Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 02-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Khorrupt

Removing PAX?

I used PAX on both of my arms, and it looks great. Thing is, it is an absolute NIGHTMARE to remove.

I literally spent about an hour in the shower scratching it off with my nails. Not only will I not be able to sit in the shower and chisel it off with my fingernails while in a hotel room, but I also just do NOT want to go through the pain of doing it again! So what is your best method for removing PAX? ._.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
belligerent
Viking Metal

I've tried both Agent X and the Pros-Aide and PAX Remover from FX Warehouse and neither worked particularly well...still took two-three hours and lots of scrubbing (and bleeding) to get it off, so not those.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #3
Frekki

I don't think there really is an easy way to get this stuff off. A while back I did a cosplay that required almost full body painting and it took me about two hours to get it all off. I tried Pros-Aide but it didn't seem to do much good. It helped a little with stubborn edges but the best method I found was to soak in the tub for a bit then rub the stuff off with fingers. On me it sorta rolled off, I didn't have to do much scraping. I used a little more paint than Pax in my mixture so I think that helped get it off easier. My friend (who also did nearly full body paint) had a much harder time to get it off than I did. Her paint was old and a different brand so that might have contributed to the difficulty of getting the stuff off as well. Not sure really, but I'd avoid the harsh chemicals since it might damage your skin. A washcloth and lots of time worked best for me.
Frekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Faraday
oh modern man.

Options for removers include 99% alcohol, Bond Off and the more "heavy duty" remover is Telesis solvent. I suggest just a lot of soaking in the solvents (wash cloth would probably be most effective), then rinsing off and using a soft bristle body brush instead of just scraping it off, otherwise your skin will not be happy.
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
verdatum
Extremely registered user

Best way to remove it in a Con hotel? Just don't. Leave it on for the whole con, and take it off slowly and carefully once you get home. Take a regular shower, and just avoid scrubbing the painted parts of your skin. Your body generates a new layer of skin about every 2 days, so after that time, it will come off more easily. Soaking in a warm tub and using a washcloth with a little soap works fine for me.

If you want to switch characters in the middle of the con, or if you need to get it off quickly for some other reason, you might want to consider an alternative to PAX, like moist cake makeup (e.g. Kryolan Aquacolor) coated with fixing spray.

Also, apply moisturizer before applying the PAX. Give a few minutes to be absorbed into the skin. This makes removal easier, and helps protect the skin from irritation while removing it.