Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
I never talked to the Otakon staff. The ladies handing out the badges were awfully nice at Otakon though. As for the rest of the con staff at Otakon though, I never really saw or talked to any.
Only reason I was able to talk to them this past year was because I spent most of my time in Otachan making paper cranes XD I had some...craziness happen this past Otakon, and I liked escaping to Otachan and Otacafe...
Quote:
I don't see why a name would matter, since you can easily write anything like "Ichigo" on it, and anyone can still use the darn thing. :/
Ha, I know. I didn't write my real name myself; I used to my internet name. Ohhhh well ^_^

Unread 02-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalbakaness View Post
Only reason I was able to talk to them this past year was because I spent most of my time in Otachan making paper cranes XD I had some...craziness happen this past Otakon, and I liked escaping to Otachan and Otacafe...
Was Otacafe the maid/butler cafe thing they had going? I heard about something like that, but never went. x:.... Guessing Otachan is hands on stuff, or is it strictly origami? I really didn't attend any events comnme to think of it. Went to the AMV contest and the Gaiaonline panel, as well as the Masquerade. That's all I can remember. s:

Quote:
Ha, I know. I didn't write my real name myself; I used to my internet name. Ohhhh well ^_^
Oh, I mean no name at all on the badge. I mean strictly a blank badge.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #18
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Was Otacafe the maid/butler cafe thing they had going? I heard about something like that, but never went. x:.... Guessing Otachan is hands on stuff, or is it strictly origami? I really didn't attend any events comnme to think of it. Went to the AMV contest and the Gaiaonline panel, as well as the Masquerade. That's all I can remember. s:
Otacafe was where they did karaoke. They had tables and chairs set up so you could rest and eat and all. It got loud, but it was a nice place to rest one's feet and be entertained.
Otachan was actually meant for the kids, but I think I saw more teenagers and adults there than anything. It had all kinds of crafts, but I love making cranes, so I stuck to that table. I had so much fun there that I want to check out the Chibi Zone at AB. We're all kids at heart, right? :-P
Honestly, I didn't do much with regards to events and all. Went to some photoshoots, and I went to half of the Sailor Moon panel (I think I'm spoiled by the Sailor Moon panel at AB; this one just couldn't compare). But Otakon was a lot of fun, just rather overwhelming, even for my second year there.
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Ohhh, so basically a take on a music cafe. Kind of with I went there now. Sounds like something I would have enjoyed.

I never been to Chibi Zone, so I don't EXACTLY know what they are, but I DO know about CZ atleast. Yeah, we are. xD.... Heck, we are adults, still playing dress up, right? But as my driver at work who is 61 says, why not be a little immature? If it means having fun, have fun! As long as it isn't hurting anyone or yourself, go to where ever you would enjoy yourself. ... She's pretty funny for a 61 year old lady too. She collects guitars, and wants to buy cardboard cutouts of Elvis, Paul McCartney and George Harrison just to jam with them. Can't get cooler than that. xD

Never went to the Sailor Moon panel, but AM a fan. s:... I'd stop by if it was scheduled better, but every year, it collides with another event I want. s:.... Doing an SM cosplay this year, so maybe it would be worth it to stop by this year, IF I can. s:

Same. It's fun, but I dunno, too overwhelming is probably right. *Shrug*

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #20
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Atlanta Anime Day..no one in particular. They're held twice a year here (one in spring, one in fall) and are one of the smallest conventions I go to, but that's why I enjoy them so much. I'm not running around trying to find the panels, photoshoot locations, people, etc. I have to make the most of my con time since I stay for only 7 hours for one day if I'm really lucky, since my parents don't want to stay at a hotel there and can only afford the drive for one day. However..because of this, and the fact there are no panels, I'm able to focus a lot more on the people and just making friends instead of trying to have a huge wonderful con experience. Too many good memories have happened for me there to say all of them, but I can find and hang out with the best people so easily and not have to worry about any schedules conflicting- it's just a very relaxed atmosphere and wonderful location, but it's still busy and has a lot of quality costumes and photoshoots available.
Also..as far as location..it has restaurants close by! I shouldn't have to say that's a high point for a con, but too often have there not been any good places to eat nearby that isn't ridiculously priced. There's a Waffle House right nextdoor that always welcomes the cosplayers at the con with open arms, even taking pictures of and complimenting us. Ah, good times.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #21
Julesie

London MCM was the best Con I've ever been to. I was amazed when I went for the first time last October and really can't wait to go again in May. I just liked how huge the venue was and how the dealers room was quite large too unlike another convention I went to where everything was in one room and you couldn't sit anywhere.

I also really enjoyed Kitacon because it was my first ever convention and there seemed to be a lot to do. Sadly, I missed it all as being my first con I was so swept away with everything I managed to forget to check times for events.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #22
mentokjebus

Dragon*con in Atlanta, GA if and only if you're 21 or above.
mentokjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #23
Tak-kun
King of the Shotacon!

Seeing as how I'm unable to travel and there are only a few local cons, I'm extremely biased.

I'm respecting your wishes by telling you I'm biased but asserting my right to freedom of speech by giving it to you anywaaays!

Anime Vegas, /especially/ now that it's back at the Cashman Center. What, you can actually move around in the dealers room?! BLASPHEMY.

Ken Amada Dark Hour uniform - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Kyo Sohma Winter school uniform - Fruits Basket

Honey-senpai Ouran school uniform - Ouran Highschool Host Club

Future Cosplays:

Sora - KH2

Roxas - KH2

Len Kagamine Append - Vocaloid

My Life In a Nutshell
Tak-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #24
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Well, I haven't been yet but I'm sure I'll have an awesome time at Mega Con if I make it. I'm trying to make my mom preregister!

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon 3 | Anime Festival Orlando 15 |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
alisia lycide

AnimeNEXT.

The staff was horrible there, the first day of the con last year they shut the dealers room down early without any notice. They had no idea what they were doing.

But the people I met and hung out with were the nicest people I ever met.
alisia lycide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
mentokjebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLuxray25 View Post
Well, I haven't been yet but I'm sure I'll have an awesome time at Mega Con if I make it. I'm trying to make my mom preregister!
Megacon was actually pretty bad imo.

There's a gigantic dealer's room... and that's it. There is almost no programming and the convention closes at like 6pm or something each day.

The costumes are ok, but all the really nice ones and all the big players go up to Katsucon that same weekend.
mentokjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #27
StarBlaze73

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia lycide View Post
AnimeNEXT.

The staff was horrible there, the first day of the con last year they shut the dealers room down early without any notice. They had no idea what they were doing.
Oh goodness, I remember this. I think it closed at 6, when the schedule said 8?

My favorite will always be Otakon. This will be my 7th year going. I have been to Anime Boston, and I liked it there too, but it's a little too far for me to go every year.
StarBlaze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
alisia lycide

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBlaze73 View Post
Oh goodness, I remember this. I think it closed at 6, when the schedule said 8?
Yeah, I think it was 6. I got out of the Berryz Koubou concert at like 7, I went to go back to the dealers room and they gave me an attitude telling me it was closed. >__< It was quite frustrating.
alisia lycide is offline   Reply With Quote