Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 263 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #7876
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbra.Exe View Post
supergeekgirl: I would say just leave your hair long. My hair is nearly mid-back, and I couldn't get a proper wig in time for Halloween. So I was Big Boss with super-long hair. ^^; No one cared! (They did keep mentioning my glasses though. Oh, how I wish for contacts... XD)
Well I feel better now knowing that I'm not the only one that does a long haired Big Boss. I do go contacts and full beard though. The wig I have just annoys the crap out of me (I like full armor cosplays too, so to say that I can't stand wigs is actually a big deal) I guess one day I should just buck up and wear it for the dang convention.
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #7877
Gollum

The last picture from Paris Japan Expo 2012

Unread 02-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #7878
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkRaven View Post
supergeekgirl: My recommendation for using your real hair, if you want to go to the trouble, is to perhaps get your hair layered in such a way so that some of your hair is teh appropriate length. After that you can try and hide the rest under the uniform! (I had to do taht a few times, seemed to work decently). It's a good compromise between cutting it completely and having to wear a wig I suppose?

Man, haven't visted this thread in too long! I've been doing a bunch of other cosplays, but it's high-time I get around to reworking my Ocelot uniform top. I realized recently that it's actually a bit small and not as well fitted as I'd like (Plus it was the first time EVER I made a shirt with a collar and everything, honestly I'm surprised it came out that well :''D )
What I ended up doing was pinning it up and then pulling the pins at an "epic" moment after our first fight scene so I didn't have to worry about it during the final fight where I actually went down a couple of times. It worked really well, and the hair reveal got a huge gasp from the audience.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #7879
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

supergeekgirl: Sounds awesome! You must've done a really great job for them to gasp like that c:

Any Metal Gear cosplayers heading to PAX East this year? I was only able to get the Friday and Saturday passes, but I'll be doing two of my cosplays while I'm there. Friday I'll be doing my RED Spy, but on Saturday I'll definitely be doing my Young Ocelot.

EDIT

I found a way to make them! I have a thing called Instant Mold, which is usable plastic that's used mainly to create miniature tabletop molds. However, it can be used for other stuff as well. I plan on casting a real bullet, then using the mold to make as many as I need out of Sculpey c: Since a bullet doesn't really have any thin/delicate pieces I figured Sculpey would be perfect.

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by InkRaven : 02-18-2013 at 03:32 PM.
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:54 AM   #7880
starnes82

aww, you beat me to the answer inkraven. lol, a friend of mine did the same thing for his red dead costume.
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #7881
color
Phantom Detective

Selling Gray Fox helmet

Selling my snazzy gray fox mask.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160978934896?...#ht_500wt_1414
color is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #7882
Gollum

Little paint job of my M4 MGS style...

Unread 02-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #7883
Garfsan
Tempus Fugit

I recently got myself an M4 for my Pliskin, and I was wondering as its not the default vanilla M4 is that a problem?

Or does it have to be a basic one like he has?
Unread 02-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #7884
Gollum

Do you whant like this ? :

or this :

http://www.google.fr/imgres?start=28...,s:200, i:280

But not vanilla (just for mgs4)...

Last edited by Gollum : 02-26-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Update links
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #7885
Garfsan
Tempus Fugit

I like the one he has as Pliskin, but mine looks like this:

http://bbguns4less.co.uk/product_ima...69039_zoom.jpg

So is there a huge difference?
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #7886
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Gah! Someone put up video of our little in-between skits in the masquerade! Here's the part where I let my hair down. It's cute. http://youtu.be/6yCIsZQj5QI?t=14m15s
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #7887
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Supergeekgirl, that was awesome! You do the Boss's voice really well too! c:

In other news, HOLY CRAP MAKING MOLDS IS HARD. It must've taken me about twety tries to get the darn thing right. The main thing is that it's a two-part mold, which is a lot harder to pull off with the instant mold than a simple pressing. Luckily, when the instant mold cools, any warm/squishy instant mold you put on it doesn't stick! I used that discovery to help make the top half of the mold without having to cut out the bullet (there's still cut lines on it from when I was still trying to do that... :'D)

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #7888
FireSpyro
Foxhound

Hello,

Now I know a million people have probably asked questions very similar about what I am going to ask but I thought this would be the best place to ask. I'm cosplaying Meryl Silverburgh from MGS4 at May London MCM 2013 (yes, I know, only 2 months way) and my partner is going as Johnny but I've looked around at all the gear and the one thing I am unsure of is both of their tops. They look very skin tight and Meryl's is like a seperate long glove I will say to the top. I don't know where to start with this because I don't know about the material, and then it looks like it's split into 2 colours and with that what colour is it? As I have seen some people make it blue but it looks very grey-ee green to me.

After that there is Johnnys which is a bit easier as it isn't 'split' at the arm like Meryl's but as with hers I don't know on material.

Last thing is with the darker parts on top, is that padding? Where the holes on the shoulders are?

Any help would be great, I know that this is the best place to ask.

Thanks
FireSpyro

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
FireSpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #7889
FireSpyro
Foxhound

It's all good, I found Akira_Chan's posts on how she did it, where would all the Meryl cosplayers be without her =)

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
FireSpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #7890
Diegator
User of Swords

Anyone from this forum going to be at Sakuracon in Seattle this weekend?