Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
CosplayerKirito
"The Invisible"

I've never stretched. Skating to the park usually gets my legs stretched enough with all the pushing and warming up I do on the way. I do plan on running and such, and doing the Intermediate exercise posted here, so I'll be getting my legs much more toned now, instead of the bit of flab I have now.
Heathcliff
Asuna
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Ino Yamanaka 75% (Need wig cut and styled)
Conventions Planned:
CosplayerKirito is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #17
Dollicon
Derelict

Stretches should be slow with lots of focus. Skating will not stretch your legs in the way I mean. Get down on the floor and touch your toes or other various forms of stretching and concentrate while doing it. Give yourself the flexibility your body needs. It may also prevent injuries while skating.

EDIT: Some stretches http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJy_bsCJqo
Dollicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
CosplayerKirito
"The Invisible"

Surprisingly, in all the years I've been skating, I've never once injured myself bad enough to be out of skating, except when I bashed my knee and tore ligaments and ripped some muscle. NEver broken a bone either. :3

But I do need to start stretching if I'm going to start working out.
Heathcliff
Asuna
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Conventions Planned:
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
belligerent
Viking Metal

If you're trying to pass as female, I don't know that you necessarily want thinner thighs? I personally think I'd pass better as male if my thighs (22") and calves (17") were smaller.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
CosplayerKirito
"The Invisible"

You have a point, though, I think slimmer legs would still make me look more feminine for a crossplay. Unless I can somehow pull it off with what I've got, just shaving lol.
Heathcliff
Asuna
Yoruichi (Bleach)
Conventions Planned:
Unread 02-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #21
ReighMkale

If you suddenly start jogging an hour a day you will most likely get runner's knee! I would say start working towards running an hour a day (biking and elepitcal could help with the pre steps) and always make sure to stretch!

Otherwise Spot reducing fat is very hard (not impossible) but because most people only work out one area (when they're doing it) their body needs to compensate so getting a balance is really hard.

BUT you -can- tone your legs to get them tighter and then possile leaner

Lunges, squats etc will build up because of muscle mass but if you stretch stretch stretch it should help lengthen your muscles.

SWIMMING is the best cardio you can do without much muscle bulk (except for butterfly your shoulders get massive).

Good Luck!
ReighMkale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #22
Higpi
No.

My legs and thighs started to get toned out when doing a whole mess of things. I'm in water polo and i do brazillian butt lift and p90x. All that made my legs thinner and more toned out. With brazillian butt lift, you'll see a different 6 weeks. p90x only takes 3 months to see an absolute change. Even if you are a guy, you can still use brazillian butt lift workout. It's really good for the legs. Just make sure to even it out with other things because if you use brazillian butt lift, your thighs won't be touching each other!
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #23
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosplayerKirito View Post
You have a point, though, I think slimmer legs would still make me look more feminine for a crossplay. Unless I can somehow pull it off with what I've got, just shaving lol.
I agree with belligerent. Most females have bigger legs then men. Men have bigger upper bodies. I mean look at Chun Li, Cammy and Morrigan. They have HUGE thighs. Stick thin thighs and calves are not very common, they are in anime but if you are going for a feminine look then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Make sure your legs are in shape and not fatty and you should be fine. Women are built with big thighs to hold dem babies.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote