Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Review: EZ Cosplay

I ordered a Bass Armstrong Dead or Alive 5 costume, the one with the vest and black pants.

Nothing here went right. In their defense, their description of "XL" seems to be smaller than the American one. I understand that. However:

Poor construction
Irregular seams
Very cheap materials
No attention detail with some details ignored completely
The stars-and-stripes do rag was replaced with a black shower cap with irregular red and white stripes on the side, and the stars were replaced with painted on flowers.

It seems that if you have any orders that are outside their normal catalog, no matter how simple, you can't expect anything to be done with anything approaching quality.

There is... nothing I can really recommend here other than STAY AWAY.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Freight

After a phone call and an e-mail, they finally responded with an e-mail saying they're not good with design and that the costume (a vest, shirt, do-rag, and pants) was difficult. They'll only refund my money if I send back the costume... to China.
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
usuyukisou

Ouch, that sounds awful. If you go for the refund, I would pay for signature confirmation.

I've warned some very casually cosplaying friends away from EZ Cosplay. Off the top of my head, there are stolen photos from CosplayMagic, Kipi (Japanese cosplayer), Kirana (Ukrainian? cosplayer) and Kirawinter (photographer), and a taobao wig store whose name eludes me... At any rate, that alone says to me that they are lacking in scruples...
Unread 12-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Freight

They're now saying I didn't send detailed enough pictures to work with. If that was a problem, my e-mail was certainly available.

I filed disputes with Paypal instead because I shouldn't incur costs of shipping if they used FedEx. They can prepay a label and give me a confirmation number.

I also have my formal review approved by my editor at missionstartpodcasts.com. I sent them a couple of paragraphs initially to voice my issues, and their response was that it was unfair of me to post a review.
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I love how they are saying "Poor constructio, Irregular seams and Very cheap materials" (as you put on here that were wrong), as a problem with not enough references....lol That's probably the worst excuse I've ever heard..I'm sorry you had to deal with this scam of a site..These things are exactly why I commission and make stuff myself..Even a decently made commission looks better then a cosplay sites costume..
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Freight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
I love how they are saying "Poor constructio, Irregular seams and Very cheap materials" (as you put on here that were wrong), as a problem with not enough references....lol That's probably the worst excuse I've ever heard..I'm sorry you had to deal with this scam of a site..These things are exactly why I commission and make stuff myself..Even a decently made commission looks better then a cosplay sites costume..
The responses are getting more wacky, too.

Now they're accusing me of wanting to keep the money and the costume since I want a refund before I attempt to send back the costume. For me, since they make it clear that satisfaction isn't of their interest and they have yet to fulfill any of their promises, I'd rather have the money in hand first rather than take their word that they will do what they say they will.

@JasonTerror: I was trying to find a good commissioner for a costume for ALA due to my regular commissioner being busy until February 2013. Now, I'm pretty much out of time for the winter season unless I want to pay through the nose.
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

WEll about the refund before sending it back..That's basically not gonna happen..I have never seen a business of any kind in the entire world give a refund before they get the item back..What you want to do though if sending it back, if get proof that you sent it out in return for the refund. That way if for some reason they don't refund you, they can get in serious trouble. But yea, you will never see the money until they recieve the costume back.

Sorry you couldn't find a commissioner in time.
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
Freight

I just received another e-mail.

They agreed to refund the money immediately, and after I receive it, I will send them back the costume.

At least this is ending well.
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Really? That's GREAT!! You got super lucky though..Don't expect every company to do that now lol I'm actually amazed after accusing you of wanting the cosplay AND money back, that they would do that..Oh well, it worked out better so that's good lol
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
Sakura Efreet
Meep...!

I am so happy I saw this before attempting to order from them. They have a big presence on facebook, and that's how I found out about them. It seemed like they had a lot of happy customers, but those people may have been bribed to leave them good reviews on facebook.

Can you add this review to the Commissioner Review Thread? I checked there first before I happened to see this one. It may help people like myself, so we don't commission from them. Thanks.

I live in Ohio and I try to catch every con in this state and the surrounding states (when money allows).
I have been cosplaying since the age of 9, and when I'm not cosplaying...
I'm a college student and an Irish dancer. ;]
Sakura Efreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
Freight

Finished the full review.

http://www.missionstartpodcast.com/1...-about-it.html