Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #31
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami Desu~ View Post
Personally I think the wig is perfect and so is your cosplay :3
Ah, thanks. The short one was the cheap party wig and the long one was a good quality one. I don't have any regrets on the outfit though, just that wig. Being on this forum helped me learn how to spot a good one.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #32
Smochi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1hDPTlBbGI

Definitely this, cosplay wise. I never have good videos of me in cosplay, and so I literally FREAKED OUT when I saw someone recorded this. It's me with Chris Ayres (the voice of Frieza) hiding behind me and doing my voice.
Smochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:12 AM   #33
dwayna

My favorite convention moment so far was my interaction with a Domino's pizza guy. Usually I'll get reactions like "oh, what's going on" or "why are you dressed all crazy?" but this guy really made my day.

It had been a rough day. I had some issues regarding scheduling, had some fussy friends, ran the Homestuck draw party, had my horns break and was under a tremendous amount of stress (also my make up was wearing off big time by now)!

I ran up to the lobby to ask the hotel to take my bass out of storage, and as I was going to the lobby a pizza man stopped me. I turned expecting the "what's going on here?" questions but instead I got...

"Woah man. Your costume is really cool. Like I've seen a lot of cool costumes here but yours is really cool."

My Vriska cosplay was my first time doing make-up and sewing quite a bit so I wasn't all that confident but having a total stranger come up to me and saying that they really liked my costume after a long day was so amazing.

The only bad part was I didn't get any free pizza out of it! Darn!
dwayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #34
AJ the Collector
Collector

At the Toronto Transformers Con and Anime Expo in 2004, I met Michael Dobson. I was dressed as Mario and asked him about a show he worked on, Silverwing. My dad and I got to chat for a few minutes with him after the Q&A session and he was overall really awesome.

Fast forward to 2011, at Anime North. I go up to meet him once again and say it's nice to see him after so long. He asked if we've met, and I told him "I was the Mario who asked about Silverwing." His face immediately lit up with a big smile of recognition and he shook my hand and said it's great to see me again. He then told me that if I hadn't asked him about Silverwing that day back in 2004, he might not have remembered me--I'm the only fan who's ever brought up the show to him.

He and his brother Brian then signed my DVD I brought for them, and Michael let me have two photos taken with him as an extra treat. It was well worth the hour of waiting in line.
St. Catharines Murder Mysterystuck
DTAC 2014

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Humanstuck Gamzee Makara {100%!} for End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014 and AN15
Equius Zahhak {98%} for St. Catharines Murder Mysterystuck and AN15
Totakeke {90%} for DTAC14
L {75%} for AN15
Sable Able {55%} for CB15
Dryden Fassa {25%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #35
JocelynNicole58

At Kumoricon 2012, I kept running in to the same guy. I honestly have no idea what he was cosplaying because i nicknamed him half naked guy. To his face. He was letting people sign him and so i did and he hugged me. Later, I was at a party at the same con, and I ran in to him, again. HE was running around and dancing and just talking to people and everyone had glowsticks and cheap light up stuff. When he saw me, his face lit up and he gave me a hug. He noticed i didnt have any glowsticks or whatever, so he gave me his Light saber.

I know, I know. Totally sounds wrong. Dont let your mind take you there.

Anyways, I still have it and it was the best souvenir i could have gotten at my first con
JocelynNicole58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #36
vietgirl018
hibiki

cant really think of some other moments off the top of my head.

But I did get a whole pizza and a vietnamese sandwich for free when my friends left me alone.
Otaku Bento (Houston, TX base group)

Current cosplay plans:
* Black rabbit from Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 100%
* Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon - 0%
* Meredy from Tales of Eternia/Destiny 2
* Luigi from Luigi's Mansion - 100%
* Sakura(Beginning of movie 2) from Cardcaptor sakura

Upcoming conventions:
* Katsuon 2014 (Feb 2014)
* Anime Matsuri (March 2014, Houston, TX)
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #37
SA2R
King of the Skies

When it comes down to it~ too many to talk about CX
One that sticks out in my mind though, was during AX 2010. I have a soft spot for farm animal plushes, and just bought a plush chicken in the artist's alley. It wasn't big enough to be worth the trip back to the hotel to drop it off, so I held on to it. At some point I lost my little guy ;; I remember checking on it every couple of minutes, and he was simply gone. I re-traces my steps, and began to freak out XD (it was just a little plush 20$ thing, but something about the idea of someone else with it made my stomach churn.)
I was apparently pretty distressed looking, and finally declared that I would have to buy another one, and pretend it never happened.
The next morning half our hotel roomies were gone. So me and my gf, got ready quickly and headed straight to the Artist's alley see if they had any chickens left. To my surprise~ the rest of my roomies were there ;A; They were all going to buy me a plush chicken. I wanted to cry ;W; These were all people I met through the years @ cons/events.
I don't think I have ever had friends this good TTWTT!!

I of course didn't let them all buy me one XD I lost it, I bought myself a new one.

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #38
Khos
Impossible doesn't exist.

Some person who was cosplaying a very L-like cosplay (the situation was awkward and that distracted me from paying attention to their cosplay at all) randomly walked up to me with arms wide open. We shared a hug, and he / she kept walking. Not a word was exchanged.

At first I was uncomfortable, but now every time I look back to that moment it makes me smile. How freaking cute!

MTAC 2013 -
Usagi Tsukino - Friday
Pink Ball Gown (Friday Night)
??? - Saturday
??? - Sunday
Khos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #39
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

Best things? Hmmm....

My first Anime Expo AX was in 2010. This was cool because I went with my friends who had NEVER gone to a con before, either, so we got to experience it together! The funny thing is, it was one day in church my friend mentioned there was a convention nearby going on in July (had no idea we had cons not far). We didn't even know if we got to go, it was mainly a daydream, but then we ended up going! And later on, I found out I had just attended THE LARGEST con in North America, sweet! Also, though we didn't realize it then, we saw the girl perform (it was the end, though) the opening song for "K-On!". Later, my brother started to watch the show and looking back at the video, it was the singer singing it! Also this was the con that made me want to cosplay. I used to think it was weird, until I saw it in real life <3

At AX2011, it was my first time as a seller in the Artist Alley. I'm part of an online manga magazine and I got to sell with two fellow mangaka I knew well and got to meet them for the first time in real life! Since I was into more anime and manga, I recognized a lot more cosplayer and got to take lots of neat pictures. My first experience cosplaying, though it was only the school uniform of my own manga.

At AX2012, despite all the drama that went on, I went to my first cosplay gathering. My first time cosplaying as an anime character (meaning, not my own character), Mayuri Shiina of Steins;Gate. When we all gathered, people with cameras just appeared out of nowhere, sop we all gathered for photos! And one of the Okarins had the one device that showed the world line. So epic! Also, I got Monica Rial's autograph! She's my favorite voice actress and she seemed really fun and sweet, I even got a picture with her.

Best experiences ever <3
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)

Currently in the works!
Keichii Maebara [casual, genderbent] (Higurashi)
Shinji Ikari [school uniform, genderbent] (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #40
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

I think one of my fave con memories is from the year I went to our local comic con dressed as Fiona from Shrek. I had TONS parents coming up to me, wanting pictures. Even more parents than kids wanted my picture!

The BEST parents were the ones with a baby about six months old. They told me their child wanted a picture with me. I count myself lucky the poor child didn't scream at the sight of a green-skinned woman leaning over him! But it was just so adorkably sweet that I couldn't say no.
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #41
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

The main one that sticks out for me was at AX 2012. I went to the Tiger & Bunny panel with my friend after going to the Final Fantasy gathering since it was cut short and we sat down and had a good time. At the end they had a list of ticket numbers that were the winners and were guaranteed a spot in the autograph line, and mine was one of the winning tickets. I don't think I had ever been so happy to win a contest in my life. XD

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #42
Chryso

Being stalked, waved at furiously, and pointed out to other celebrities, the whoole day, by Richard Horvitz when I was dressed as Zim (who he voices for).
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #43
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Stephanie Sheh who does the voice of Orihime from Bleach, Hinata from Naruto, Mikuru from Haruhi, etc was at Acen 2 years in a row, and when I went to meet her again the 2nd time she was there, she somehow remembered meeting me. Thought it was awesome ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #44
Entrekin
Bentpic5

I forget which con it was but the pizza guy literally had a baggage cart stacked full of pizza orders, (like 30+ pizzas), He was waiting in the lobby for about 2 hours calling the call back number. around 2am, He had about 10 pizzas left and started selling them off since the people never came and picked up their food (of course they didn't prepay) I got 6 pizzas for like $25.

That and one time I won something by a random drawing. Winning free stuff is always fun.

Message me for Photoshoot scheduling and information for any con I am attending.
Upcoming 2014 Schedule: Katsucon - Momocon - Seishuncon - Dragon*Con - AWA
Entrekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #45
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

I sort-of have one :P

It was Orlando anime day, and my mom and I had only been there for a few minutes (we were there for only an hour and thirty minutes in total before we left) and I saw two Riku and Xion (Kingdom Hearts) cosplayers walking out the door. Oh my God, I scrambled desperately after them, all, "ADSKLJJFHAFDA RIKU XION~~~!!!!~~~!" They told me "Certainly~!" and smiled when finally caught up and mother and I got their picture. :'D They also invited me to come to something called, ("Operation: Kingdom Hearts," I believe? It was something along the lines, but it had to do with Kingdom Hearts getting into Disney World or something. Idk >>)

And just as my mom and I began walking back someone asked me for my picture.

That was the first time someone ever asked me for a photo. however...I posed horribly and my face twitched when I smiled (Because I was nervous and it was my first time posing), and when I look back on it now, it was embarrassing, but sooo funny at the same time.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote