to a five-minute wax.

...also, I can't wait to finish Quorra's torso piece and THEN start all over again, because I am hating how this looks. It's SO damn far from screen accurate and the wiring is far from amazing.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #57491
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Excited that this Sunday I'm getting together with a friend to sew all day. I've been needing an out from my games @_@ they are consuming me. Hopefully, I'll get closer to finishing Morgiana's dress and Sa-chan's scarf and arm sleeves.
Sayaka (Puella Magi).........Progress 0%
Haruhi (OHSHC)................Progress 40%
Ruby (RWBY)...................Progress 10%

Cons for 2014:
Sac Anime Winter, AOD, NorCal Gathering Spring, Kraken, Sac Anime Summer, EBRC Picnic, NorCal Gathering Summer, Yaoi Con, Japan EXPO

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #57492
Mr Zero

I'll be debuting 2 new cosplays at Anime Milwaukee next weekend. Now starting to prep for Acen
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #57493
Reily96
Ambitious to a Fault

Good news: Providing Fedex isn't lying, my hakama should be in tomorrow... I AM SKEPTICAL. I haven't had issues regarding deliveries with FedEx, just that they don't always come on the originally scheduled day. So maybe I will have everything by next week.

Bad news: I just realized my run crew work will begin next Wednesday... And this just... depresses me, so much. Because everything will be coming in but I probably won't be able to work on Kenshin at all. Worst of all, I don't even get paid for this, but if I don't do it, failing grade for the class.

I am not happy.

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #57494
emmisu
King of Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Good news: Providing Fedex isn't lying, my hakama should be in tomorrow... I AM SKEPTICAL. I haven't had issues regarding deliveries with FedEx, just that they don't always come on the originally scheduled day. So maybe I will have everything by next week.

Bad news: I just realized my run crew work will begin next Wednesday... And this just... depresses me, so much. Because everything will be coming in but I probably won't be able to work on Kenshin at all. Worst of all, I don't even get paid for this, but if I don't do it, failing grade for the class.

I am not happy.
I feel you so hard, I wanna work on cosplay but I have to do carpentry for my class grade! It kills me, no free time to work on cosplayz

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #57495
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
Thanks girl I just love too many characters :P Your Scheherazade is gonna be awesome though^^

Same here, lol. Awww (>v<) Thank you very much! I'll try my hardest to be soX33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesie View Post
I've been wishing I had nicer, thinner eyebrows. I'd love to cosplay some characters but they have different coloured eyebrows and mine are really thick and dark, dark black. I managed to colour over them but the colour was so dark and thick that it just looked ridiculous.

I'm far too scared to thread or pluck, I've considered waxing but terrified of that thought and it'd just grow back. I wish I had been born with thin eyebrows.
It's really weird, but i've been shaving and using trimming scissors for about 5 years and it really does well for me. I also dye them, which helps makes eyebrow color so much easier.

~Working On~
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Clawdeen Wolf Ver. (Monster High)~20%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)

~Planning Stages~
Cana Alberona (Fairy Tale)
Yuiko Hawatari (Loveless)
Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)

~On Hold~
Scheherazade Al-Rahman(Trinity Blood)~3%
Princess of the Crystal (Mawaru Penguindrum)~10%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote