Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #1
Oscuro_Lupo
Account Closed.

Stolen Cosplay photos from all over

Hey guys. Recently I've deleted all my cosplay photos from Cosplay.com because this man:
https://www.facebook.com/axel.suzuki2

Has been stealing and using my, and everyone else's cosplay photos. If you look into his profile photos, he has my personal photos (that have nothing to do with cosplay) and cosplay photos. He's also stolen many works from many cosplayers, and one of his friends stole my identity today. Luckily, I got her banned but he continues to exist.
I'm not sure what to do and I'm really worried about this. Can anyone help?

I'm afraid to upload any more cosplay photos or personal photos anywhere because these people keep stealing them and claiming that they're them.

If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
And please report him. He needs his account banned

Cosplays:
Karena Lesproux - Finished
Classic Lara Croft - Completed
Jill Valentine-RE-3 - In Progress
Oscuro_Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

...Creepy. Seriously, how has he not been banned? I know stolen pictures are a widespead problem with cosplay, but making a Facebook identity with them... That's low.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
usuyukisou

I've seen it happen before.

That's why I'm also quite paranoid of uploading pics... My plan is to only upload after watermarking the heck out of each photo, even if it is to the detriment of the photo. My current project is designing a good logo that doesn't quite look good enough for thieves to brush off.

You can report him because they are your photos he stole. I cannot report him because I am not the owner of the photos. You can contact other cosplayers he stole from as well, because only the owners of the photos can report for infringement.
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

At the moment I only see a ton of Resident Evil images, and a bunch of images of people in gas masks... The guy seems to be a little obsessive over that, and it's a bit creepy.

But yeah, if you see your photo on there, report it. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't seem like there's much we can do about these kinds of things. This happens every so often, and that's just a risk of putting your images online where anyone and everyone can see them. I'm not trying to defend him but that's just the truth. I'm not trying to sound mean here, but if you don't want someone to steal a picture, the best course of action is to simply not upload it online. It's unfortunate but that's all you can do to prevent it.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
Oscuro_Lupo
Account Closed.

I've taken all of the above steps to take care of this. I've gotten mine removed from this weirdos profile, but he's not banned unforunately. I also got my imposter banned but she created a HUGE mess. I've had to report so many violations that my inbox is full of legal stuff. It's stupid. And it's all because of these suzuki people. Also, I've taken steps to watermark the crap out of everything I own. Unfortunately, the imposter still has my files on her hard drive, so we'll see if she creates another account with them :/

Cosplays:
Karena Lesproux - Finished
Classic Lara Croft - Completed
Jill Valentine-RE-3 - In Progress
Oscuro_Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote