Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #61
violetlights
Pokemon Master

I used to have some purple christmas lights strung across the headboard of my bed that I used as a nightlight when I was younger. I randomly thought of them one day and though "huh, that would make a pretty username," and ta-da!
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #62
trmbngrl
Britt

I play trombone. I'm a girl.
Regular trombonegirl with the vowels was taken when I initially made an email. So I went with no vowels. trmbngrl was born and I keep using it. xD
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #63
LadySnowblood

I love the film.
LadySnowblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #64
AnnaJieJie

I spent a year in Taiwan, and part of that time I was volunteering at a kindergarten in Taipei. Since my real name didn't transliterate well into Mandarin, I ended up with An-Na (安哪) as my given name. The kindergartners tacked jie-jie onto the end because it means "older sister."
AnnaJieJie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #65
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

It's my first and middle name.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #66
kidcyco

In a time long ago before most of you were born and punk rockers owned the streets of Hollywood,I was dared to jump off the max factor building into the trash dumpsters.
Broke both my legs doing it and somebody was already named cyco and I was only 12 so I got the kid part added.
kidcyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #67
Sport_Shop
Optimistic Optimist

Weird weird story. Waay back when I played club penguin, I saw a weird username Sport Shop. Years later, trying to find out a username when I first played Minecraft, they didn't let me use the the cooler names, so I just went with Sport_Shop. Ever since, every username of mine was always Sport_Shop or something. The end.
Sport_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #68
UrbanVermin

I live in the suburbs and I didn't feel like using suburbanmouse for everythin.
UrbanVermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #69
double00beaver
Disco Toast

I used to watch the Nickelodeon show Angry Beavers a ton and one of the character's secret identities was a James Bond parody named 00Beaver. So that's been my username for years. Sort of embarrassed by it now, I want to change my username but I don't want to start over with a new account.
double00beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #70
KumiWolf3

Talking

My username came around after my friends started calling me shadow ninja which has a long story that goes with it. And one day I was looking around online for the japanese word for shadow which turned out to be Kumori. I shortened it to Kumi and added on wolf cause wolves are my favorite animal.
KumiWolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #71
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

EvilLittleKiss:
My bff's nickname for me is Evil Slut, despite the fact that I'm not that evil or slutty.

Little and Kiss come from the last 4 letters of my last name, which is Gyurkikiss/Gyűrki-Kiss. Kiss is pronounced "kish" and is the archaic spelling of the Hungarian word for little, Kis. (Also pronounced "kish".) Since like 99% of Americans don't know Hungarian, everyone keeps mispronouncing my last name into "Guy-yurk-ih-kiss".

In case you're wondering, my last name should actually be pronounced more like "Djyuur-ki-kish" but my family has Americanized it into "Gear-key-kish."

Currently working on:
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Tumblr: http://justacrazedfangirl.tumblr.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #72
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Starting in my late high school years, when I was starting to get into the Goth subculture. I had heard that some people within the culture like to give themselves nicknames, so I decided to do the same. Probably one of the most common of goth nicknames is Raven, so I went with the latin name for Raven Which was Corvus corax (Corvus for short).

The word Inkubae was created like this. First, it's derived from the word Incubus, which is the word for a male demon who seduces women in their sleep. The plural word for incubus is incubi. I changed the C to a K and changed the I to an AE to both give the word a pagan/wiccan styling, and to make the word look and sound cooler. Hence the name Corvus Inkubae was born

The use of numbering in my username comes from the cyber-industrial scene. Here's how numbers can replace letters

0=O 1=I 3=E 4=A 5=S 6=G 7=L 8=B 9=Q

So I incorperated the numbers into my username and that's how my username on Cosplay.com came to be
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #73
Riaure
Wei Pon

I wanted a name for my blood elf priest on wow, and my name is Ria [short for Victoria] and I just keyboard mashed until something looked cool.

No, seriously.
Riaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #74
temanocosplay

My username was this annoying name but basically had something to do with Shikamaru and Temari. Now on the AI forums where I am more active, people kept getting tired of typing my whole username and so they started calling me Tema to shorten it up being as I cosplayed Temari and not shikamaru. When I decided to change my name, I wanted it to be related to her and so its a pun off of her name Temari No Sabaku hence temanocosplay.....since I cosplay and my nickname is Tema xD
Anime Detour 2010
QZ Anime Zing 2010/11/12
Anime Spark 2011/12
Anime STL 2011

Future Cons:
Anime Zing 2013
Acen 2013
Anime Iowa 2013
Geek Kon 2013

Possible cons:
Gen con 2013
temanocosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #75
Tak-kun
King of the Shotacon!

Back when I was younger, I watched Digimon Frontier for the first time. Despite everyone else hating it, I simply adored it, and above all, Takuya. He was/is just so cool. 8D
So I adopted his name for my online gaming persona's. It's stuck with me ever since, but I add different flairs to it depending on how I wish to present myself. In this case, I took the Tak from Takuya and added on -kun, since I've always thought -kun was adorable.

And it rolls off the tongue easy. Try it. Tak-kunTak-kunTak-kun. x3
Tak-kun is offline   Reply With Quote