Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 450 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #10081
Seifer-sama

@ Ilafatyu: Ha ha! That sounds like a plan!! I had to laugh that your Link gets the practice test mail. Honestly though if you are putting the work in, I think you should decide who gets what. And thanks for the compliments on Zant. I am so excited to finally have a more accurate armor for him!

@ Nandra: Wow I love the sword!!! I am also so excited to see your Zelda revisions. I am certain it will be lovely. And thanks for the interest in our goddess group. It's a slow project, but I think it will be well worth it in the end. The difficulty is trying to figure out how to work on it in my tiny house, there's just not enough room! :P

Cosplay Update: Working on the TP Zelda cloak again. I finally started the hourglasses and was on the last symbol on the front when I completely ran out of thread... So another shopping trip this weekend. I am not taking any chances, this time I am buying them all out! :P Pictures soon, when it doesn't look like an unfinished mess of string and fabric. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 02-06-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #10082
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Seifer-sama: That's alright! I can bookmark the page, so it's no problem~ How many people do you have in your group currently? I sort of envy you guys, I've been working on my project for a while, but I'm doing everything solo. I'm so excited for you guys~

Your Zant looks amazing too! Wow, excellent craftsmanship!

Nandra: Your sword is looking great! Is paper clay fairly easy to use? I've only worked with cardboard for smaller details, but it looks like it would be easier to do fine work with it?

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #10083
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Con is next week and Zelda still needs her dark pink bodice sewn and the other elf ear painted. I can make it.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #10084
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

sailortintin: Best of luck that you can finish on time~!

Progress: Alright... If my hat wasn't so wonderfully comfortable like a pillow, I would be angry at it. Though, I think I managed to get a pattern that I like, and I've been asking around a bit for opinions if I should change anything, or general ideas/comments?

This is what I have so far (it's just pinned like no tomorrow, until I sew it.. haha) http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3348416/

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #10085
Seifer-sama

@ HylianKnight: Thank you! Currently we just have four people involved, but it would be wonderful if we could get some more help. We are hoping that once we get a little further along on our progress, we might have some more volunteers to join us.

And thank you for the compliments on Zant. I am so happy with how the updated version looks. I can't wait to do a shoot for him.

I love your Link hat by the way! Finally a hat that defies gravity and stays poofy!

@ sailortintin: Good luck! You can do it!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #10086
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

@seifer: Ooch... sympathies on the space issue. Speaking as someone whose living room is strewn with newspaper and sandpaper, I feel your pain! Thanks for the kind words, too. ^^

@HylianKnight: Oh my gosh, I cannot recommend paperclay highly enough. I mean, you probably shouldn't have got me started talking about it, I'll be going all poetic about my deep love for it. xD But seriously, it's awesome. If sculpting's a comfortable medium for you, then it's really intuitive to use. Plus, it sands like a dream, AND sticks to cardboard!
And it's cheap. And I -really- like that.

Okay, I'll stop now. I swear I'm not getting a kick-back from Paperclay's manufacturers. ^^

Btw, I adore the poofiness of your Link hat! It just looks so much more right for the character than all those limp, "more realistic" hats.
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #10087
Seifer-sama

@ Nandra: Ha ha! At least it's comforting to know I am not the only one who has these issues. Still though, newspaper and sandpaper sounds like a really challenge to deal with. :P I also second you on your praises of the paperclay. It's a great medium to work with, it's just fragile, my only complaint.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #10088
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I styled my wig today! I'm actually pretty proud. It's my first real wig styling attempt and my first time making a faux-lace front wig! (:
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #10089
Ilafatyu
That guy

Your wig looks great, Ichigo! Especially the color. Good choice with that, it matches your coloration perfectly.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #10090
Akaya-chan

I'm a newbie on posting here, but planning on making TP Link for the upcoming Buchemesse.
I'm looking specifically for a picture of screenshot of the underside of Link's tunic's sleeves and a way how to carry any of his items/equipments to use on photo's (I only could figure out to put some items on my belt and my Quiver on my back next to my sword sheath) around on the convention.
This because i'm planning on making and dragging around almost all of Link's items (no iron boots or arrows due convention rules).

- Akaya-chan
Akaya-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #10091
Koco

I have a question! It's one that's been eating me up for a while now. I'm building a cosplay of the Skull Kid from Twilight Princess, and I'm trying to figure out what to build the hat out of. Basically, I already did have a first go at said hat but my only issue with it is that it's... well, stiff. I would love to figure out what sorts of materials to use in order to get the movement/bounciness that it has in-game.

As seen in this video, for example--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzsCcYPrY_I

I would appreciate any advice. <3
Koco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #10092
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'm not sure if I ever showed you guys my progress for my niece's Midna cosplay. (I wanted to work on the shadow form of Midna when Link is a human and not a beast) As I work on it she has fun wearing her helmet a lot xD
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/420611/

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #10093
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Seifer-sama: I wish you the best to get more help needed! I'm sure your project will get super popular fast~

Nandra: Haha, it's alright! The more info, the better, I don't mind people being passionate about techniques, and projects~ Thank you for sharing!

ichigo_m.: Your wig looks great! Very impressive for a first time too!

Akaya-chan: Here's some concept art Link, there is a little image in pencil that shows the underarm, and how the cross-cording is what's holding it together. So you'll naturally have gaps when moving. The border runs along the entire length, so it's not too complicated. Unfortunately, I haven't looked into storing all the items yet, so hopefully someone else can give you some ideas.

Koco: I'm afraid I'm not good with fabrics... But I hope you find some answers that you're looking for!

LinkPwnsGanon: Your niece looks so happy in that costume, haha. Excellent work! I've never seen her shadowed version, so I love the creativity~ Thank you for sharing!

Progress: Ok.. I think I covered everyone.. XD Unfortunately not much new to update on my side, I'll be going ahead and sewing up my hats this week, and finishing the accessories. Thank you everyone who helped with comments, you guys are the best. I'll be working hard the next two weeks to get Link done in time for a convention. D: So time to disappear for a bit! And best of luck on everyone's projects!

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #10094
winryrockbell27

@LinkPwnsGanon: Wow! She will make a great Midna, poses and all!

@Koco: I'd say some sort of light interfacing, so the top is free to bounce around but still has structure. I think there are some witch hat tutorials looming around here, which you can alter to make your Skull kid hat.

I just worked on TP Zelda's earrings. The scaling was difficult to do with the references I had, so I went onto Garry's Mod and downloaded the Zelda ragdoll.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3349772/
winryrockbell27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #10095
winryrockbell27

Test test. 1, 2, 3.

OKAY!

So I made Zelda's earrings. They aren't painted yet, but here they are:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3349772/

Last edited by winryrockbell27 : 02-11-2013 at 10:30 PM.
winryrockbell27 is offline   Reply With Quote