Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 01-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Akanoyoru
Akanoyoru

Fate/Stay Night Gilgamesh Cosplay

New to the forums, and thus my first post.
As the title implies, I'm working on a Gilgamesh Cosplay, for Anime Boston. I plan on getting a blonde wig (as I don't have the patience to style my brown-blonde hair the day of the convention) and possibly seeing an optometrist about colored contacts (depending on the price). This is the first time I'll be sinking more than $25 into cosplaying.

Here is the torso WIP
http://photo.cosplay.com/328901/3346046.jpg

And Me wearing the WIP armor, with the gauntlets (sans finger guards). The armor fits like a glove, although its kinda hard to tell by the awkward angle I'm at.
http://photo.cosplay.com/328901/3346055.jpg

I plan on smoothing the foam with toilet paper and acrylic Gesso in a similar fashion as one would do with paper mache. The latex component in the Gesso will ensure that the armor is flexible and strong enough to move around in.
Akanoyoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Roxie~
Imma Goldfish~<3

Dude! That looks amazing! Please PLEASEEE hunt me down at AB, I'll be doing Illya, and I really want photos with a gilgamesh.

Now that the fangirl is done. ^^;

Wigs are defiantly the way to go, it makes cosplays so much easier. And if you need some sites for contacts I have a few. One in the U.S and one outside the U.S. The one outside the U.S doesn't need prescription, but they have it too.

Also there is going to be a Fate Stay Night/ Fate Zero meet up! It should be on Saturday, but here is the AB thread.

http://forums.animeboston.com/viewto...p?f=22&t=15833

And I do apologize if I fan girl to much. xD Fate series brings out the best/worst in me....

Echo - Phantasy Star Online 2

Athena - Angelic Layer

Roxie~ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Akanoyoru
Akanoyoru

A REPLY! YAAAAY!!
Okay, my excitement is over.
Well, if I decide to get contacts (e.g. save enough money for them) I'll probably go get a prescription. I've heard horror stories about non prescription contacts, and I kinda need my eyes to be a cartoonist type person.
The Fate series is awesome. Ufotable did a beautiful job for Fate/Zero. Dem colors...
Although I have yet to play through the Fate/Stay night visual novel. All well, something for me to do.
I've completed the foam construction for the armor (no pics, so it didn't happen), which means I get to invest in a $30 big ol' bucket of gesso. Yay! Latex! Then on to Enuma Elish!
Akanoyoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
Sharkface

Did you finish this yet? I am working on my Gilgamesh as well and was hoping to see your progress!
Sharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
Zero1990

Awesome Gilgamesh cosplay! I was considering going as him to a future con, but have have a tough time finding possible patterns to make the armor. Any chance you have any?
Zero1990 is offline   Reply With Quote