Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #5221
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

So I have a kind of friend/acquaintance on Facebook that I know through a con. Seems like a nice person, although a little awkward sometimes. I'll get a message from him though maybe once every 2 weeks or so, and after maybe a few minutes he just sort of disappears...It's not really like we're done talking either, he just sort of stops responding even though he's still online. I think I only remember one conversation where I said bye because he messaged me as I was about to get off :/ I just feel that he must just contact me when he has no one else to talk to. I swear our conversations are almost always the same
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #5222
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post

On a similar but not really similar topic, I am really sick of people treating depression like a cry for attention or a joke. Today in history we were talking about culture, and we had to list modern groups of people that can be compared to a culture. On the board were things like jocks, geeks, honor students, emo, etc. Then someone is called on, and he says he put "depressed people". In response, a majority of the class laughed/snickered, and one even called out "isn't that the same as emo?". I'm probably overthinking it, but it made me feel really uncomfortable, especially because I had just taken my Prozac since the first time I eat during the day is second block (granted, nobody noticed or knew I was taking medication except for the teacher).

Oh, and if I hear one more person say "You're depressed? How can you be? You always seem so happy!" I am going to punch someone in the face. I hate it when people say things along those lines. When I told one of my friends that I used to struggle with disordered eating, she looked me in the eyes and said, "How could you have anything close to an eating disorder? You're not skinny or anything." I usually try not to swear at people, but fuck you.
People can be dicks. I started getting depression in middle school. Every one said it was just me growing. Like I would grow out of my depression and get over my eating disorder in a couple months. Most of my friends didn't take it seriously. They teased me about my eating disorder and called me emo. When I talk to them now they act like they don't remember and the ones who do remember say it's because there was just no way I had issues. So many people are so ignorant. It gets frustrating.

DragonCon
Claves - Eternal Sonata
Aerith - Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
Rhyme - The World Ends With You
Megara - Disney's Hercules
riddeltk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #5223
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Thank you. This post is amazing. =3=

On a similar but not really similar topic, I am really sick of people treating depression like a cry for attention or a joke. Today in history we were talking about culture, and we had to list modern groups of people that can be compared to a culture. On the board were things like jocks, geeks, honor students, emo, etc. Then someone is called on, and he says he put "depressed people". In response, a majority of the class laughed/snickered, and one even called out "isn't that the same as emo?". I'm probably overthinking it, but it made me feel really uncomfortable, especially because I had just taken my Prozac since the first time I eat during the day is second block (granted, nobody noticed or knew I was taking medication except for the teacher).

Oh, and if I hear one more person say "You're depressed? How can you be? You always seem so happy!" I am going to punch someone in the face. I hate it when people say things along those lines. When I told one of my friends that I used to struggle with disordered eating, she looked me in the eyes and said, "How could you have anything close to an eating disorder? You're not skinny or anything." I usually try not to swear at people, but fuck you.
There's a serious issue our society has in how we treat mental illness. I think a major part of it comes from how it's portrayed in entertainment forms where characters are shown to be 'cute and quirky' because of their mental illness. That includes things like eating disorders. The image of anorexia and bulimia is a rail thin fragile looking young woman and people get this concept in their minds that if your fat, or anything beside skeletal looking, that you mustn't have an eating disorder. But you need to understand these people have no idea how the human body works, these people don't know what they're talking about and shouldn't be listened to or have their opinions valued. YOU know your body, you know what's true and wasn't it. You don't need their opinion to validate your eating disorder.

Don't feel bad about cutting toxic people out of your lives. If you have people that you find are not supportive and are hurtful to your mental health do not ever feel bad about taking the steps to live without these toxic people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
I think that's a troll account, if I recall correctly.
I was referring to the mentality as a whole and gave a random example, I wasn't aware that someone ACTUALLY did that. But I shouldn't really be surprised.

It bothers me because a trauma trigger is a serious thing that can mentally harm someone. It's not cute. It's not something people make up to tell others not to say things they just don't like.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #5224
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

You ever want to just slap someone just a little bit for things they do/how they act, but then you realize that you're too nice to go through with it? Kind of how I feel sometimes XD
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #5225
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

.........grandmother, I love you....but for the love of everything, PLEASE stop describing how my aunt got a virus and then telling whoever it is you're talking to every detail of the symptoms. I'm sick of hearing the same diarrhea and vomiting story several times a day.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #5226
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I was late to class today because apparently crosswalks are too complicated of a concept for college students to grasp. I couldn't make my turn because these morons were crossing the street when the red hand was on. I was almost angry enough to run them over just to send them a message.

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #5227
belligerent
Viking Metal

I'd strongly advise against running people over. When I was in college, way back in the stone age, we had several pedestrians die in crosswalks. I'm not sure anybody who was run over learned anything, but being run over is a shitty way to die. You would also then be REALLY late to class, since I am not sure you would be able to make bail before it started.

Also, if people walking across the street were enough to make you late, you probably would have been late, anyway, since it sounds to me like if you'd managed to get on the wrong side of a red light, it'd have taken just as long to sit through. I would advise to anybody who finds him or herself often cutting it close to being late to just leave earlier. That way, you are not as harried or stressed on your way and less likely to do something dumb.

Like get pulled over for speeding and miss your flight to yaoicon, for example. >.>
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #5228
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My parents just have supreme finger-flipping profanity-spewing skills when they get angry while driving. Seriously, I god damn HATE riding in a car/truck with either of them becuse they yell at EVERYONE for ANY driving error of ANY degree. Someone's too close to their back end, someone didn't use a turn signal, someone's on the phone, somone's too SLOW, someone's too FAST, someone didn't put on a seatbelt, someone hesitated a few seconds before turning, etcetera. They WILL NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP. The only times they've had a legit reason to scream their head off at someone on the road (with me as a passenger, at least) is three ocasions- one on the motorbike with Dad when a jackass threw his cigarette out the window and it nearly missed the windshield and would have hit dad in the face if it hadn't, two when a guy tailgated Mom while in her cube van (and doing such, she has a big blind spot- she needs to get a "If you can read this I can't see you" sticker for the back) and nearly rear-ended her as a result, and three when a guy nearly t-boned us while cutting us off in heavy traffic so he could weave crazily through a three-lane road at 80 km/h and pull into a parking lot two blocks away... (also, NEVER try and pick a fight with Mom on the road. In that cube van is an arsenal of contractor and carpenter's tools and a just-in-case crowbar under her seat. Last time it happened, she pulled out the crowbar in case the jackass meant it, and the guy took RIGHT off without another word.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #5229
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I'd strongly advise against running people over. When I was in college, way back in the stone age, we had several pedestrians die in crosswalks. I'm not sure anybody who was run over learned anything, but being run over is a shitty way to die. You would also then be REALLY late to class, since I am not sure you would be able to make bail before it started.

Also, if people walking across the street were enough to make you late, you probably would have been late, anyway, since it sounds to me like if you'd managed to get on the wrong side of a red light, it'd have taken just as long to sit through. I would advise to anybody who finds him or herself often cutting it close to being late to just leave earlier. That way, you are not as harried or stressed on your way and less likely to do something dumb.

Like get pulled over for speeding and miss your flight to yaoicon, for example. >.>
I wasn't actually ever going to run them over but I really wanted to roll down my windows and yell at them. That type of stupidity really pisses me off and I can't bring myself to feel sorry for people who are so careless about crossing the street. And if they used the crosswalk properly, I would have gotten a parking spot a lot closer to the building and thus would not be late. I had to park in the garage which is a lot further from the building. Not to mention I really hate parking there because I've had two really bad falls walking from there.

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #5230
temanocosplay

I just recently graduated from Culinary school with the pastry degree but since I live in the middle of no where NO ONE is hiring right now and even if I did get a job somewhere my commute from work is going to be long since i live out in the country. I would move but my boyfriend refuses to move out of his house and we were already in a long distance relationship for 2 years and don't want to go back to it. I'm sure i'll eventually get used to the drive but that would require someone to actually be hiring first :/ I really don't want to get a job outside of my career but I'm getting to the point where I have no other option : (
Anime Detour 2010
QZ Anime Zing 2010/11/12
Anime Spark 2011/12
Anime STL 2011

Future Cons:
Anime Zing 2013
Acen 2013
Anime Iowa 2013
Geek Kon 2013

Possible cons:
Gen con 2013
temanocosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #5231
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm really getting sick and tired of my friend's BS. I thought she has been getting better but ugh. She has the habit of whenever we get upset with her about something, she gets super defensive and then gets very angsty and writes horrible fb messages about how she's a horrible person and blah blah blah. Honestly, at this point it's like a cry for attention. It also does not help that she lives in the same room as my friend who is next door to me. I seriously don't know how I'm going to make it until May.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #5232
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

I am so tired of our maid. I'm not trying to sound snobby, I promise. She is rather rude, and I keep finding things of mine missing, as well as my mother... I had a silver necklace go missing yesterday, and my mom cannot find her wedding ring, a silver chain, or her gps.... If we call her out on it, she says she doesn't know and gets rather defensive. I stay home and school online all day, and she is very rude to me, saying I am a filthy pig and spoiled.... Anyone want to take a guess at who is about to be fired? :/
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #5233
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Oh a sticky fingers, looks like sticky fingers needs to get the police involved in her life.
Arc_The_Lad is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #5234
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Oh a sticky fingers, looks like sticky fingers needs to get the police involved in her life.
That's what I am thinking. Furthermore, she just kicked my dog. I told her to get out of the house and then I called my dad. She's lucky my dad isn't home. He's one of those "shoot first" people.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #5235
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

You see her kick it? You can tag her for animal abuse then get a warrant for a search of her.
Arc_The_Lad is online now   Reply With Quote