Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosterman View Post
Its because also my metabolism is kinda low so if I eat anything for me I will gain weight back so thats why I was trying to try out the portion thing
Odds are you're simply understimating what you're eating. Count your calories.

Heres a reasonably good calorie estimator.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
Ashlen Rose

I don't even bother with counting calories, It is good if you don't eat super healthy or workout but all in all if you eat clean you will see a difference. But by no means am I against counting calories!! It is great to help you be aware of how much you eat a day and be more conscious of it! I just found it had me stressed about food and eating when I shouldn't be.

Basically cut out fried food, processed food, high fructose corn syrup (your tummy will thank you!), I cut back on milk, and rarely drink soda, drink LOTS of water. As for eating little meals throughout the day, I like to because it keeps me full. I eat every 2-3 hours smaller meals or snacks. I also have one "crappy" or "yolo" meal every other day (when you start off I would do once a week). The reason for this is because you confuse your metabolism by changing up the diet and your caloric intake which makes it work even harder !

A great site that REALLY helped me is this one http://www.blogilates.com/ she has all sorts of recipes that are super yummy and still good for you. She changed my whole outlook on working out and eating right. Don't make it a "diet" make it a healthy lifestyle change and your body will thank you for it. I have so much more energy esp for those "night before a con last minute sewing parties" :P

One thing I learned also was to make your meals AHEAD of time. Like on your "rest" day cook 3-4 days worth of lunches and dinners. This will stop you from buying the fast and cheap McDonalds burger or dominoes pizza, if you have it ready you have no excuse :P! Also remember, results take time, I know after the 2nd week i wanted to give up cause I didn't see the results I wanted, 5 weeks later and im down 10lbs .

It is possible to "eat what you want" and just workout like crazy to loose weight, but I honestly couldn't do it. I had ZERO energy and could never bring myself to workout when i ate w.e. It may be hard to cut out your favorite snacks but after 2 or 3 weeks of eating better you will be thankful you did, trust me.

And I know I am rambling on (sorry its something im very passionate and excited to talk about!) but last little tip that helped me. Pick one day that is your rest day (i chose Sunday) and make that your "craving day" so throughout the week if you really want that bag of flaming hot cheetos (YUM) tell yourself sure okay, I'll eat it on Sunday. What about that box of cookies? Sure, Sunday! Half the time by Sunday, I don't even want it anymore :P! But if you do, help yourself!

Okay Ill shut up now ^_^;;

I hope some of that was helpful :3
Ashlen Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #18
Boosterman
Bleach

I will start the journal today I will try to stay under 2200 calories thanks all for the advice
Boosterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #19
Boosterman
Bleach

Alright hinata I will try it your way too
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
kiyo-chan
The Imaginary Monarch

Hey guys, if you take a look at the site my fitness pal they are actually quite good at giving calorie intake for different bodies, based on weight, height, and other factors of your life, such as how much of your day you spend moving, etc. It's helped me a lot, and it also works well to start off- you can count calories and from that get a better idea of what foods you should be eating!
kiyo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
Touya no miko
TnM

I changed my diet plan a few weeks ago and hopefully this will help you. I haven't really taken anything out, just changed my routine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day. For breakfast, I try to fill up on carbs and proteins. This will fill you up but also give you energy throughout the day. Fruit, whole wheats, yogurt, and a whole egg keeps me satisfied, but you can have other alternative as well. In addition, if I want something sweet this is the only time when I can have my sugar fix.

Lunch: Lunch is kept at a minimum. Have something light, like a sandwich or salad. Don't have a big lunch, since you're still working off what you had that morning.

Snacks: I usually don't snack but when I get the munchies, dried fruit or nuts help a lot.

Dinner: Dinner should be like breakfast. However, it should consist of mostly veggies and protein. NO CARBS. Carbs will turn into fat overnight.

Remember to also keep track of your caloric intake and exercise!

Hope this helps!

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan

Last edited by Touya no miko : 02-07-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #22
Touya no miko
TnM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyo-chan View Post
Hey guys, if you take a look at the site my fitness pal they are actually quite good at giving calorie intake for different bodies, based on weight, height, and other factors of your life, such as how much of your day you spend moving, etc. It's helped me a lot, and it also works well to start off- you can count calories and from that get a better idea of what foods you should be eating!
I actually have that app as well! It really helps keeping track of my calories and my cardio workout.

Mulan
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
Boosterman
Bleach

Alright will check the app as for the egg do u eat it raw?
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
Touya no miko
TnM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosterman View Post
Alright will check the app as for the egg do u eat it raw?
I'd rather not, since raw eggs tend to carry salmonella. You can serve it any way you want. I prefer mine sunny side up or poached. A lot of people think eating eggs with the yolk is bad for you, but you get more protein with the yolk. It won't spike up your cholesterol and the calories aren't high.

Mulan
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #25
Boosterman
Bleach

Alright thanks a lot
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #26
cosplaynewb11

i have the myfitness pal app also. it has helped me lose 2 pounds.
cosplaynewb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #27
ItsTroy

If anyone uses a smartphone or tablet, there are a variety of weight management apps that can help count calories. I eat candy bars, pizza, and hamburgers, just less than 1600 calories a day. I've already lost 12 lbs since the new year by monitoring my progress, so I recommend apps.
ItsTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #28
Boosterman
Bleach

I started to use the myfitness pal and it even says how much weight u should lose in a certain amount of weeks thanks all for the tips
Unread 02-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #29
Selkies

Unread 02-11-2013, 03:09 AM   #30
Charlotte00
Awesomeness

Get rid of soft drink!
Charlotte00 is offline   Reply With Quote