Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
ghostiesays
I tend to disappear ^_^

BioShock: Boys of Silence PLEASE HELP!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I have never cosplayed before. I plan on cosplaying at comic con NYC this October as a Boys of Silence from the upcoming game BioShock: Infinite. I would LOVE you guys forever if you gave me some insight into how I should start. I'm not terrible with arts and crafts so dont tell me to use pizza boxes, I can hold my own.

http://www.youtube.com/ghostiesays

If you want to know more about me (I know that my profile is lacking) just visit me on my youtube channel! Lots of Bioshock videos =D
-> www.youtube.com/ghostiesays
TWITTER -> @GhostieSays

HERE IS AN IMAGE OF THE BOYS OF SILENCE:

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/29411...-31912-4pm.jpg

AND A VIDEO OF WHAT THEY'RE LIKE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btA07qRZR4Q

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER ME I LOVE YOU ALL!!
ghostiesays is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
THEaconda

Hey there, I think I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm hoping to have a Boys of Silence costume ready by Brisbane Supanova in November. I haven't really cosplayed before besides rushed Halloween costumes. Made a few props/ weapons though.

I've been trying to come up with ideas. So far I'm thinking of using chicken wire to create the basic shape, then covering it with paper mache. I suppose I'd need to cover it with something - maybe fibreglass resin? - to keep it strong. This is just an idea though, I haven't done anything like this before; so that could be too heavy, or a completely stupid idea.

Anyone who's been cosplaying longer got any ideas? Help would be much appreciated!
THEaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
the.footpad

Well, I was thinking of doing a boys of silence for my brother (since ive gotten pretty popular for my Booker cosplay on deviantart and the 2k forums, I figured i would have another character in my upcoming pictures.)
What I would do is have someone make a Pepakura file for it. If you don't know what Pepakura is, It's very easy to just type it in on google and there are TONS of help forums for it!
After that, I would print out the pepakura model, glue it together, fiberglass it, bondo it, and then do all the small details using clay and things of that sort. for the suit, that's just plain and simple sewing.
Hope that helps!
the.footpad is offline   Reply With Quote