Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #16
Talismand

honestly the show is entertaining to watch. i watch it after the office and liked the first episode. it's a weird way of showing how people think nerds act and such. the second episode made me so sad because the rocker left and not the oh so annoying girl he went up against. besides that you just need to look at it as a comedy more then anything. the pink haired chick is so awesome though and the pro gamer/cube master is pretty awesome as well.
Talismand is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
I know that there will be people stupid enough to judge me and others based on this episode.
If someone is stupid then their good opinion are not worth worrying about.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
OswaldnOrtensia

It's an interesting show, I'll probably watch to see the competitions. I just wished that it wasn't so staged, I feel like it would be more enjoyable. Although Nerdvana looks like my own personal heaven.

My bets are on Moogega or Ivan to win.

Also Lizzie McGuire's dad is a host. That's apart of my childhood that I am so happy to see.
OswaldnOrtensia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
SilverStarboy

I tried watching the first episode, and it was just painful and embarrassing. It exploited nerds of our most annoying stereotypes and gave us a bad name really. But should I really have expected less from reality tv?
SilverStarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #20
hawk222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talismand View Post
honestly the show is entertaining to watch. i watch it after the office and liked the first episode. it's a weird way of showing how people think nerds act and such. the second episode made me so sad because the rocker left and not the oh so annoying girl he went up against. besides that you just need to look at it as a comedy more then anything. the pink haired chick is so awesome though and the pro gamer/cube master is pretty awesome as well.
It's hard to only see it as a comedy without taking into account how this will affect the way some viewers will start to or continue to see nerds, though. Or at least, it is for me...
hawk222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #21
RobbyKun
Twerk Team

I haven't seen this show, and I honestly don't care to. Like everyone else has said in here already, it just seems like a way to exploit a certain demographic and paint an already negative stereotype on them.

It reminds me of how angry I was that a show called Collection Intervention was being shown, and refused to watch it because I thought it negatively stereotyped collectors as crazy people (as well as cosplaying, my other biggest hobby is toy collecting), though I grudgingly admit, the show wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Does anyone have anything good to say about this show? Did anyone every see the second show? Isn't that the one with George Takei and Yaya Han?
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #23
CosplayerKirito
"The Invisible"

Seems most people just want to complain about the show. I enjoy it. Yeah, they're commercializing nerds, but who cares? Danielle, for example, is a reporter of sorts on the latest news and updates for WoW and LoL. She's been portrayed as a complete bitch in the show, but she's really not. I had the chance to interview her a couple years back, and she's a very nice person. Very humble.
Heathcliff
Asuna
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Ino Yamanaka 75% (Need wig cut and styled)
Conventions Planned:
CosplayerKirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #24
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
Does anyone have anything good to say about this show? Did anyone every see the second show? Isn't that the one with George Takei and Yaya Han?
That was the part that pissed me off.
Unread 02-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #25
hawk222

Quote:
Seeing Yaya Han actually inspired me to watch her on deviantART. Never heard of her before, but she's quite the talented cosplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosplayerKirito View Post
Seems most people just want to complain about the show. I enjoy it. Yeah, they're commercializing nerds, but who cares? Danielle, for example, is a reporter of sorts on the latest news and updates for WoW and LoL. She's been portrayed as a complete bitch in the show, but she's really not. I had the chance to interview her a couple years back, and she's a very nice person. Very humble.
I agree with you about Danielle, as I saw Joshua (Jovenshire) interview her and two other contestants on a bonus segment on a channel that he co-hosts (Smosh Games), and the networks love to take things out of context and mix up things to make you like or dislike certain people.
Still, it's not the fact that they're commercializing nerds that upsets me: it's the aftermath of said commercializing. I mean, most people don't take what they see on TV with a grain of salt. They'll watch an episode of the Big Bang Theory, then go up to someone they deem a nerd and ask them to do science stuff. (Obviously that's an exaggerated example, but the point remains.) This is why the show is a bad idea in my opinion.

Well, since Joshua/Jovenshire is no longer there, I wash my hands of this show.
hawk222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #26
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Quote:
Yaya and George were the best parts of the show IMO.
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote