Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 265 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #57496
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Oh wonderful, I finally have time to work on cosplay but I'm to tired and a bit sick today. (Stupid random pouring down rain right when I'm running to class....) But yay my Sinbad fabric has shipped~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
What you could try doing with that is move your head forward, stretching your neck out so skin doesn't bunch up under your chin. It might look a little odd, at least in person, but if you're doing it for pictures it shouldn't show up unless it's taken from the side.
I've tried that before it didn't work for me.

Events: Kawaii Kon 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #57497
MeiChama
Professional Alvin Lover

I really hope I get the last weekends of February off so that I can have time to sit down and work on my Rise and Hope cosplays with my friend who will be coming to visit. I don't want to be cosplayless for Anime Expo this year! Especially now since I'm going be in charge of the Final Fantasy gathering!

What's Being Made
Surprise {Shingeki no Kyojin}
Hanji Zoe {Shingeki no Kyojin}

Where I'm Going
Anime Expo 2014

"With our powers combined we are cosplayers!"
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #57498
UrbanVermin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Oh wonderful, I finally have time to work on cosplay but I'm to tired and a bit sick today. (Stupid random pouring down rain right when I'm running to class....) But yay my Sinbad fabric has shipped~
I've tried that before it didn't work for me.
Are you able to work on anything while in bed? Take something small and work on it among the mounds of blankets? Unless sitting up is bad for you (room spinning, etc.)
Also, are you looking for ways to look flattering in photos? (Hope you don't mind my butting in) you could play with expressions in the mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
I really hope I get the last weekends of February off so that I can have time to sit down and work on my Rise and Hope cosplays with my friend who will be coming to visit. I don't want to be cosplayless for Anime Expo this year! Especially now since I'm going be in charge of the Final Fantasy gathering!
How do you become in charge of those things?

Related to cosplay & myself: waiting on a binder to come in the mail.
UrbanVermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #57499
Ilafatyu
That guy

My Morgiana is over today, and the fabric has been purchased, but... How am I expected to do make the dress without a pattern? Might have to call today a loss too. GAH.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Utatane Piko - default (Vocaloid) - 90%
Connie (Shingeki no Kyojin) - 0%
Sheik (OoT/SSBB) - 53%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #57500
twixel

One week until Katsucon! (GAHH So much left to do, and not going to be albe to get anything done this weekend, Im gonna die! Why did I have to procrastinate?!?!)
twixel is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #57501
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I'm starting to get a little worried. Cosplay isn't here yet. I'm hoping that it's here by next week if not, I'm going to be a little bit pissed. I payed a lot of money for this thing.

I wonder how long it takes Standard Shipping from Texas to Illinois usually?
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [0%]

Past/Future Cons
Anime Apocalypse?
Con Alt Delete
Kollision Con 2013 [Saturday only]
Karoshi-Con 2013
Anime Midwest 2013
Anime Central 2013 [Saturday Only]
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #57502
Reily96
Ambitious to a Fault

Fedex did not disappoint me this time; my hakama came in today~ I was a little worried at first because I ordered a size smaller than recommended, but I ended up being spot on. When I wear it should fall right to wear I need it... I'm just a little hesitant about undoing all the basting that's currently keeping the pleats in proper shape. The hakama's a poly-cotton blend, and it's actually quite stiff, so I'm wondering if I should reinforce the pleats. Someone who reviewed it said it loses its pleats easily, but he actually used it for its intended purposes in kendo... I mean, it certainly couldn't hurt to reinforce them, but if I don't really need to I'm not going to.

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #57503
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Fedex did not disappoint me this time; my hakama came in today~ I was a little worried at first because I ordered a size smaller than recommended, but I ended up being spot on. When I wear it should fall right to wear I need it... I'm just a little hesitant about undoing all the basting that's currently keeping the pleats in proper shape. The hakama's a poly-cotton blend, and it's actually quite stiff, so I'm wondering if I should reinforce the pleats. Someone who reviewed it said it loses its pleats easily, but he actually used it for its intended purposes in kendo... I mean, it certainly couldn't hurt to reinforce them, but if I don't really need to I'm not going to.
Yay you got the hakama!

Well, my very first hakama are kendo hakama and I've used them in kendo practice regularly for some years ago (1-2,5 years.. dunno) and while the pleats aren't as prominent as on new hakama you can still obviously tell there's pleats. So I would say you don't need to reinforce them if you just take proper care of your hakama.. aka fold them after wearing.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon
Souji Okita (SSL) - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kitacon (1-2 March 2014)
SAT Keisuke Sannan - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Gin Ichimaru - Bleach
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #57504
Reily96
Ambitious to a Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Yay you got the hakama!

Well, my very first hakama are kendo hakama and I've used them in kendo practice regularly for some years ago (1-2,5 years.. dunno) and while the pleats aren't as prominent as on new hakama you can still obviously tell there's pleats. So I would say you don't need to reinforce them if you just take proper care of your hakama.. aka fold them after wearing.
Yes, I'm playing paparazzi with it right now. XD

Ah, that's good to know, and I'll be sure to fold it religiously when not wearing it. Being the anal person I am, if I don't fold anything kimono related right, I throw a huge hissy fit - which is why my mumsy ain't allowed to touch my kimono. *u* Now if only I'd show the same dedication to my everyday wear...

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #57505
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Yes, I'm playing paparazzi with it right now. XD

Ah, that's good to know, and I'll be sure to fold it religiously when not wearing it. Being the anal person I am, if I don't fold anything kimono related right, I throw a huge hissy fit - which is why my mumsy ain't allowed to touch my kimono. *u* Now if only I'd show the same dedication to my everyday wear...
It's all good if you just fold it and I'm pretty sure you will.. XD
I'm kinda the same, I care more about my wafuku items than my everyday wear lol.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon
Souji Okita (SSL) - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kitacon (1-2 March 2014)
SAT Keisuke Sannan - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Gin Ichimaru - Bleach
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #57506
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So I got my copy of Fire Emblem Awakening today and the character designs. *_* Why must they be so pretty!? I really want to cosplay Robin.... Stop brain. Stop.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #57507
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I so hope you can come! Especially since I'm being Kaito from Fairy Cube on Friday and I want one person there who will know what I am!
I really want to come and see you I'm working on it!

Since I recently found my flip camera (turns out my brother took it and was hiding it) I've been really tempting to start making cosplay vlogs! They seem like a lot of fun and I talk way to much in my head, so I think it would probably be good for me.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #57508
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanVermin View Post
Are you able to work on anything while in bed? Take something small and work on it among the mounds of blankets? Unless sitting up is bad for you (room spinning, etc.)
Also, are you looking for ways to look flattering in photos? (Hope you don't mind my butting in) you could play with expressions in the mirror?
I usually work on my bed. It's just the headache thats killing me. I do try to find flattering ways to photo but it sometimes works? Its just trying to lose it without looking like the hunchback of notre dame....

Events: Kawaii Kon 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #57509
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

My items for Sheryl and POTC shipped! YAY!!! Now here comes the wave of constant checking and anxiety despite knowing the cycle already.

~Working On~
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Clawdeen Wolf Ver. (Monster High)~20%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)

~Planning Stages~
Cana Alberona (Fairy Tale)
Yuiko Hawatari (Loveless)
Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)

~On Hold~
Scheherazade Al-Rahman(Trinity Blood)~3%
Princess of the Crystal (Mawaru Penguindrum)~10%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #57510
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

It just hit me that this year is going to be crazy for me for cons!

Feb: Anime Milwaukee
April: C2E2 maybe
May: Acen
July: Anime Midwest
August: Anime World Chicago
September: Wizard World and Ramencon
November: Kollision Con
December: Anime Apocalypse and Domo Con

I am sooooooooo addicted!!! XD That's not to mention some other events and stuff I have planned for March and June too, lol. Going to be a crazy year!
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote